1. #1
    Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 12,183
    Betpoints: 14754

    Got limited to $400 at SuperBook NJ

    Tried betting the total in tonight’s UFC Fight Night main event. Highest that SuperBook NJ accepted was $400. Seems pretty low for a televised main event.

    First time I was limited in making a bet there. I was delayed once putting in an NFL total last season but that was fully accepted.

    FWIW, $500 was accepted on an undercard side.

    Anyone else with experiences to share?

  2. #2
    Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 12,183
    Betpoints: 14754

    Just added another $100 to the same bet and that got accepted today. Didn’t try for any more but that’s good enough really. Maybe the limit has gone up since it’s now the day of the fight.

    Will see how it goes from here in the future.

  3. #3
    Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-09
    Posts: 4,043
    Betpoints: 7236

    It weird. Limited sometimes, other times no. When yes, is around 150$. This pattern tends to start before you get fully limited at a sportsbook.

    Superbook is good for NHL in my experience, and MLB sides. Otherwise, isn't that special.

    Betting NHL sides and totals night before the games.

  4. #4
    Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 12,183
    Betpoints: 14754

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    It weird. Limited sometimes, other times no. When yes, is around 150$. This pattern tends to start before you get fully limited at a sportsbook.

    Superbook is good for NHL in my experience, and MLB sides. Otherwise, isn't that special.

    Betting NHL sides and totals night before the games.
    Have not bet bases or hockey in a while but will keep this in mind.

    Tried a second half NFL side today for $500 and after an 8-9 second delay, it was accepted. Would not think $500 is all that high - even for a second half play. But still got a 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 before going through.

  5. #5
    Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-09
    Posts: 4,043
    Betpoints: 7236

    Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Have not bet bases or hockey in a while but will keep this in mind.

    Tried a second half NFL side today for $500 and after an 8-9 second delay, it was accepted. Would not think $500 is all that high - even for a second half play. But still got a 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 before going through.
    Despite their name and reputation, I have not found them to be more professional than DK or FD. Almost all the other sites, over the summer, were willing to take my WNBA bets of several hundred dollars. Superbook was interested in $100 max. Same with international baseball.

  6. #6
    Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 12,183
    Betpoints: 14754

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Despite their name and reputation, I have not found them to be more professional than DK or FD. Almost all the other sites, over the summer, were willing to take my WNBA bets of several hundred dollars. Superbook was interested in $100 max. Same with international baseball.
    Too bad that’s the case. You’re right that the rapport in Vegas is huge for them. Wonder why the rest of it is not run better. Have not seen them applying in MA to be an app so maybe they are phasing down already.

  7. #7
    Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 12,183
    Betpoints: 14754

    Wagered $500 on the under in last nights Bucs-Cowboys. Was accepted without any delay or limit. Cashed by a half point so will that make me too “sharp” again? Lol will see.

  8. #8
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 40,178
    Betpoints: 11769

    Some of these shops should just close

  9. #9
    Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 12,183
    Betpoints: 14754

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Some of these shops should just close
    With the amounts it costs in licensing, taxes, marketing, and other overhead you would think some will not make it. Would expect better with Superbook’s reputation in Vegas, but the app betting in other states is clearly run differently.

  10. #10
    Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-09
    Posts: 4,043
    Betpoints: 7236

    Its disappointing for sure. I was so excited to deposit there last summer, and so bummed when my first attempted bet on Japanese baseball came back as "Yea, No thanks, but we'll let you bet $50". One of the most disappointing things in my legal sports betting career. More disappointing than being limited at betmgm, because I knew that was going to happen eventually.

    I said to myself "Damn superbook, I thought you was better than that"

Top