1. #1
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,040
    Betpoints: 2697

    My early Saturday play...

    NY Rangers -108

    I don't play hockey much this time of year but this number to me is way off. It took Ottawa's best game in the 1st game and they only won 2-1. They had a ton of shots on goal which the Rangers will reduce today. Not a lot of energy from NY last game but I think they come firing on all cylinders today. They are much more talented than the Senators so I'll take the generous number here. Ranger should be sitting at -160, it opened at even odds and is now starting to drift to the -120 area in some shops which is still a great deal.

    Good luck if you play along.

    Back later with some MLB.

  2. #2
    manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-22-07
    Posts: 20,088
    Betpoints: 649

    tailing

  3. #3
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 94,061
    Betpoints: 7647

    Like it. Good luck ranger

  4. #4
    agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-01-11
    Posts: 3,660
    Betpoints: 13986

    wrong side guy

  5. #5
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,040
    Betpoints: 2697

    Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    wrong side guy
    Do you wish to elaborate?

  6. #6
    manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-22-07
    Posts: 20,088
    Betpoints: 649

    Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Do you wish to elaborate?
    Agenda is 36-5-2 last 43 plays if that clears the optics for you Ranger

    unapologetically ripping us all to shreds in the Big Baller NHL Playoffs contest

  7. #7
    GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-12-13
    Posts: 4,162
    Betpoints: 15181

    Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Agenda is 36-5-2 last 43 plays if that clears the optics for you Ranger

    unapologetically ripping us all to shreds in the Big Baller NHL Playoffs contest
    I do believe Rangers get it done today, they should've never lost game 1

  8. #8
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    on Rangers also

    Good luck

  9. #9
    Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-13
    Posts: 8,803
    Betpoints: 589

    Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Agenda is 36-5-2 last 43 plays if that clears the optics for you Ranger

    unapologetically ripping us all to shreds in the Big Baller NHL Playoffs contest
    Agenda and I are in the same side on this one.

    Ottawa has has far superior top end talent.

    Stone/Hoffman/Ryan/Turris/Karlsson are FAR superior to Zuccarrello/McDonagh/Kreider/Zibinejad/Stepan

    You could say that the Rangers are deeper, but Staal/Girardi and the bottom end of their d-core make up in suckitude for their better depth forwards (JT Miller/Nash/Vesey).

    Lundqvist was at his very best to keep the Rangers in Game 1. He will need to be as good or better in Game 2 and I don't believe he will be. 90% of the public is all over the Rangers and their awesome road record...but regular season road records do not always translate to the playoffs.

    I love the Sens tonight. GL all.

  10. #10
    Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-30-11
    Posts: 4,272
    Betpoints: 28619

    NHL
    Rangers ML LOST

    MLB
    Washington Nationals ML LOST

    Lets go
    Last edited by Philmill; 04-29-17 at 07:39 PM.

  11. #11
    GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-12-13
    Posts: 4,162
    Betpoints: 15181

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Agenda and I are in the same side on this one.

    Ottawa has has far superior top end talent.

    Stone/Hoffman/Ryan/Turris/Karlsson are FAR superior to Zuccarrello/McDonagh/Kreider/Zibinejad/Stepan

    You could say that the Rangers are deeper, but Staal/Girardi and the bottom end of their d-core make up in suckitude for their better depth forwards (JT Miller/Nash/Vesey).

    Lundqvist was at his very best to keep the Rangers in Game 1. He will need to be as good or better in Game 2 and I don't believe he will be. 90% of the public is all over the Rangers and their awesome road record...but regular season road records do not always translate to the playoffs.

    I love the Sens tonight. GL all.
    Worked in Montreal

  12. #12
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,040
    Betpoints: 2697

    Everyone has valid points, but to me it comes down to the number hanging on the board. IMO, is too low and therefore value on the Rangers. I feel the number should be NY -150 based on past data and the fact NY just didn't bring their "A" game in the 1st game, and Ottawa had played their best and the score was 2-1. Rangers will bring it today.

  13. #13
    Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-13
    Posts: 8,803
    Betpoints: 589

    Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Everyone has valid points, but to me it comes down to the number hanging on the board. IMO, is too low and therefore value on the Rangers. I feel the number should be NY -150 based on past data and the fact NY just didn't bring their "A" game in the 1st game, and Ottawa had played their best and the score was 2-1. Rangers will bring it today.
    NY minus -150??????

    ummmmmmm, I have no idea why you would think that. Ottawa is the superior team here and at home. I got plus money on them....I feel that is a steal for value.

    Of course either team can win, and I am not guaranteeing anything...but a -150 line here would be completely and TOTALLY wrong.

  14. #14
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,040
    Betpoints: 2697

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    NY minus -150??????

    ummmmmmm, I have no idea why you would think that. Ottawa is the superior team here and at home. I got plus money on them....I feel that is a steal for value.

    Of course either team can win, and I am not guaranteeing anything...but a -150 line here would be completely and TOTALLY wrong.

    Just my opinion. I figure NY wins this 60% of the time this game is played in these exact circumstances. That translates to -150 moneyline. I think they have the better motivation to come stronger than last game and they will not let Ottawa take all those shots on goal again this series. Not saying it's a lock either, but I like the Rangers in this situation.

    I guess that's why they have a market. Different opinions with different numbers. May the winning ticket buy the beer, lol.

  15. #15
    Rusty Bucket$
    Rusty Bucket$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-29-17
    Posts: 169
    Betpoints: 288

    Dollars you say that Lundqvist was at his very best in game 1, but you don't think he'll be as good today. And why is that? Lundqvist has probably been the best goalie in the playoffs possibly other than Rinne. He might be playing the best hockey of his career, not sure why you think today would be any different.

  16. #16
    Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-13
    Posts: 8,803
    Betpoints: 589

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bucket$ View Post
    Dollars you say that Lundqvist was at his very best in game 1, but you don't think he'll be as good today. And why is that? Lundqvist has probably been the best goalie in the playoffs possibly other than Rinne. He might be playing the best hockey of his career, not sure why you think today would be any different.
    Lundqvist isn't the G he was, plus after he has challenges when he comes off of a game where he stands on his head and loses. He is on of the more emotional goalies in the game and gets upset at his teamtes too often (in my opinion).

    What a crazy game. Weird bounces all over, two short handed goals by the Rangers....big comeback at the end.

    Just odd.

  17. #17
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    Let's steal this one

  18. #18
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,040
    Betpoints: 2697

    Lol JJ. Books had this game almost even, I had it at -150, I think it's been both, lol. 5th period should end this game, refs have swallowed the whistles.

  19. #19
    cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 7,097
    Betpoints: 10316

    Ot gl

  20. #20
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    Gambling tough

    Range Finder thank God you work in warehouse for extra income


    Pro gambling brutal

  21. #21
    Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-13
    Posts: 8,803
    Betpoints: 589

    Easy money.

  22. #22
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,040
    Betpoints: 2697

    Well, it was fun. To the guys that had Ottawa, I'll just have a Bud Light, lol. Great game though. Time to move on.

  23. #23
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,040
    Betpoints: 2697

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Easy money.


  24. #24
    Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-13
    Posts: 8,803
    Betpoints: 589

    Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Lol, glad you got that I was kidding....not crapping on you. Tough loss for sure man.

  25. #25
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,040
    Betpoints: 2697

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Lol, glad you got that I was kidding....not crapping on you. Tough loss for sure man.
    As a sports betting vet, it happens quite a few times during the course of a year. I know by your posts you wouldn't hammer anybody for a loss, because we've all been there. All good, man.

Top