1. #1
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,963
    Betpoints: 5179

    Jason Witten Retiring to Become Monday Night Football Analyst

    Did Romo start a trend?

  2. #2
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 82,816
    Betpoints: 11229

    One of the best.. Sorry to see him go...

  3. #3
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 14,923
    Betpoints: 1383

    I don't think the offense will be that much different with him gone. A whole new concept since Romo left.

  4. #4
    opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-12-10
    Posts: 23,429
    Betpoints: 1012

    Sad day.

    Cant blame him. Dak can’t get it to him like Romo could. No sense in killing your sled for a QB who can’t sling it.

    SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011


  5. #5
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6313

    he's slow and old it was time

  6. #6
    King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-22-10
    Posts: 21,325
    Betpoints: 3679

    Another cowgirl announcer

  7. #7
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 82,816
    Betpoints: 11229


  8. #8
    trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-13-06
    Posts: 23,475
    Betpoints: 276195

    why would they pick him over endless other choices? strange one

  9. #9
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 14,757
    Betpoints: 1664

    It's not the Romo trend

    It's the "Dak Prescott sucks" trend

    Dez and Whitten and Romo out in 12 months lol... da'boys gonna be cellar dwellers as long as their qb is Dak

  10. #10
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6313

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    It's not the Romo trend

    It's the "Dak Prescott sucks" trend

    Dez and Whitten and Romo out in 12 months lol... da'boys gonna be cellar dwellers as long as their qb is Dak
    weird he's one of the better qbs in the league

  11. #11
    tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-31-10
    Posts: 21,695
    Betpoints: 1122

    The most overrated TE in the NFL

    Will not be miss

  12. #12
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 14,757
    Betpoints: 1664

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    weird he's one of the better qbs in the league
    Completely disagree

    Guy has 0 footwork

    Stats declined in EVERY category over 2016

    Expect stats to decline more this year with more INTs

    Unless ZEKE runs for 2000 yards Dak is worthless...reminds me of Travarious Jackson in MN

  13. #13
    El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 18,426
    Betpoints: 1868

    I'm sure he will be riveting in the booth.

  14. #14
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6313

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Completely disagree

    Guy has 0 footwork

    Stats declined in EVERY category over 2016

    Expect stats to decline more this year with more INTs

    Unless ZEKE runs for 2000 yards Dak is worthless...reminds me of Travarious Jackson in MN
    all you have to do is look at the stats compared to the rest of the league, he's in the better half

  15. #15
    packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-22-13
    Posts: 17,597
    Betpoints: 4064

    They just throw these guys into the deep end without any prior experience.

  16. #16
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 14,923
    Betpoints: 1383

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Completely disagree

    Guy has 0 footwork

    Stats declined in EVERY category over 2016

    Expect stats to decline more this year with more INTs

    Unless ZEKE runs for 2000 yards Dak is worthless...reminds me of Travarious Jackson in MN
    Not even close.

  17. #17
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 82,816
    Betpoints: 11229

    Dak looked like crap last year, I agree.. Not sure what to think of him now?

    Try him one more year with a healthy Zeke and wide receiver crew and see what happens I say. If he tanks again bench him and make him a back up..

  18. #18
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6313

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Dak looked like crap last year, I agree.. Not sure what to think of him now?

    Try him one more year with a healthy Zeke and wide receiver crew and see what happens I say. If he tanks again bench him and make him a back up..
    Last 2 years, 6,991 yards 45td 17int 12 rush td 65.3% completion, 95.8 passer rtg.. Id like to know who are all these good qbs if he sucks.

  19. #19
    cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 45,358
    Betpoints: 93

    nice gig work 1 night a week

  20. #20
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 82,816
    Betpoints: 11229

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Last 2 years, 6,991 yards 45td 17int 12 rush td 65.3% completion, 95.8 passer rtg.. Id like to know who are all these good qbs if he sucks.
    He fell apart in the playoffs this last year.. Last year he regressed.. Bottom line...

    I'm a fan, my nef went to Mississippi State with him.. I'm rooting for him to do well this next year..

    I also happen to be a Cowboy fan from the crib.. Met Roger Staubach as a kid.. Tony Dorsett lives near me and see once in a while at the stairs I go to daily...

  21. #21
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 14,757
    Betpoints: 1664

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    all you have to do is look at the stats compared to the rest of the league, he's in the better half
    Traditional rating he was 19th last year

    ESPN 'run heavy' rating he was 4th

    Overall, I would say in all honesty that DAK is probably somewhere between 13-17th best QB in the league and has been trending down since final trimester of 2016 season

    If he didn't have extremely gifted running he would be utterly impossible to play with

    He seems like a legit nice person, and I wish him well, but in a division with Smith, Manning, Wentz, Foles and a conference with Rodgers, Cousins, Stafford, Brees, Ryan, Newton, Garappalo, Wilson and Goff how well is Dallas QB play going to stack up??

  22. #22
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 93,839
    Betpoints: 6994

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    all you have to do is look at the stats compared to the rest of the league, he's in the better half
    Is that really saying something? Be honest

  23. #23
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 21,480
    Betpoints: 233


  24. #24
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6313

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Is that really saying something? Be honest
    I would think stats matter quite a bit mate

  25. #25
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 82,816
    Betpoints: 11229

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Traditional rating he was 19th last year

    ESPN 'run heavy' rating he was 4th

    Overall, I would say in all honesty that DAK is probably somewhere between 13-17th best QB in the league and has been trending down since final trimester of 2016 season

    If he didn't have extremely gifted running he would be utterly impossible to play with

    He seems like a legit nice person, and I wish him well, but in a division with Smith, Manning, Wentz, Foles and a conference with Rodgers, Cousins, Stafford, Brees, Ryan, Newton, Garappalo, Wilson and Goff how well is Dallas QB play going to stack up??
    Bottom dweller for sure compared to all those in the pure passing department.. Like you said though Dak has wheels and can run better then most of those quarterbacks you just mentioned.. Dak is built like a running back..

    Dak was very good his first year with the dink and dunk passing and that came easy of play action when Zeke was running the ball well.. Defenses have figured Dak out now.. Not coming so easy.. Not a great down the field passer like Tony Romo was that's for sure..

    My take D. Prescott...

  26. #26
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    too many jocks on tv

    sick of them

Top