stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator

OVER 222.1 Bos - Indy

Two reasons.

Indy plays at that hyper rate, and the Celtics are a very good three-point shooting team.

OVER 221.5 tonight.
    (also looking at the three point prop bets too).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

Keith Richard
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR MVP

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Two reasons.

Indy plays at that hyper rate, and the Celtics are a very good three-point shooting team.

OVER 221.5 tonight.
    Agree but I like the over 1H a bit better.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

Over and Celtics -9.5

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

Total does look a few buckets short but the Pacers shot the lights out their last outing so hopefully they don't have some major regression tonight.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR Aristocracy

I'm riding Pacers first half plus ML. Hopefully they stay hot and feel disrespected as no one is giving them a chance. I think they steal one game on the road and they have been money at home. They haven't lost at home in a couple of months.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR MVP

I fail to see the reasoning why Indy backers don’t believe the Celtics can actually play both ends of the court. Basketball not being my sport I’ll shut my mouth now and bid you all GL.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm riding Pacers first half plus ML. Hopefully they stay hot and feel disrespected as no one is giving them a chance. I think they steal one game on the road and they have been money at home. They haven't lost at home in a couple of months.
    I like Nashy's play. I like it, Mac, Pacers can stay hot.

They are playing so solid right now. Hard to imagine them taking down the Celts, tho.

ChuckyTheGoat

Did the Pacers know there's a game tonite? 12-0.

ChuckyTheGoat

OK, this Pacer team is pretty crazy. The offensive skill is a given.

Not a great defensive team, but they're long. I expect McConnell to give more MIN this series.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Mac, that's a pretty good Push on that bet. Consider that they were down 12-0 to start.

Eddy Munny

It'll be interesting to see how oddsmakers set the total for game two because they typically don't like to deviate too dramatically from their original lines but they were way off tonight. If they hang another punching bag number they'll get taken to the cleaners again.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR Aristocracy

Refs been keeping Boston in this game. Horribly one sided. 21 free throws for Boston. 2 for Indianapolis.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how oddsmakers set the total for game two because they typically don't like to deviate too dramatically from their original lines but they were way off tonight. If they hang another punching bag number they'll get taken to the cleaners again.
    I actually gave thought to this 10 minutes ago.

Total closed at 223 flat tonight: I'm expecting an uptick to 224 for Game Two.

This should be an 'over' series, Game Two I think will be an 'under' though.

Keith Richard
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR MVP

I actually gave thought to this 10 minutes ago.

Total closed at 223 flat tonight: I'm expecting an uptick to 224 for Game Two.

This should be an 'over' series, Game Two I think will be an 'under' though.
    This was the game to take advantage of if you liked the over before they adjust. Game 2 like you say might be a different story and maybe lean towards the under.

ChuckyTheGoat

Nice hit, Nash. Flies over.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Nice hit, Nash. Flies over.
    Thanks.
    Haven't had a rocking chair cash like that in about two months.

Game 2 opener:
    Boston -9.5
    Total 224.5

mcmc
    mcmc's Avatar SBR Wise Guy

Two reasons.

OVER 221.5 tonight.
    Nice Handicapping Nasher!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

Pacers just lost their chance to win this series because their coach didn't call a timeout with 10 seconds left to make sure the ball gets in to a speedy guard to knock down some free throws

are you KIDDING ME???

this is why teams from Indiana can almost never get over the biggest hills on the way to a championship

if I was a Pacers fan I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Pacers just lost their chance to win this series because their coach didn't call a timeout with 10 seconds left to make sure the ball gets in to a speedy guard to knock down some free throws

are you KIDDING ME???

this is why teams from Indiana can almost never get over the biggest hills on the way to a championship

if I was a Pacers fan I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight
    Absolutely stunning a veteran coach would make that mistake, and then not fouling up 3? And the TO allows you to advance to half-court as well instead of the sideline entry pass. At least he admitted he screwed up in the post game. I hate seeing these bonehead coaches mess up, then the ESPN headline the next morning is "so and so defends decision to...."

At least he owned it, but incredible none the less.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Absolutely stunning a veteran coach would make that mistake, and then not fouling up 3? And the TO allows you to advance to half-court as well instead of the sideline entry pass. At least he admitted he screwed up in the post game. I hate seeing these bonehead coaches mess up, then the ESPN headline the next morning is "so and so defends decision to...."

At least he owned it, but incredible none the less.
    Yes. It seemed like the end-game = easy win.

I'm factoring this into my handicapping. Pacers were 96% into the Winners Circle. They gagged Game One and likely botched the series.

I bet Boston (gm2). Largely b/c they're going to be thinking about Gm1. Lose twice?

stevenash

Guy is like "This is what I call Flavor Town"

stevenash

UNDER 224.5 Game Two.

I'm thinking some correction tonight.

Eddy Munny

UNDER 224.5 Game Two.

It still feels like books are giving a little cushion on the total... This seems like a 228-230 a game type of matchup. Maybe the defenses tighten the screws this game a bit and more shots come off the rim... I might pass on this one because I think the first game in Indiana will present a strong over play if tonight's stays under.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

UNDER 224.5 Game Two.

C's win this one with no sweat. Pacers game 7 (Sun) on road shoot 55%, travel to Bos and play lights out again (Tue). No way they replicate that performance 3 times in 5 days.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

UNDER 224.5 Game Two.

Got a stat for you, Nash:
    *Pacers are an excellent Ast/TO team. 2.39.

Pacers actually have two players in the top10 in that category. Haliburton + McConnell are both > 3.60.

stevenash

Ast/TO ratio is the purest metric there is to gauge how good a guard handles the ball.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

stevenash

Total bet up to 225 now.
    If you believe VSiN's numbers, there's a shit ton of OVER money bet so far.
    If you believe their numbers.

Eddy Munny

Books getting beat up again with the short number on the total... Softball city.

The only thing that might suppress the scoring in the next game is the status of Haliburton, but even given that I'm not inclined to touch the Under in this series.

stevenash

It's been my contention all along that this is going to be an 'over' series, and that if there's an under last night was going to be it.

Not so.

This ECF reminds me of the 2007 World Series.

Eddy Munny

It's been my contention all along that this is going to be an 'over' series, and that if there's an under last night was going to be it.

Not so.

This ECF reminds me of the 2007 World Series.
    Just take the Under on tonight's game. After a game to get acquainted with one another, these teams should really slow down and settle into more of a grinder than the first game. And really the first game going Over boiled down to an uncharacteristic first half where everyone was on skates and the long ball was raining. The 2nd half appeared to go a lot more like I'd expect going forward.