1. #106
    Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-13
    Posts: 13,133
    Betpoints: 10145

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Fantasy has zero impact on NFL
    Always been illegal pools , ect


    Rookie day SBR
    you are Lost

  2. #107
    Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-13
    Posts: 13,133
    Betpoints: 10145

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

    Fantasy sports is gambling. What difference does it make.... a player gaining yards and TD's for you to win. Or an entire team covering a line for you? It's the exact same equation. There is no difference.
    there is no difference??

    in sports gambling, you have to beat pointspreads and odds put out by professional oddsmakers. you are at their mercy with .5 pt hooks, teasers, parlays and other enticing sucker bets.

    in DFS, you have data to analyze to predict players performance. you have to beat other people and you're all playing vs one another. the "skill" is in beating your opponent and making sure you're win % is good enough to beat the rake.

    its no different then gambling in the stock market.

  3. #108
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,759
    Betpoints: 21501

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    which is exactly why it can be quite profitable to play there.
    you just have to be discriminating as to where you take action.
    for example, it's better to stay away from multi-entry contests
    if you want to win a sizable bet.
    small leagues and head to heads are better than the 50/50s.
    it's ok to toss some light $ on the longshot tournaments, but
    if you can pick lineups better than most of the clientele, the
    small leagues and H2H offer fast money, there is no doubt.
    sharks and pro math guys are only on the featured, multi-entry
    tournaments. I would not be surprised at all if multi-entry becomes
    more limited or is eliminated in coming months.
    You're starting to see a lot more single entry only leagues now.

  4. #109
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,579
    Betpoints: 1093

    You give yourself away if you play fantasy

  5. #110
    Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-13
    Posts: 13,133
    Betpoints: 10145

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    which is exactly why it can be quite profitable to play there.
    you just have to be discriminating as to where you take action.
    for example, it's better to stay away from multi-entry contests
    if you want to win a sizable bet.
    small leagues and head to heads are better than the 50/50s.
    it's ok to toss some light $ on the longshot tournaments, but
    if you can pick lineups better than most of the clientele, the
    small leagues and H2H offer fast money, there is no doubt.
    sharks and pro math guys are only on the featured, multi-entry
    tournaments. I would not be surprised at all if multi-entry becomes
    more limited or is eliminated in coming months.
    if multi entry is elimintaed these sites would make no money. the guys putting in hundreds of lineups is what makes the million dollar prize pools possible - thus enticing suckers into playing their one lotto ticket.

    i personally stick to 50/50's and double ups; and i'll play a very small % of my action that day on GPP's.
    head to heads are tricky because you really need to know who you are playing against. for as many suckers that there are out there, you have plenty of sharp players. hardly do H2H unless im on a heater and feeling good.

  6. #111
    unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-08
    Posts: 26,834

    Quote Originally Posted by MoeSedway View Post
    I shouldn't be allowed to play daily fantasy because you don't enjoy their commercials? Come on now.
    Just saying

  7. #112
    MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-01-09
    Posts: 13,258
    Betpoints: 12

    Won $750 off of a 3 dollar MTT in college football....loaded up on Memphis and Tulsa

    So much dead money in these big tournies....yeah there are sharks as well but I've been cashing pretty consistently and hit a few decent payouts so far

    Probably will enter a bunch of NFL ones tomorrow

  8. #113
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,759
    Betpoints: 21501

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Won $750 off of a 3 dollar MTT in college football....loaded up on Memphis and Tulsa

    So much dead money in these big tournies....yeah there are sharks as well but I've been cashing pretty consistently and hit a few decent payouts so far

    Probably will enter a bunch of NFL ones tomorrow
    Picking the right tight end is key in weekly college.
    You usually have to spend up, but you have to.

  9. #114
    MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-01-09
    Posts: 13,258
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Picking the right tight end is key in weekly college.
    You usually have to spend up, but you have to.
    True for FanDuel but this was on DraftKings (No TE)

    Over/Unders are obviously the major key for College to start your lineup

  10. #115
    Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-14-12
    Posts: 10,158
    Betpoints: 193

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You give yourself away if you play fantasy
    Points Awarded:

    Tommy Karate gave Itsamazing777 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Tommy Karate

  11. #116
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 29,442

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You're starting to see a lot more single entry only leagues now.
    that's what we want.
    and Tommy Karate don't say the industry NEEDS multi-entry, it doesn't.. if ME is a thorn
    in their side, they will be better off without it.. this industry is growing.

  12. #117
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,759
    Betpoints: 21501

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    that's what we want.
    and Tommy Karate don't say the industry NEEDS multi-entry, it doesn't.. if ME is a thorn
    in their side, they will be better off without it.. this industry is growing.
    I'm only playing in single entries now.
    I don't like "Trust Fund Johnny" coming into a MTT with 400 dollars and stacking 200 entries.
    Fuk that, my entry against most other single entries is usually the better entry.
    Not stroking my own rooster, I put in the legwork, anybody can stack all 7 Houston Astros over at DraftKings, show me what you got in a no more than 4 player stacks in a single entry tourney, if you can beat me like that, God Bless you, good job.

    p.s. couple of sleepers for you tomorrow.
    Christine Michael, Michael Floyd and Willie Snead.
    (really love the Floyd play)

  13. #118
    Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-31-09
    Posts: 5,622

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Picking the right tight end is key in weekly college.
    You usually have to spend up, but you have to.
    Good point and on DraftKings the TE's are dirt cheap. Take Rodney Mills from UMass, guy is like 3400 but is a big part of their offense and what they do. So you can find some good savings at the TE spot on DraftKings. Austin Hooper from Stanford other guy I like to target on Kings to save some salary

  14. #119
    KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-04-11
    Posts: 8,167
    Betpoints: 7035

    Brian hoyer and Danny woodcock big days also
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I'm only playing in single entries now.
    I don't like "Trust Fund Johnny" coming into a MTT with 400 dollars and stacking 200 entries.
    Fuk that, my entry against most other single entries is usually the better entry.
    Not stroking my own rooster, I put in the legwork, anybody can stack all 7 Houston Astros over at DraftKings, show me what you got in a no more than 4 player stacks in a single entry tourney, if you can beat me like that, God Bless you, good job.

    p.s. couple of sleepers for you tomorrow.
    Christine Michael, Michael Floyd and Willie Snead.
    (really love the Floyd play)

  15. #120
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 29,442

    my lineups are in.
    i will post them here cuz its just us.

    QB Philip Rivers
    RB Adrian Peterson
    RB Todd Gurley
    WR T.Y. Hilton
    WR Amari Cooper
    WR Kendall Wright
    TE Greg Olsen
    K Jason Myers
    D Titans (Atlanta is beat up)

    1pm only
    QB Andrew Luck
    RB Adrian Peterson
    RB Christopher Ivory
    WR T.Y. Hilton
    WR Jarvis Landry
    WR Kendall Wright
    TE Benjamin Watson
    K Travis Coons
    D Titans

  16. #121
    Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-13
    Posts: 13,133
    Betpoints: 10145

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    that's what we want.
    and Tommy Karate don't say the industry NEEDS multi-entry, it doesn't.. if ME is a thorn
    in their side, they will be better off without it.. this industry is growing.
    the industry is growing because of the amateurs being enticed by the commercials with the huge prize pools.
    those huge prize pools will not exist without multi entry - thus you will have a lot less amateurs signing up.

    i am not a multi entry player, so dont think im coming from that side of the argument. i feel pretty strongly the industry will stop growing if they go to single entry tournaments.

  17. #122
    Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-15-11
    Posts: 5,742
    Betpoints: 2604

    Love having the chance at a million, but not going to happen.

  18. #123
    MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-01-09
    Posts: 13,258
    Betpoints: 12

    Made some money in college foots and NHL today in MTTs....People that bitch about others being able to play DFS are ridiculous

    This is like online poker boom again....Donks= Money if you have a clue or Atleast put in some work

  19. #124
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-28-10
    Posts: 31,280
    Betpoints: 797

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    my lineups are in.
    i will post them here cuz its just us.

    QB Philip Rivers
    RB Adrian Peterson
    RB Todd Gurley
    WR T.Y. Hilton
    WR Amari Cooper
    WR Kendall Wright
    TE Greg Olsen
    K Jason Myers
    D Titans (Atlanta is beat up)

    1pm only
    QB Andrew Luck
    RB Adrian Peterson
    RB Christopher Ivory
    WR T.Y. Hilton
    WR Jarvis Landry
    WR Kendall Wright
    TE Benjamin Watson
    K Travis Coons
    D Titans
    These are mine

    Morning

    QB Matthew Stafford
    RB Le'Veon Bell
    RB Chris Ivory
    WR Mike Evans
    WR Lance Moore
    WR Willie Snead
    TE Gary Barnidge
    FLEX Devonta Freeman
    DST Steelers

    Weekly and Head to Head

    QB Carson Palmer
    RB Justin Forsett
    RB Chris Ivory
    WR Larry Fitzgerald
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR Willie Snead
    TE Heath Miller
    FLEX Marshawn Lynch
    DST Rams

First 1234
Top