1. #1
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 21,480
    Betpoints: 233

    Larry Brown could be the greatest basketball coach of all time...

    No matter where he goes, the man just wins.

    NBA champ.

    College champ.

    74 years old and still kicking ass.

    You've got to love the guy.

  2. #2
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 331

    yep, legit Final Four threat this season

  3. #3
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 21,480
    Betpoints: 233

    A little early to say that. They could face Kentucky in the round of 16.

  4. #4
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,035
    Betpoints: 989

    100/1 on SMU

  5. #5
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 21,480
    Betpoints: 233

    Looks like they got a first-round bye playing UCLA.

  6. #6
    BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-26-11
    Posts: 17,190
    Betpoints: 2158

    This is a bad post. Guy finally makes a tournament. Unreal.

  7. #7
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 21,480
    Betpoints: 233

    Open your eyes, squinty.

    Larry is a legend.

  8. #8
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    They got screwed in bracket

    Do not forget they would of been best team in NCAA this year if they did not lose a guy that went and played pro ball overseas

  9. #9
    Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-01-08
    Posts: 35,936
    Betpoints: 14740

    Always liked him Giant. Not in a sexual way mind u.

  10. #10
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 21,480
    Betpoints: 233

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They got screwed in bracket

    Do not forget they would of been best team in NCAA this year if they did not lose a guy that went and played pro ball overseas
    I had no idea about that.

    JJ, I'm not joking around when I say this, I'm impressed with your college basketball knowledge. You truly are an educator in the world of sports gambling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Always liked him Giant. Not in a sexual way mind u.
    I know you don't find him sexually attractive, BG. You've always said Bobby Knight was your dream man.

  11. #11
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 82,189
    Betpoints: 542

    He is the anti-Calipari.

  12. #12
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,132
    Betpoints: 2500

    Yep no coincidence he has was inducted to basketball hall of fame and had multiple champions

  13. #13
    EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 71,662

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No matter where he goes, the man just cheats.
    .
    Yep.

  14. #14
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,681
    Betpoints: 23701

    Ummmm I kinda hate what happened when Larry left Detroit. Seemed like.... he doesn't stay for the long haul. He reminds me a lot like Urban Meyer.

    So... I can't praise Larry... When the dominoes start to fall. He bails.

  15. #15
    Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-09-08
    Posts: 22,285
    Betpoints: 22125

    never saw a coach in my life that has so many people fooled. Does he still double the ball handler? His only play on defense? Another one of those good ole boys who get help everywhere he goes. The best was when he won the nba championship in Detroit when down the stretch they gave him Rasheed Wallace for nothing. Kinda like when the corrupt NBA gave the Lakers Paul Gasol for nothing and they won the championship. Did nothing for Pacers. Destroyed the Sixers with awful drafts and ran Charlotte right into the ground and thank goodness Michael had the sense to get rid of him. The architect of the great 2003 draft where he took Darko Milicic with the 2nd pick and passed on Wade Carmelo and Bosh. Completely ruining Detroit. His classic 1998 blunder of taken Larry Hughes instead of Dirk or Pierce would go down as one of the all time worst if it wasn't for his 2003 blunder. Only people who hire him are desperate people. The guys demands might be the most greedy of the greediest. You give this pig full control of everything ur team is finished.

  16. #16
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,190
    Betpoints: 10

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I had no idea about that.

    JJ, I'm not joking around when I say this, I'm impressed with your college basketball knowledge. You truly are an educator in the world of sports gambling.



    I know you don't find him sexually attractive, BG. You've always said Bobby Knight was your dream man.
    SMU would of went like 36-2 this year with full team

    Brown a genius

  17. #17
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 30,660
    Betpoints: 759

    Did a great job keeping the Dallas talent at home. Just think how great they would have been, if they could have convinced Mudiay to stay. Unfortunately, I don't see them getting past the 2nd round. Iowa State is just plain hot right now.

  18. #18
    Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-01-08
    Posts: 35,936
    Betpoints: 14740

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I had no idea about that.

    JJ, I'm not joking around when I say this, I'm impressed with your college basketball knowledge. You truly are an educator in the world of sports gambling.



    I know you don't find him sexually attractive, BG. You've always said Bobby Knight was your dream man.
    Yes, I'm a sucker for his anger.

  19. #19
    oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-18-09
    Posts: 2,984
    Betpoints: 12049

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    never saw a coach in my life that has so many people fooled. Does he still double the ball handler? His only play on defense? Another one of those good ole boys who get help everywhere he goes. The best was when he won the nba championship in Detroit when down the stretch they gave him Rasheed Wallace for nothing. Kinda like when the corrupt NBA gave the Lakers Paul Gasol for nothing and they won the championship. Did nothing for Pacers. Destroyed the Sixers with awful drafts and ran Charlotte right into the ground and thank goodness Michael had the sense to get rid of him. The architect of the great 2003 draft where he took Darko Milicic with the 2nd pick and passed on Wade Carmelo and Bosh. Completely ruining Detroit. His classic 1998 blunder of taken Larry Hughes instead of Dirk or Pierce would go down as one of the all time worst if it wasn't for his 2003 blunder. Only people who hire him are desperate people. The guys demands might be the most greedy of the greediest. You give this pig full control of everything ur team is finished.
    Never knew LB was coach/gm of the Pistons??? I always thought it was Joe Dumars who btw won NBA Excutive of the year in 2003 the year in question hahahaha you can't make this stuff up......

  20. #20
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6355

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    never saw a coach in my life that has so many people fooled. Does he still double the ball handler? His only play on defense? Another one of those good ole boys who get help everywhere he goes. The best was when he won the nba championship in Detroit when down the stretch they gave him Rasheed Wallace for nothing. Kinda like when the corrupt NBA gave the Lakers Paul Gasol for nothing and they won the championship. Did nothing for Pacers. Destroyed the Sixers with awful drafts and ran Charlotte right into the ground and thank goodness Michael had the sense to get rid of him. The architect of the great 2003 draft where he took Darko Milicic with the 2nd pick and passed on Wade Carmelo and Bosh. Completely ruining Detroit. His classic 1998 blunder of taken Larry Hughes instead of Dirk or Pierce would go down as one of the all time worst if it wasn't for his 2003 blunder. Only people who hire him are desperate people. The guys demands might be the most greedy of the greediest. You give this pig full control of everything ur team is finished.
    Obviously trolling.

  21. #21
    Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-09-08
    Posts: 22,285
    Betpoints: 22125

    Quote Originally Posted by oChRoNiCo View Post
    Never knew LB was coach/gm of the Pistons??? I always thought it was Joe Dumars who btw won NBA Excutive of the year in 2003 the year in question hahahaha you can't make this stuff up......
    If u knew anything about Brown he gets full controll everywhere he goes. The draft picks i listed are fact. People here begged him to take pierce. His own GM wanted Dirk. Nah man he was gonna show everyone he is smarter then them. If the leagues want certain coaches to win they will help them along the way. The year the Sixers made it to the finals players on other teams throughout the playoffs were calling bullshit to some of the games and saying how the league wants Philly in the finals. Ray Allen for one.

  22. #22
    Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-09-08
    Posts: 22,285
    Betpoints: 22125

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Obviously trolling.
    of course u look at the paper the next day and have no clue how things happen. Just write down win or loss.

  23. #23
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,035
    Betpoints: 989

    20/1 odds to make final four could be attractive...

  24. #24
    EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 71,662

    LoL SMU. Great coach.

  25. #25
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 21,480
    Betpoints: 233


  26. #26
    Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-09-08
    Posts: 22,285
    Betpoints: 22125

    Bye Larry. Now i don't have to hear everyone kissing your ass the rest of the tournament. You got almost every call today and still lost. Listen Larry when it comes to ass kissing in CBB there is not enuf for ya. It is all saved for coach K.

  27. #27
    TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 13,145
    Betpoints: 3608

    He is saving the 5 timeouts for next season. Dumbfck

  28. #28
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 21,480
    Betpoints: 233

    Guys, today's performance doesn't count.

    Larry was under the weather and not feeling his normal self.

    Don't be surprised if they make a march towards the final four next season - or he goes and takes another job somewhere else. Could go either way.

  29. #29
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6355

    Great job Larry, not your fault for silly goaltending. The legend lives on.

Top