Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar SBR MVP

If Bendo is so much bigger than Frankie why didnt he use your strategy and throw him around like a sack of potatoes.....or even better...a frizz-bee

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    If Bendo is so much bigger than Frankie why didnt he use your strategy and throw him around like a sack of potatoes.....or even better...a frizz-bee
    i don't have a strategy... sometimes fighters (not strikers, which is what bendo is) use their size to over-power opponents. rory mac and poirier are more ground guys than they are strikers. they can't stand with smaller but more talented strikers (mills, holloway) so they take them them and use their size + strength advantage.

i'm done, no point in trying to explain simple shit to fools so regularly for all these months

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar SBR Aristocracy

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Doesnt count as what, fool? What are we counting? All it means is I thought he was long to win so I had him in parlays but the line was off so I didn't max it on a straight bet, like I did with Nik Lentz tonight.
    You are still losing money either way. Nunya has tried to explain this to you numerous times...just because you put it in a parlay doesnt suddenly mean you are getting better value.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    You are still losing money either way. Nunya has tried to explain this to you numerous times...just because you put it in a parlay doesnt suddenly mean you are getting better value.
    How do I lose money when 95% of the time those plays hit? I didn't think Bermudez, Okami, or Cerrone deserved to be as big favorites as they were, but that didn't stop me from including them in nearly all my parlays. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DublinMeUp
    DublinMeUp's Avatar SBR Sharp

Gabe its really quite simple, I'm not picking a fight here.. I like parlays myself and I'm definitely guilty of combining bad prices in them, mainly because the degen in me enjoys big parlays way more than SU plays.

Here is a simple example of why you lose money doing this:

Bad SU play:
    Say i offer you $45 every time you guess a coin flip right but you pay me $50 when you're wrong, I'm giving you odds of 1.9 here. This is a bad bet because you lose $250 per 100 tosses (On avg).

Bad Parlay:
    Now lets take 3 coins, I'll give you odds of 1.9 on each and flip them one after another. You will guess the outcome of the three flips ie HHH, HTH etc and if you are correct i will give you $292.95 but again for each time you are wrong you give me $50.

Over 100 of these you will lose $713~. You win 12.5% of the time, I win the rest so:
    (12.5 * $292.95) - (87.5 * $50)
    $3661.875 - $4375 = -$713.125

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by DublinMeUp View Post
    Gabe its really quite simple, I'm not picking a fight here.. I like parlays myself and I'm definitely guilty of combining bad prices in them, mainly because the degen in me enjoys big parlays way more than SU plays.

Bad SU play:
    Say i offer you $45 every time you guess a coin flip right but you pay me $50 when you're wrong, I'm giving you odds of 1.9 here. This is a bad bet because you lose $250 per 100 tosses (On avg).

Bad Parlay:
    Now lets take 3 coins, I'll give you odds of 1.9 on each and flip them one after another. You will guess the outcome of the three flips ie HHH, HTH etc and if you are correct i will give you $292.95 but again for each time you are wrong you give me $50.

Over 100 of these you will lose $713~. You win 12.5% of the time, I win the rest so:
    Your example is completely irrelevant to my situation, because I don't only win 12.5% of the time by including those big juiced plays in parlays, I win more like 95% of the time! If I didn't include Cerrone, Okami, and Bermudez in my parlays, then I would not have made nearly as much. I can't remember the last time a play like that busted a parlay for me besides Ebersole. I'm sure it's happened, but just so rarely ever does, that I don't remember. Oh yeah, Edson Barboza vs Varner. And before that Okami vs Boetsch. And Paul Daley over Jap dude... Point being, those big juiced favs that don't deserve to be so juicy usually end up winning, anyway.

DublinMeUp

12.5% are the odds of guessing three concurrent coin flips correctly, so yes that particular number is not relevant to your parlay. Give me the odds of your parlay and i'll give you the win percentage that is relevant.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

12.5% are the odds of guessing three concurrent coin flips correctly, so yes that particular number is not relevant to your parlay. Give me the odds of your parlay and i'll give you the win percentage that is relevant.
    okami vs roberts isn't a coin-flip, i just don't think okami shoulda been -600

here's a parlay that hit: holloway-bendo-okami-cerrone-bermudez-lentz

i even believed lentz was over-valued at -400, but i knew he was a sure thing, so i had no problem maxing him out on a straight play, and including him with every other fighter i wanted to bet on, just to raise the return $.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar SBR MVP

okami vs roberts isn't a coin-flip, i just don't think okami shoulda been -600

here's a parlay that hit: holloway-bendo-okami-cerrone-bermudez-lentz

i even believed lentz was over-valued at -400, but i knew he was a sure thing, so i had no problem maxing him out on a straight play, and including him with every other fighter i wanted to bet on, just to raise the return $.
    See...this doesn't make any sense in any way shape or form.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar SBR MVP

Gabers, these guys are just gonna try to confuse you with their hoodoo voodoo math and statistics mumbo jumbo. Don't let them fool you with their witchcraft numbers.

DublinMeUp

okami vs roberts isn't a coin-flip
    I never said it was, how do you get there from my post?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I never said it was, how do you get there from my post?
    you were talking about guessing concurrent coin-flips correctly. if you weren't talking about the fights i had bet, then you're being even more irrelevant than i thought. wtf?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Gabers, these guys are just gonna try to confuse you with their hoodoo voodoo math and statistics mumbo jumbo. Don't let them fool you with their witchcraft numbers.
    lol

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    See...this doesn't make any sense in any way shape or form.
    It doesn't make any sense to know a fighter is going to win for sure? So every time I know a fighter is going to win for sure, that means the line should be -900? Sometimes I know fighters are going to win for sure, and they're +250 underdogs. I expected Lentz around -220, so I thought -400 was too much juice. That doesn't mean I don't think he will win or he should have been -900 just because I know he's going to win. Use your brain and maybe it might make sense to you. I think Jon Jones' line against Hendo is too much also but he is a sure thing. Should be more like -400 or -450. Doesn't mean he's not a lock at -750. Fool. USE BRAIN.

DublinMeUp

you were talking about guessing concurrent coin-flips correctly. if you weren't talking about the fights i had bet, then you're being even more irrelevant than i thought. wtf?
    Wow..

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar SBR MVP

It doesn't make any sense to know a fighter is going to win for sure? So every time I know a fighter is going to win for sure, that means the line should be -900? Sometimes I know fighters are going to win for sure, and they're +250 underdogs. I expected Lentz around -220, so I thought -400 was too much juice. That doesn't mean I don't think he will win or he should have been -900 just because I know he's going to win. Use your brain and maybe it might make sense to you. I think Jon Jones' line against Hendo is too much also but he is a sure thing. Should be more like -400 or -450. Doesn't mean he's not a lock at -750. Fool. USE BRAIN.
    I...I..I can't believe you actually believe any of that.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Wow..
    Exactly.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Same conversation
    dofferent day
    Different thread

DublinMeUp

So would you like to take my three coin flip parlay? you could win nearly $300 if you're right..

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar SBR MVP

Gabers, these guys don't get it... them and their coin flips, wtf?! When was the last time two shiny quarters got inside the octagon and fought each other?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DublinMeUp, Vaughany, Grabaka, GunShard, and NunyaBidness

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Well, Mayhem Miller isnt quite the "full shilling" as we say over here

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

[COLOR=#878787 !important]Web definitions[/COLOR]
    (not the) (adj) Mentally challenged. “All those loud Americans…definitely not of the full shilling”.[COLOR=#878787 !important]marriedanirishfarmer.com/tag/irish-slang/[/COLOR]

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar SBR MVP

Bad SU play:

Bad Parlay:

LOL you crazy fool i catch you trying to explain things to Gabe....That shit dont work yo!
    USE BRAIN FOOL

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

So would you like to take my three coin flip parlay? you could win nearly $300 if you're right..
    I repeat, Okami vs Roberts was not a coin-flip fight, why are you referring to the fights i picked as coin-flips?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

LOL you crazy fool i catch you trying to explain things to Gabe....That shit dont work yo!
    USE BRAIN FOOL
    It makes sense, dumbass, it's just completely irrelevant to the bets I've previously made. He might as well have posted a book report on The Great Gatsby. Same irrelevancy.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

The Great Gatsby is probably F. Scott Fitzgerald's greatest novel--a book that offers damning and insightful views of the Americannouveau riche in the 1920s. The Great Gatsby is an American classic and a wonderfully evocative work.
    Like much of Fitzgerald's prose, it is neat and well--crafted. Fitzgerald seems to have had a brilliant understanding of lives that are corrupted by greed and incredibly sad and unfulfilled. The novel is a product of its generation--with one of American literature's most powerful characters in the figure of Jay Gatsby, who is urbane and world-weary. Gatsby is really nothing more than a man desperate for love.

Overview: The Great Gatsby

The novel's events are filtered through the consciousness of its narrator, Nick Carraway, a young Yale graduate, who is both a part of and separate from the world he describes. Upon moving to New York, he rents a house next door to the mansion of an eccentric millionaire (Jay Gatsby). Every Saturday, Gatsby throws a party at his mansion and all the great and the good of the young fashionable world come to marvel at his extravagance (as well as swap gossipy stories about their host who--it is suggested--has a murky past).

Despite his high-living, Gatsby is dissatisfied; and Nick finds out why. Long ago, Gatsby fell in love with a young girl, Daisy. Although she has always loved Gatsby, she is currently married to Tom Buchanan. Gatsby asks Nick to help him meet Daisy once more, and Nick finally agrees--arranging tea for Daisy at his house.

The two ex-lovers meet and soon rekindle their affair. Soon, Tom begins to suspect and challenges the two of them--also revealing something that the reader had already begun to suspect: that Gatsby's fortune was made through illegal gambling and bootlegging. Gatsby and Daisy drive back to New York. In the wake of the emotional confrontation, Daisy hits and kills a woman. Gatsby feels that his life would be nothing without Daisy, so he determines to take the blame.

George Wilson--who discovers that the car that killed his wife belongs to Gatsby--comes to Gatsby's house and shoots him. Nick arranges a funeral for his friend, and then decides to leave New York--saddened by the fatal events and disgusted by the easy way lived their lives.

Wealth as an Exploration of the Deeper Qualities of Life: The Great Gatsby

The power of Gatsby as a character is inextricably linked with his wealth. From the very beginning of The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald sets up his eponymous hero as an enigma: the playboy millionaire with the shady past who can enjoy the frivolity and ephemera that he creates around him. However, the reality of the situation is that Gatsby is a man in love. Nothing more. He concentrated all of his life on winning Daisy back.

It is the way that he attempts to do this, however, that is central to Fitzgerald's world-view. Gatsby creates himself--both his mystique and his personality--around rotten values. They are the values of the American dream--that money, wealth and popularity are all there is to achieve in this world. He gives everything he has--emotionally and physically--to win, and it is this unrestrained desire that contributes to his eventual downfall.

Beyond Enjoyment?: The Great Gatsby

In the closing pages of The Great Gatsby, Nick considers Gatsby in a wider context. Nick links Gatsby with the class of people with whom he has become so inextricably associated. They are the society persons so prominent during the 1920's and 1930's. Like his novel The Beautiful and the Damned, Fitzgerald attacks the shallow social climbing and emotional manipulation--which only causes pain. With a decadent cynicism, the party-goers in The Great Gatsby cannot see anything beyond their own enjoyment. Gatsby's love is frustrated by the social situation and his death symbolizes the dangers of his chosen path.

F. Scott Fitzgerald paints a picture of a lifestyle and a decade that is both fascinating and horrific. In so doing, he captures a society and a set of young people; and he wrote them into myth. Fitzgerald was a part of that high-living lifestyle, but he was also a victim of it. He was one of the beautiful but he was also forever damned. In all its excitement--pulsating with life and tragedy--The Great Gatsby captures brilliantly the American dream in a time when it had descended into decadence.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

lol would have been hilarious if you actually took time to write that

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Didnt I mention that my favourite hobby after gambling is reviewing classic novels

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Didnt I mention that my favourite hobby after gambling is reviewing classic novels
    i thought it was reviewing fleshlights and alpha brain pills

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar SBR Wise Guy

DublinMeUp

I repeat, Okami vs Roberts was not a coin-flip fight, why are you referring to the fights i picked as coin-flips?
    The first time I thought you might be leveling, this time however I'm quite worried you really don't understand.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

The first time I thought you might be leveling, this time however I'm quite worried you really don't understand.
    You're right, I don't understand. You're talking about coin-flip fights when the fights I bet on were not coin-flips. So, I ask, what do coin-flips have to do with this, if not related to my bets?

DublinMeUp

You're right, I don't understand. You're talking about coin-flip fights when the fights I bet on were not coin-flips. So, I ask, what do coin-flips have to do with this, if not related to my bets?
    Never mind gabe, they have nothing to do with Okami or Roberts or any mma fighter.

DublinMeUp

USE BRAIN FOOL
    I'll remember this next time

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Never mind gabe, they have nothing to do with Okami or Roberts or any mma fighter.
    We were talking about me betting high juiced fighters (who i thought were over-valued) in parlays, so why are you talking about shit that is not related?

and no, you did not try to explain anything. every time i ask a legitimate question, you say nevermind.

First ... 37383940414243 ... Last