Pbear03
    Pbear03's Avatar SBR Hustler

Week 1 Picks

I've been a frequent viewer of this form but feel the conversations and discussions are rather weak. I hope to contribute to this forum as much as I can. I do not want to get into name calling or any other trivial content that has nothing to do with the upcoming games.

I will be in Vegas for week 1. I will be at a Stations property.

Rutgers vs Wash st. Over 60.5

UTSA Vs Houston Over 55

UNLV vs U of A over 60

LSU vs Wisconsin LSU ML

SMU vs Baylor Over 75

good luck to all

any input is wanted.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

I like that. "At a Stations property". At any rate, let's see what ou have here.

Rutgers vs Wash st. Over 60.5...Rutgers was held to 17 points or less in 6 out of their last 8 games last season. That plus the fact that the game starts at 7:00 pm PDT (10:00 pm EDT) so when the 2nd half rolls around, it will be near midnight EDT makes going over 60.5 a tall order.

UTSA Vs Houston Over 55...I can see this. It does not take Houston long to score. UTSA is better than most people think.

UNLV vs U of A over 60...RichRod is trying to find a QB for Arizona. UNLV is in the same boat. Pass.

LSU vs Wisconsin LSU ML...Pretty basic here. Do you want to give 4 to 5 points or do you want to give -200 (2/1) on the ML.

SMU vs Baylor Over 75...We all know that Baylor can score tons of points. SU loses most of it's offensive power, and must depend on it's defensive line. 55-17 still does not cover.

GL no matter which way you go.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 08-16-14 at 11:12 AM.

Pbear03
    Pbear03's Avatar SBR Hustler

Good points on the picks I posted.

I like that Rutgers has coach Friedgen as the OC. He will be more aggressive from articles I have read. We all know coach leach and his reputation for pass first offense. The time change is a factor but this team travelled to Fresno last year and played hard into OT.

I am comfortable with the Houston game.

I am wondering about UNLV myself. I remember these two teams last year and the over hit late in the 4th qtr. I think U of A has a solid receiving core. Very deep. I hope a qb emerges but if rich rod had Denker ready last year he can get one of these kids ready too.

I know the Baylor game is high but remember. This team has put Petty up to be a national name. Or at least trying too. They will show case him.

As for LSU. It's just my preference. I do not mind laying -200. That's just me and how I play it. LSU will not lose in my opinion.

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar SBR Wise Guy

Baylor will score close to 50 but, is SMU gonna give you more than 3 touchdowns? I know games come off different to people but, with so many other games going on, I wouldn't waste time on one that you're uncertain of or don't love; such as UNLV game.