Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Want to be a profitable MLB capper? Start playing daily fantasy baseball

My MLB win percentages have gone up drastically since I began playing daily fantasy baseball religiously.

I build several rosters daily and, in doing so, analyze every stat that I can get my hands on. This has brought my MLB win percentages to heights that I've never reached before. Building teams each day taps you into the ebb and flow of the players. You reach a point where you can tell which players are going to have good nights and then obviously pull them all together to see which teams have the most players that you've deduced will come up big.

Combine the in depth knowledge that you gain over time building fantasy teams which your own separate research into bullpens and you'll become a winning MLB capper.

This has been my experience anyway. For me, this works with baseball only. I play daily fantasy in every other sport and don't feel as though it helps in capping those sports.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure if you are making your bets based off of total players values as in their Fantasy $ cost or whether or not they are undervalued. I found it hard to do fantasy baseball. Worked 10 bucks into 60-70 lazily through NHL season and its just sitting there.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Cap all u want. Its all luck. Happy you believe in something tho.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Cap all u want. Its all luck. Happy you believe in something tho.
    There is an element of luck of course but it's not ALL luck. You can find spots to bet where knowledge outweighs luck by far.

If team A has a left handed pitcher with a 2.53ERA facing team B that has a lineup full of lefties that collectively have a .200 BA against left handed pitching and a .125 BA against team A's pitcher in particular...it's pretty likely that team isn't going to score many runs.

Then you compare team A's hitters against team B's pitcher and see that several players have a solid history against this pitcher...you get the picture.

Team B's pitcher is generally a beast and the public bets his team hard because of their perception of him as a beast, allowing you to get team A at a good price.

There are spots where all of the stars align, you get a good number, and you hammer that spot. It's all about putting yourself in a position to be able to recognize these spots. That's where studying the numbers (playing daily fantasy) comes into play.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

What's your favorite site to play at?

I played fantasy baseball last year, really enjoyed it. Haven't gotten into it yet this year.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Good luck to you brother. Meant no disrespect.

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What's your favorite site to play at?

I played fantasy baseball last year, really enjoyed it. Haven't gotten into it yet this year.
    I always play at fanduel. The 50/50 tourneys is where I make most of my money, but I love playing GPP too. Actually just placed 4th in one yesterday. Was .75 from winning. Had Justin Upton on my team and he ended up sitting and I didn't realize it. Cost me about a grand in prize money compared to what I ended up winning in 4th.

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Good luck to you brother. Meant no disrespect.
    Thank ya sir

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Definitely helps. Ive been doing fantasy baseball for past 10+ years, and this was the first year I wasn't going to do it, decided to stay, glad I did. Constatnly looking at pitchers and hitters who's hot, who's not, last 14 days, last 7 days, etc etc.

It helps so much..keeps me completely in the loop with individual players

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

What i dont get is how Fan Duel is not considered gambling yet wagering on who is going to win is gambling...

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    What i dont get is how Fan Duel is not considered gambling yet wagering on who is going to win is gambling...
    Exactly. Or how fantasy is legal and poker is not, even though they're both the same blend of luck and skill.

sandachu
    sandachu's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmm

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Great insight!

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Great insight!
    dude fukking stop, is this supposed to be funny?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I guess you can make a case for this because you keep on top of the game you know who's Injured And you know who's hot

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

I find more often then not that it is important to stay on top of that stuff but sometimes getting to deep into stats for me anyways doesn't always work out

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    There is an element of luck of course but it's not ALL luck. You can find spots to bet where knowledge outweighs luck by far.

If team A has a left handed pitcher with a 2.53ERA facing team B that has a lineup full of lefties that collectively have a .200 BA against left handed pitching and a .125 BA against team A's pitcher in particular...it's pretty likely that team isn't going to score many runs.

Then you compare team A's hitters against team B's pitcher and see that several players have a solid history against this pitcher...you get the picture.

Team B's pitcher is generally a beast and the public bets his team hard because of their perception of him as a beast, allowing you to get team A at a good price.

There are spots where all of the stars align, you get a good number, and you hammer that spot. It's all about putting yourself in a position to be able to recognize these spots. That's where studying the numbers (playing daily fantasy) comes into play.
    this is pretty good in general but keep in mind the current form of that pitcher with that low era and look at the peripheral stats if hes leaving lots of runners on base, walking more or less and striking out more or less batters etc

good example is james shields after the trade- he was bombed the first few starts back in the AL so his era was double figures even after he settled down game by game these last few starts allowing virtually nothing
    ervin santana too

no doubt fantasy focused players can earn advantages that models cant... i mean theres stretches that detroit will be expected to have 4.89 runs on rotogrinders but they put up 10,9,11,8 then down days they score 1,1,0,3,2 despite projections over 4

to me if someone's model is projecting decimals similar to what implied runs scored there will never be an advantage- youve just figured out how they made their line -not how to beat it...analyzing current form and team matchups will far outperform the model being just tenths apart from the implied run totals every day
    just my .02

ATLIEN6
    ATLIEN6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

You should do us all a favor and start posting some winners then.