1. #1
    frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-25-12
    Posts: 5,792
    Betpoints: 5421

    Georgia State +8.5 over Baylor

    Georgia State will have the 2 best players on the floor in this game, as long as Ryan Harrow is healthy. Harrow was out for Georgia State's game yesterday and the offense struggled, but with him they are a legit offense.

    Baylor runs a 2-3 zone and Georgia State has the point guard to find the open men to exploit that. R.J. Hunter is another playmaker, and Kevin Ware is capable of doing his part. I'd pick the Georgia State money line if GSU was a bit better at shooting 3s.

    Also what worries me is rebounding, Baylor is a monster on the offensive glass, and Georgia State was last in its conference in defensive rebounding. But I think Georgia State is playing close enough to home and has enough weapons to keep it within 8.

  2. #2
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,253
    Betpoints: 14

    when is the game?

    is this NIT or the real March Madness tourny?

  3. #3
    THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-12-13
    Posts: 12,640
    Betpoints: 2280

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    when is the game?

    is this NIT or the real March Madness tourny?
    Youre so fukking dumb its painful.

  4. #4
    crbravens23
    crbravens23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-13
    Posts: 268
    Betpoints: 1898


  5. #5
    leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-10
    Posts: 34,841
    Betpoints: 2140

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    when is the game?

    is this NIT or the real March Madness tourny?

  6. #6
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,035
    Betpoints: 989

    They scored 38 in their conf champ game...

    #3 seeds beat #14 seeds on avg by 11 pts, winning ATS 57% of the time...

    Food for thought.

  7. #7
    frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-25-12
    Posts: 5,792
    Betpoints: 5421

    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    They scored 38 in their conf champ game...

    #3 seeds beat #14 seeds on avg by 11 pts, winning ATS 57% of the time...

    Food for thought.
    They were missing their best player and played against a Georgia Southern team that was using all 35 seconds of the shot clock the whole game. I think all the other 3 vs. 14 games are mismatches, but not this one. Georgia State is a completely different team with Ryan Harrow on the floor

  8. #8
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,035
    Betpoints: 989

    Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    They were missing their best player and played against a Georgia Southern team that was using all 35 seconds of the shot clock the whole game. I think all the other 3 vs. 14 games are mismatches, but not this one. Georgia State is a completely different team with Ryan Harrow on the floor
    good point

  9. #9
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 331

    I would agree, best chance for a 3/14 upset

  10. #10
    KD Esq.
    KD Esq.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-26-15
    Posts: 127
    Betpoints: 1186

    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    They scored 38 in their conf champ game...

    #3 seeds beat #14 seeds on avg by 11 pts, winning ATS 57% of the time...

    Food for thought.
    Where do you find such stats?

  11. #11
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6355

    Bad matchup for State.

  12. #12
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 30,025
    Betpoints: 3828

    Baylor is going to rape that team. 10+ no problem.

  13. #13
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    I would take points

    Tough to smash teams in ncaa tourney

    pressure

  14. #14
    RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-12
    Posts: 17,377
    Betpoints: 18710

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Bad matchup for State.
    Explain

  15. #15
    frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-25-12
    Posts: 5,792
    Betpoints: 5421

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Baylor is going to rape that team. 10+ no problem.
    It might happen, but I can't remember a game where a team seeded 13-16 had the two best players on the floor for that game.

    Yeah, every now and then you get a team in the 13-16 range who has the best player, like St. Bonaventure in 2012 against Florida State when they had Andrew Nicholson, or Kyle O'Quinn for Norfolk State the same year vs. Missouri. But the best 2 players? Plus Georgia State has a good #3 named Kevin Ware.

    In fact, let's list all those games the past 10 years where the best player on the floor played for the team seeded 13-16:

    2012 St. Bonaventure & Andrew Nicholson vs. Florida State, lost by 3
    2012 Norfolk State & Kyle O'Quinn vs. Missouri, won
    2011 Morehead State & Kenneth Faried vs. Louisville, won
    2007 Davidson & Stephen Curry vs. Maryland, lost by 7

    All of those games were close... I'll take my chances

    I'd take Harrow and Hunter over anyone on Baylor's team, yes, even Rico Gathers.

  16. #16
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 331

    Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    It might happen, but I can't remember a game where a team seeded 13-16 had the two best players on the floor for that game.

    Yeah, every now and then you get a team in the 13-16 range who has the best player, like St. Bonaventure in 2012 against Florida State when they had Andrew Nicholson, or Kyle O'Quinn for Norfolk State the same year vs. Missouri. But the best 2 players? Plus Georgia State has a good #3 named Kevin Ware.

    In fact, let's list all those games the past 10 years where the best player on the floor played for the team seeded 13-16:

    2012 St. Bonaventure & Andrew Nicholson vs. Florida State, lost by 3
    2012 Norfolk State & Kyle O'Quinn vs. Missouri, won
    2011 Morehead State & Kenneth Faried vs. Louisville, won
    2007 Davidson & Stephen Curry vs. Maryland, lost by 7

    All of those games were close... I'll take my chances

    I'd take Harrow and Hunter over anyone on Baylor's team, yes, even Rico Gathers.

    Was O'Quinn really better?

  17. #17
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6355

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Explain
    Size somewhat, zone. Drew seems to even things out a bit though.

  18. #18
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 30,025
    Betpoints: 3828

    Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    It might happen, but I can't remember a game where a team seeded 13-16 had the two best players on the floor for that game.

    Yeah, every now and then you get a team in the 13-16 range who has the best player, like St. Bonaventure in 2012 against Florida State when they had Andrew Nicholson, or Kyle O'Quinn for Norfolk State the same year vs. Missouri. But the best 2 players? Plus Georgia State has a good #3 named Kevin Ware.

    In fact, let's list all those games the past 10 years where the best player on the floor played for the team seeded 13-16:

    2012 St. Bonaventure & Andrew Nicholson vs. Florida State, lost by 3
    2012 Norfolk State & Kyle O'Quinn vs. Missouri, won
    2011 Morehead State & Kenneth Faried vs. Louisville, won
    2007 Davidson & Stephen Curry vs. Maryland, lost by 7

    All of those games were close... I'll take my chances

    I'd take Harrow and Hunter over anyone on Baylor's team, yes, even Rico Gathers.

    historicals and seeds don't matter. Baylor vs. Georgia State is all that matters.

  19. #19
    KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-11-14
    Posts: 12,855
    Betpoints: 20490

    I agree for the most part. Baylor is a very weak #3 seed. They very much deserve the seeding they got because they had a great season, but they over-achieved. We slowly started seeing Baylor regress the last couple weeks of the season.

  20. #20
    frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-25-12
    Posts: 5,792
    Betpoints: 5421

    Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Was O'Quinn really better?
    How many Mizzou players from that year are in the NBA right now?

  21. #21
    KD Esq.
    KD Esq.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-26-15
    Posts: 127
    Betpoints: 1186

    Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    How many Mizzou players from that year are in the NBA right now?
    Zero! Kim English and a couple of others are over seas and then Pressey is in the D-leauge.

  22. #22
    sports_monster
    sports_monster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-12
    Posts: 24
    Betpoints: 121

    I sometimes wonder how many of the posters here work for the sports books. I see lots

    of crappy advise here!





    Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Georgia State will have the 2 best players on the floor in this game, as long as Ryan Harrow is healthy. Harrow was out for Georgia State's game yesterday and the offense struggled, but with him they are a legit offense.

    Baylor runs a 2-3 zone and Georgia State has the point guard to find the open men to exploit that. R.J. Hunter is another playmaker, and Kevin Ware is capable of doing his part. I'd pick the Georgia State money line if GSU was a bit better at shooting 3s.

    Also what worries me is rebounding, Baylor is a monster on the offensive glass, and Georgia State was last in its conference in defensive rebounding. But I think Georgia State is playing close enough to home and has enough weapons to keep it within 8.

  23. #23
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 82,189
    Betpoints: 506

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    when is the game?

    is this NIT or the real March Madness tourny?
    Are you retarded?

  24. #24
    krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-13-08
    Posts: 17,605
    Betpoints: 4896

    rico gathers will be the best player on the floor.

  25. #25
    EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 71,662

    Yeah I don't know that I agree about them having the two best players, but teams that can shoot are the ones that can stick with Baylor. Georgia State's big problem IMO is their defense. I'd want double digits minimum to take a shot on this one. Good luck.

  26. #26
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 331

    Phil Pressey was 1st Team All Big 12 that season I believe. Hard to say O'Quinn was much better, if better at all

  27. #27
    frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-25-12
    Posts: 5,792
    Betpoints: 5421

    THEY penetrating DID IT WITHOUT RYAN HARROW

    they penetrating DID IT WITHOUT RYAN HARROW

  28. #28
    packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-22-13
    Posts: 17,637
    Betpoints: 3798

    F@ck sake,cant believe this shit.

  29. #29
    krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-13-08
    Posts: 17,605
    Betpoints: 4896

    Baylor one of the worst meltdowns ever.

  30. #30
    bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-10-14
    Posts: 1,609
    Betpoints: 2477

    Baylor has a tendency to choke, Pretty easy to fade them, Notre Dame as well, keep fading they will be out soon.

  31. #31
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6355

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Size somewhat, zone. Drew seems to even things out a bit though.
    So did Drew even this one out as was very possible he would, who's fault was it that they lost, didn't watch the game.

  32. #32
    Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-12
    Posts: 19,735
    Betpoints: 2261

    people are blaming the coach for this meltdown but i doubt the coach told the players to take it to the hoop being up 3 with less than 35 seconds to go. baylor players ave. iq is probably in the 60s. why not hold on to the ball and get fouled and shoot fts?

    0:31 Baylor Timeout
    0:25 53-56 Rico Gathers missed Layup.
    0:25 53-56 Taurean Prince Offensive Rebound.
    0:20 53-56 Taurean Prince Turnover.
    0:20 Isaiah Dennis Steal. 53-56
    0:20 53-56 Foul on Taurean Prince.
    0:20 Isaiah Dennis made Free Throw. 54-56
    0:20 Isaiah Dennis missed Free Throw. 54-56
    0:20 54-56 Taurean Prince Defensive Rebound.
    0:15 Foul on Isaiah Dennis. 54-56
    0:15 54-56 Kenny Chery missed Free Throw.
    0:15 T.J. Shipes Defensive Rebound. 54-56
    0:03 R.J. Hunter made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by T.J. Shipes. 57-56
    0:03 Baylor Timeout
    0:01 57-56 Taurean Prince missed Three Point Jumper.
    0:01 Georgia St Defensive Rebound. 57-56
    0:00 End of Game

  33. #33
    MiAMiEDDY
    MiAMiEDDY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-14-11
    Posts: 277
    Betpoints: 1499

    nice pick

  34. #34
    a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-29-10
    Posts: 8,147
    Betpoints: 35459

    Uncle Saul wins one, finally

  35. #35
    actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-16-10
    Posts: 3,045
    Betpoints: 16799

    Yay pokemon

Top