DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

Needing only a scoreless game to advance, up a man to boot and Chelsea couldn't get it done; they deserve to lose.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Ryder's got a ton of talent. I recognized this long ago. Some, like that one guy, would rather be right than win. Guy will not check back in her I'm sure

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Your fukkin retarded ass is back?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    Your fukkin retarded ass is back?

I was also wondering where he was

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    they only played 90 min in SPG and 120 in Chelsea seems unfair to chelsea
    Unfair to Chelsea? That extra time came at home with them up a man. If they were worth a shit it wouldn't have come to extra time. I had them in regulation but PSG deserved to advance. Game totals, with Chelsea up a man for 89 minutes:

Shots/Shots on Goal
    Chelsea 13/5
    PSG 12/6

Play not to lose...

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Unfair to Chelsea? That extra time came at home with them up a man. If they were worth a shit it wouldn't have come to extra time. I had them in regulation but PSG deserved to advance. Game totals, with Chelsea up a man for 89 minutes:

Shots/Shots on Goal
    Chelsea 13/5
    PSG 12/6

Play not to lose...
    Well for one game, but overall, the rule is odd. They should go to penalties.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    YTD W170-L149 +22.52u

PSG Advances +205

Less words more action men

Gotta take precaution this one could go to pens

didn't want to jinx you but was on the same thing. Thought we were done after the red card but still loved how we played.

Great game. Chelsea never deserved that game.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Well for one game, but overall, the rule is odd. They should go to penalties.
    They would have, if the road goals were even. PSG scoring in extra time meant Chelsea needed to win outright. Me personally, I'd rather they go back to the golden goal rule (without pks). Play until someone scores. No penalty kicks, no parking the bus and hoping to get lucky. Imo.

canadabetting
    canadabetting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

the whole aggregate doesn't make sense to me....its not 1-1 going back to the other team home stadium, its 0-1 because you HAVE to score a goal to tie it up. Which in reality makes it completely unfair because its a totally different game. Ibrahimovic shouldn't get a red because he didnt get a red in the 1st game. PSG didnt play down 10 men the first game... its complete crap

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by canadabetting View Post
    the whole aggregate doesn't make sense to me....its not 1-1 going back to the other team home stadium, its 0-1 because you HAVE to score a goal to tie it up. Which in reality makes it completely unfair because its a totally different game. Ibrahimovic shouldn't get a red because he didnt get a red in the 1st game. PSG didnt play down 10 men the first game... its complete crap
    Stick to hockey

canadabetting

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Stick to hockey

I'm just saying... just because my fans are louder than your fans, doesn't mean you should have to score more away goals than i did....your pitch should be the same as mine... nothing else

canadabetting

i played hockey... and we played an aggregate series... we lost 5-4 on the road in the first game.... ok, so now we know we are down 1-0...so to win the series we have to win 0-2 or to tie 0-1. home advantage should only aid you in boosting morale, nothing more
    Last edited by canadabetting; 03-12-15 at 09:23 AM.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

You're making this way more complicated than it is. It's a tiebreaker, nothing more nothing less. Chelsea did what they needed to do on the road and got out with a tie. Win at home and it's over. With a huge advantage they still got outplayed and deserved to lose. Period. What's complete crap is settling games with penalty kicks. Might as well flip a coin.

canadabetting

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    You're making this way more complicated than it is. It's a tiebreaker, nothing more nothing less. Chelsea did what they needed to do on the road and got out with a tie. Win at home and it's over. With a huge advantage they still got outplayed and deserved to lose. Period. What's complete crap is settling games with penalty kicks. Might as well flip a coin.

yea but the thing is... since it was still a tied game, PSG moves on cause they scored more goals on the road... which in my opinion shouldn't be.

If you are at home, and you win 1-0 in the first leg, then you should be going on the road to defend the 1-0 lead... Cause if in the 2nd leg the score is 2-1 for the other team, you still win and advance

canadabetting

anyways, sorry i had a couple to many blue moons last night haha

slapshot
    slapshot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23623

The game last night was great but it exposed two massive problems with soccer.

1. Flopping and diving - a ref can obviously fall for that crap but they must have a review panel rectify that shit afterwards for god's sake....5 games suspension for flopping and diving...now!

2. What's up wit away goals...Psg didn't score more goals than Chelsea..over 210 minutes of play...how can they go through....ridiculous.

The problem with soccer is that uefa and fifa are incredibly conservative so they will never get it right..do they even have goal cams in world cup? In champions league they have a monkey ref standing next to the goal post with a magic wand he can wave if the ball crosses the line. That's the single duty he's got...he isn't allowed to contribute on any other play.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
    The game last night was great but it exposed two massive problems with soccer.

1. Flopping and diving - a ref can obviously fall for that crap but they must have a review panel rectify that shit afterwards for god's sake....5 games suspension for flopping and diving...now!

2. What's up wit away goals...Psg didn't score more goals than Chelsea..over 210 minutes of play...how can they go through....ridiculous.

The problem with soccer is that uefa and fifa are incredibly conservative so they will never get it right..do they even have goal cams in world cup? In champions league they have a monkey ref standing next to the goal post with a magic wand he can wave if the ball crosses the line. That's the single duty he's got...he isn't allowed to contribute on any other play.
    The road goal aggregate tiebreaker is the least of soccer's problems. In fact i think it's one of the good rules they have. Everybody knows the rules/tiebreakers going in so play according to them.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

yea but the thing is... since it was still a tied game, PSG moves on cause they scored more goals on the road... which in my opinion shouldn't be.

If you are at home, and you win 1-0 in the first leg, then you should be going on the road to defend the 1-0 lead... Cause if in the 2nd leg the score is 2-1 for the other team, you still win and advance
    Exactly. For the very same reason, more road goals. It's a good thing, it's incentive for the road team (in the opening game) to actually play offense instead of sitting back defending, perfectly happy to settle for 0-0, waiting for the return game at home. Bottom line, Chelsea gave up TWO shorthanded goals, @ home, both times with a lead. No excuses.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
    The problem with FIFA is they are incredibily corrupt, just gotta look at the history of the organization.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 03-12-15 at 12:33 PM.

slapshot
    slapshot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23623

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    The problem with FIFA is they are incredibily corrupt, just gotta look at the history of the organization.
    That they are corrupt is already established...the reason why they won't keep up with technology in our world today they say is because it can't be implemented down to grass root level of the game.

really poor excuse as cl games and wc games are at least tiny bit more important than a pick-up game.

Fifa and uefa find human errors in officiating "a charming" flaw to the game...at least US sports got this part right.

First 1234