DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

How do I sell Bitcoin from blockchain account?

When I try to sell they quote me about $2,000 under the price I know they have to make a commission but God damn this is just robbery. Can someone please advise me how to sell? Maybe I have to move it to somewhere out of blockchain? I've never sold Bitcoin before. Thanks in advance for anyone that gives me the info. I had coinbase account a while ago but they asked too many questions so I closed it.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9530

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    When I try to sell they quote me about $2,000 under the price I know they have to make a commission but God damn this is just robbery. Can someone please advise me how to sell? Maybe I have to move it to somewhere out of blockchain? I've never sold Bitcoin before. Thanks in advance for anyone that gives me the info. I had coinbase account a while ago but they asked too many questions so I closed it.
    You need another account like coinbase to sell it and send to your bank account.

You can also get ATM cards like Bitpay offers that you load with crypto and dollars come out of the wall.

CashApp might be another option depending on where you live.

DISTROYA

Thx... I have a bit pay card but they said that it was no longer valid or something are they issuing new ones on request? They had cleared it out about a year ago I think and said it's no longer valid. That would be great just getting 500 at a time from the ATMs

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11472

The reason you’re getting charged such a high rate is because Blockchain.com is not an actual exchange, it’s more of a wallet. Your best option would be Crypto.com. You can sell the crypto on their exchange and immediately deposit into their debit card which allows you to take out cash at ATMs.

DISTROYA

Thank you very much will look into that

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

After receiving their debit card, there are many ways you can withdraw the money without having to pay high ATM fees. You can buy items at Walmart through the self checkout lane and request $100 cashback each transaction. Buy five items and you can get $500 without any fees.

If you don’t feel like waiting in line and doing multiple transactions, you can walk up to the money center counter and request to take out $1000 off the card. They will run it as a purchase and charge only $3 fee and you can request to have all hundred dollar bills instead of walking around with a bunch of 20s.

DISTROYA

Geez, each card wants be to buy "CRO" (assuming cyrpto) and hold for 6 freakin months just to get a card? Thats insane.
    Is a CRO token something else?
    Just for a "red" card (no pun intended) says purchase $4000 of CRO tokens, Then wait 180 days JUST to get the card?
    This is silly what am I missing? I wish Bitpay just had their damn ****/** again.
    Last edited by DISTROYA; 02-23-24 at 05:50 PM.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20266

Geez, each card wants be to buy "CRO" (assuming cyrpto) and hold for 6 freakin months just to get a card? Thats insane.
    Just for a "red" card (no pun intended) says purchase $4000 of CRO tokens, Then wait 180 days JUST to get the card?
    This is silly what am I missing? I wish Bitpay just had their damn ****/** again.
    The red card actually requires you to buy $400 worth of CRO and to stake it for 6 months. You will earn a little (CRO) each week on the staking. You will get 1% cash back (paid in CRO) on your purchases with the card. The card is a debit card that you load via ACH or by selling off crypto... I think there are other methods to load the card but those are the only two I use. Once you stake your $400, you never have to do it again.

Each upgrade costs more but gives back more in staking and cash back.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Not sure where the 180 days is coming from. Only took me a couple of months a few years ago. They gave me a call on the phone before they issued the card.

It was really a nice card to have a few years ago. The entry costs were cheaper and the cash back percentages were greater. The Earn Program was paying out large APY - like 6% for Bitcoin, 12% for CRO, etc.

They've since nerfed those numbers quite a bit I suppose because it was unsustainable. I still use mine for all my purchases but only have a little DOT in the Earn Program....

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

I haven’t checked in a while but they don’t have the basic blue card that does not require any CRO staking anymore? This is the card I originally received and still use it and don’t have to stake any CRO.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    I haven’t checked in a while but they don’t have the basic blue card that does not require any CRO staking anymore? This is the card I originally received and still use it and don’t have to stake any CRO.
    Yes, blue card is free. No perks but a way to spend crypto using a card, i.e., load card by converting crypto into cash.

DISTROYA

True, but silly limits on the blue it says $100 max daily?

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

True, but silly limits on the blue it says $100 max daily?
    I believe you are referring to the ATM fee free limit? You can withdraw up to 1000 a day from the ATM but get up to 200 fee free. Anything above 200 and they charge the ATM fee.

There is no limit if you do the Walmart method like I mentioned above.