1. #1
    tbill1
    tbill1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-09
    Posts: 113
    Betpoints: 9033

    Pittsburg -3

    Many years ago Wayne Allan Root had one of the first "touting" shows. His catch phrase for betting lines
    was "if it is obvious, it is obviously wrong" I can't find a better example then tonite's Pittsburg game.
    It will be interesting to see what happens.

  2. #2
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 2,037
    Betpoints: 9111

    Quote Originally Posted by tbill1 View Post
    Many years ago Wayne Allan Root had one of the first "touting" shows. His catch phrase for betting lines
    was "if it is obvious, it is obviously wrong" I can't find a better example then tonite's Pittsburg game.
    It will be interesting to see what happens.
    I'm too tired from playing baccarat overnight, so my head can't think straight.

    I don't get what you are saying.

    Are you saying Pittsburgh being favored by 3 is a bad line and we should be betting on Boston College?

  3. #3
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 2,037
    Betpoints: 9111

    The way I see this game, Boston College is already bowl eligible and they don't care.

    That explains why they got rolled by V Tech at home when V Tech is just horrible in away games.

    Pittsburgh QB sucks and Boston College isn't motivated, so it's no bet since there is no advantage one way or another.

    However, Pittsbrugh beat Louisville at home by this same QB.

  4. #4
    tbill1
    tbill1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-09
    Posts: 113
    Betpoints: 9033

    Your assessment may very well be right, but playing a violent game, and not caring, seems dangerous to the players.

  5. #5
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 17,595
    Betpoints: 3213

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    The way I see this game, Boston College is already bowl eligible and they don't care.

    That explains why they got rolled by V Tech at home when V Tech is just horrible in away games.

    Pittsburgh QB sucks and Boston College isn't motivated, so it's no bet since there is no advantage one way or another.
    However, Pittsbrugh beat Louisville at home by this same QB.
    IMO, BC totally let their guard down against a motivated, pissed off, and angry VT team that was coming off an embarrassing performance where they got bitch-slapped by Louisville the week before! Pitt is one of a handful of teams right now in Division 1-A that is in total disarray. Narduzzi is probably a dead man walking right now. they are another garbage bottom feeding team from the ACC. the Eagles have at least been somewhat competitive and playing very well having won 5 in a row until that hiccup against the hokies!

  6. #6
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 2,037
    Betpoints: 9111

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    IMO, BC totally let their guard down against a motivated, pissed off, and angry VT team that was coming off an embarrassing performance where they got bitch-slapped by Louisville the week before! Pitt is one of a handful of teams right now in Division 1-A that is in total disarray. Narduzzi is probably a dead man walking right now. they are another garbage bottom feeding team from the ACC. the Eagles have at least been somewhat competitive and playing very well having won 5 in a row until that hiccup against the hokies!
    I was thinking pretty much the same and was going to bet on Boston College.

    I will be doing that for sure now. Thanks for confirming what I was thinking.
    Points Awarded:

    Da Manster! gave DJK 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  7. #7
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 2,037
    Betpoints: 9111

    I went onto to DK to make my wager and the line is now Boston College +2.5.

    The bet percentage has now also shifted towards Boston College. I hate it when the public is doing the same shit that I'm thinking.

    I will have to live bet now after seeing how Boston College comes out firing.

  8. #8
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 17,595
    Betpoints: 3213

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    I went onto to DK to make my wager and the line is now Boston College +2.5.

    The bet percentage has now also shifted towards Boston College. I hate it when the public is doing the same shit that I'm thinking.

    I will have to live bet now after seeing how Boston College comes out firing.
    Yup, you should have jumped on it when it was (+3 or +3.5 at some books!)...LOL!...that number was sitting there all week long. However, That's not the public, that's sharp money that moved the line! Having said that, a lot of times both the public and "sharps" are on the same side! But please don't let that influence your decision either way! go with your gut feel and play that side! it's what I've always done! you'd be surprised how many times you will win if you just simply don't overthink it. (as we say quite often on this forum)...do a two team 6 pt teaser with BC (+8.5) and Bengals (+9.5)! you should get a fairly decent price! I got both of those teams at (+7.5) each for +105 earlier in the day when I posted on my picks thread! now that same wager is down to (+EV) money! Don't hesitate brother! Be like a Cobra Kai when it comes to gambling! STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD, NO MERCY!

  9. #9
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 17,595
    Betpoints: 3213

    Aww Shit! line down to BC (+1.5) now! Heavy money coming in on the Eagles! Somebody or Someone knows something!

Top