View Poll Results: Do you believe in tipping a casino dealer ?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 32.08%
  • No

    10 18.87%
  • it's my money why would I tip

    0 0%
  • I have to win first to tip

    26 49.06%
  1. #36
    A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-08-12
    Posts: 5,224
    Betpoints: 24

    As a former Pit Boss, I can tell you this....

    If you frequent the same casino and don't tip the staff you will get labeled and screwed whenever possible. People that tip the dealers regularly got special treatment when I was running my pit.

  2. #37
    reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-25-07
    Posts: 17,890
    Betpoints: 89

    thread is a bit surprising to me

    used to live in the poker room and everyone tipped always...you had your exception here and there when it was someone's first time ever playing in a casino

  3. #38
    RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 65,214
    Betpoints: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    As a former Pit Boss, I can tell you this....

    If you frequent the same casino and don't tip the staff you will get labeled and screwed whenever possible. People that tip the dealers regularly got special treatment when I was running my pit.
    as a gambler can you get me free bud lights?

  4. #39
    A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-08-12
    Posts: 5,224
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    as a gambler can you get me free bud lights?
    Ha ha ha ha unfortunately, I worked in California at an Indian Casino and the state prevents them from giving away alcohol. However, steak dinners at the upscale steak house is always an option.

  5. #40
    SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-18
    Posts: 3,938
    Betpoints: 1926

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Lets call this thread what it is: DUMB



    Your title says...do you tip dealers (when you win?)

    yes
    no

    are the first two choices

    later on you say...yes only when you win




    horrible

    both mean the same damn thing
    no not really

  6. #41
    mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-07-17
    Posts: 2,973
    Betpoints: 5284

    Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    As a former Pit Boss, I can tell you this....

    If you frequent the same casino and don't tip the staff you will get labeled and screwed whenever possible. People that tip the dealers regularly got special treatment when I was running my pit.
    If you saw a person regularly tipping the dealers, would the pit boss normally up the rating of a player to get them offers or just reward the player with a comp if they asked? One of the habits I had to learn to do was ask for a comp from the local casinos because I was so used to just waiting for an email/mail offer until one day one of the dealers told me to ask the boss for a comp when I mentioned I was considering coloring up to go eat.

  7. #42
    A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-08-12
    Posts: 5,224
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    If you saw a person regularly tipping the dealers, would the pit boss normally up the rating of a player to get them offers or just reward the player with a comp if they asked? One of the habits I had to learn to do was ask for a comp from the local casinos because I was so used to just waiting for an email/mail offer until one day one of the dealers told me to ask the boss for a comp when I mentioned I was considering coloring up to go eat.
    My personal policy was this....

    If I saw you playing a lot of the time and tipping when winning, I would go out of my way to give you whatever you want within reason. I would often break company policy and over comp players that tipped and that were polite. Everyone else I followed company policy to the letter. No player points, no comps.

  8. #43
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    This is like asking if you tip the server at a restaurant.

    You are an assshole if you dont.

    They need to make a living just like the rest of us.

  9. #44
    RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 65,214
    Betpoints: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    no not really
    really

    you related to stevek with these obscure polls?

  10. #45
    ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 12,025
    Betpoints: 1184

    Always tip!! Casino dealers donít make much. They depend on tips !! Donít be a cheapskate

First 12
Top