DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8394

The Smithsonian Is Currently In Search Of A Beer Drinking Traveler And It Pays $64K

The Smithsonian Is Currently In Search Of A Beer Drinking Traveler And It Pays $64,000 Annualy

If you’ve ever said to yourself, “Can’t I just have a beer and tour the country and someone pay me for it?” Well, we have really, really good news for you! This job actually exists and The Smithsonian is currently hiring and we have a link to the application!
    The Smithsonian is doing research into American craft beer, so they’re going to hire someone to travel around for the next three years to drink beer, talk to brewers, and file reports. And they’re paying $64,650 a year, plus benefits.

Anyone can apply, but they do say they want someone who has an advanced degree in history, food, brewing, culture, or business.

According to Washington CityPaper, send a CV, cover letter, and names of three references to: Abigail Karow at NMAHApplications@si.edu. Applications are due Aug. 10. The posting also says to contact Paula Johnson, Curator: 202-633-3908 or Kathleen Franz, Curator: 202-633-7935 with questions.
    You can link directly to the job description and application here.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol "advanced degree in history, food, brewing, culture, or business."

I find that funny, of course, unless someone focused their advanced degree on something useful to the job which I'm sure there are. But, I imagine ALL the history students out there with advanced degrees in nothing that will get them a real job applying. Funny.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol "advanced degree in history, food, brewing, culture, or business."

I find that funny, of course, unless someone focused their advanced degree on something useful to the job which I'm sure some applicants did during their degree. But, I imagine ALL the history students out there with advanced degrees in nothing that will get them a real job applying. Funny.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

would be a good job