1. #1
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 30,622
    Betpoints: 346

    Sixers Sure To Make An Offseason Move

    When watching the Philadelphia 76ers in their second-round NBA playoffs series with the Boston Celtics, it was clear that Philly is one big piece away from being a true title contender.

    (Head coach Brett Brown and general manager Bryan Colangelo admitted as much after the Sixers were eliminated from the postseason.)

    So, how will the 76ers go about addressing their needs? Well, letís just say they plan on shooting for the moon.

    Should LeBron James opt out of his current deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers after this season, the Sixers are expected to make a push for the 33-year-old superstar, Philly.comís Keith Pompey reported Saturday. Furthermore, the Sixers will explore either a trade for San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard or a free-agent deal for Oklahoma City Thunder swingman Paul George.

    ďPaul George is another free agent the Sixers have interest in, according to folks around the league,Ē Pompey wrote. Ē Ö Donít be surprised if they also try to acquire San Antonio Spurs small forward Kawhi Leonard in a trade. Sources have said the Sixers have expressed interest in the two-time all-star.Ē

    To be clear: Pompey isnít saying Philly wants to add all three players to its roster. Rather, the 76ers are expected to look into filling their void with one (or possibly two) of the three. In any event, there appears to be a decent chance Philly will look much different next season than it did in falling to the Celtics in five games.

  2. #2
    Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-13-09
    Posts: 4,506
    Betpoints: 15072

    LBJ not a great idea IMO.

    Paul George would be better, but they need a smaller quicker guy to compliment the other pieces, a Kemba Walker type maybe. Not sure who would be available.

  3. #3
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    George is not the answer, he never was for any team

    Too soft pussy player

  4. #4
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,024
    Betpoints: 41120

    The first move they should make is to shitcan their coach.

    They will have trouble trading for a star because after Embiid and Simmons, it is a roster with not much talent. Saric and Covington are serviceable 4th and 5th options, nothing more. Fultz needs to mature and get on the court.

    Can’t see Lebron going to Philly and a better chance of Kawhi getting dealt to Lakers for Ingram, Lonzo, picks and an expiring deal than getting sent to Philly. Leonard and Lebron make more sense than George and Lebron.

  5. #5
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,024
    Betpoints: 41120

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    George is not the answer, he never was for any team

    Too soft pussy player
    To come back as quickly as he did from a gruesome leg injury is the exact opposite of being soft.

  6. #6
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,169
    Betpoints: 87

    Not a fan of Simmons. Donít think they can get it done with him as the PG for the foreseeable future. Need Fultz to up his game and play over the white boy.

  7. #7
    klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-14
    Posts: 3,701
    Betpoints: 2395

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    LBJ not a great idea IMO.

    Paul George would be better, but they need a smaller quicker guy to compliment the other pieces, a Kemba Walker type maybe. Not sure who would be available.
    Oh sure. Adding the greatest player in the game would be a horrible idea.

    Where do you come up with this logic? I'm not saying they should run Cleveland's "stand around while LBJ goes to the hoop" offense, but he would add an extra 2 or 3 years to his career if he played as part of the offense. Kind of what he did in Miami. If Simmons is handling the ball, LeBron would get easy big numbers. Factor in Embiid playing down low and you're talking serious problems guarding this team. The only problem is LeBron's ego. Would he be happy just being a cog in the offense and actually hustling on defense to get another ring?

    And could Brett Brown handle LeBron?

    Sure there's concerns, but you can't say it would be a bad move.

  8. #8
    klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-14
    Posts: 3,701
    Betpoints: 2395

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Not a fan of Simmons. Don’t think they can get it done with him as the PG for the foreseeable future. Need Fultz to up his game and play over the white boy.
    You can't be serious. Simmons was a triple-double threat all year, in his first season! Sure his lack of jump shot got exposed in the playoffs but he can work on that. A 6' 10" point guard with that kind of length and speed would be impossible to guard if he developed a 15 ft shot or a hesi-pull up jumper. Fultz has the exact same problem, no outside shot and who knows what he's like on defense.

  9. #9
    bonusguy
    bonusguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-25-17
    Posts: 1,785
    Betpoints: 1445

    lebron not going to philly. players dont want him

  10. #10
    cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 45,358
    Betpoints: 93

    could they teach simmons how to shoot in the offseason not being able to attempt a 3 pointer is a joke

  11. #11
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,169
    Betpoints: 87

    Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    You can't be serious. Simmons was a triple-double threat all year, in his first season! Sure his lack of jump shot got exposed in the playoffs but he can work on that. A 6' 10" point guard with that kind of length and speed would be impossible to guard if he developed a 15 ft shot or a hesi-pull up jumper. Fultz has the exact same problem, no outside shot and who knows what he's like on defense.
    Until he develops a jumper, he will have the same issue every playoff. Regular season stud, but doesnít matter in the end if you canít get it done on the big stage.

  12. #12
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 30,622
    Betpoints: 346

    Brett Brown has one season remaining on his contract, but the Sixers plan on working out a new deal with him long before his pact expires, as Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer relays.

    “It happens all the time, but I don’t think it’s the healthiest of situations with coaching going into a season with one-year remaining on their contracts,” GM Bryan Colangelo said. “It impacts so many aspects of what you’re doing.”

    “So I’m hopeful for the appropriate time we sit down and have some discussion with respect to his situation, and he realizes just how much we value him as the coach of this program.”

    The franchise previously expressed a desire to keep Brown on the sidelines long-term. The former Spurs assistant led Philadelphia to a 52-30 record this past season, helping the team reach the postseason for the first time in six years.

  13. #13
    Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-13-09
    Posts: 4,506
    Betpoints: 15072

    Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    Oh sure. Adding the greatest player in the game would be a horrible idea.

    Where do you come up with this logic? I'm not saying they should run Cleveland's "stand around while LBJ goes to the hoop" offense, but he would add an extra 2 or 3 years to his career if he played as part of the offense. Kind of what he did in Miami. If Simmons is handling the ball, LeBron would get easy big numbers. Factor in Embiid playing down low and you're talking serious problems guarding this team. The only problem is LeBron's ego. Would he be happy just being a cog in the offense and actually hustling on defense to get another ring?

    And could Brett Brown handle LeBron?

    Sure there's concerns, but you can't say it would be a bad move.
    There's real downside though.

    - Would have to get rid of players to afford him most likely

    - He would want things to go exactly his way like he did in CLE, even though playing GM isn't his strength

    - You would have to change your offense quite a bit

    - (biggest one IMO) If it doesn't work, you're really screwed for years after. Why go through the whole "trust the process" thing if you're just going to do this?

  14. #14
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    Boston new GSW of The East for the next 3-5 years

Top