stolarzz
    stolarzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Canbet

I have made 2 withdrawals three days ago 1000gbp total. They are still in balance at canbet account, they are not responding to my emails so probably im going to wait few weeks as you guys...

Yuretz
    Yuretz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Yuretz View Post
    Still waiting my payment...
    Canbet stop answering my e-mails...
    Go on waiting my money... More than a month (since 17 Okt, 4850 EUR). Canbet don't answer e-mails some last weeks.
    Gambling commission complaint was sent right now.

stolarzz
    stolarzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go on waiting my money... More than a month (since 17 Okt, 4850 EUR). Canbet don't answer e-mails some last weeks.
    Have you got these money in balance or the took it away from it?

kristian19
    kristian19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Money received from Canbet after 28 days

Hi, first post but wanted to come on here to say that I received my withdrawal of 2.3K from Canbet last night after waiting for 28 days.

I hope that gives people still waiting confidence that they will also receive their money.

I emailed them twice a day for the last 2 weeks and told them I had submitted complaints to SBR, IBAS and GCUK but whether that made a difference or it was just my turn in the queue I don't know.

Fingers crossed for anyone still waiting.

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

I'm glad that some people are being paid though I think its unfair when they have been waiting less time than I have.

Yuretz

Quote Originally Posted by stolarzz View Post
    Have you got these money in balance or the took it away from it?
    Money still in balance and in withdrawal requests section.
    40th day is today...

Lodo
    Lodo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

On 10 November 2013 I requested a withdrawal of 500,-. On 15 November 2013 I requested a withdrawal of 230,81. This makes a total of 730,81. Until Today I didn't receive my money. They don't reply to most of my mails. When they do reply, it's like this:

"
    Thank you for contacting us.
    Our finance team are continuing to make manual payments every day.
    As soon as Finance have processed your withdrawal we will let you know.
    Once again we apologise for the delays associated with your request.
    If you have any further queries please let us know.
    "

joey1963
    joey1963's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1971

Reports on UK forums that canbet are offering reload bonuses again today

intergagne
    intergagne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Hello, i am Gianni
    I'm waiting for a withdrawal of € 1425, passed two weeks

bancoricardo
    bancoricardo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Waiting six weeks for £4k+.

brockerly11
    brockerly11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep i am also 6 weeks. continuing to get the same message either by email or when calling that is with the payments team to process and will let us know when the payment is released... they cannot answer when it will be though

Yuretz

45 days waiting. SBR don't answer last e-mails too...

Teiss
    Teiss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Finally...

I got paid in full this morning (mid 4 figure amount) after 60 days of waiting. I did file a court claim a couple of weeks ago but not sure if that influenced the payment. That cost me £100 but think it was worth it in the end. The situation has been very stressful though so I will run a mile away from anything Canbet has to offer in future regardless of how attractive it looks. Good luck to anyone still waiting.

nat03
    nat03's Avatar Become A Pro!

Formal Complaints Must Be Made...

My withdrawal was delayed for 19 days. I had constantly emailed Canbet for more info, explanation of the delay and so on. I only received generic replies from them, stating that they were still having "technical issues" and were having to process withdrawals manually.

I decided to take action and made formal complaints with IBAS, the U.K. Gambling Commission and here with SBR, of course!

Having informed Canbet of this, I received my full payment (£700+) the very next day.

Considering that 3-5 days waiting for withdrawals to be processed is reasonable, in effect my payment was only a couple of weeks late in the end.

Perhaps Canbet are finally catching up with the delayed payments, or perhaps informing them of my formal complaints helped to some extent?

If you have been waiting longer than I did for payment, then I would suggest making those complaints if you haven't already done so.

One more thing. The Canbet statement about their payment issues mentioned that players who experienced delays with receiving their funds would be "compensated"?

I haven't and I wonder if anyone else has?

Good luck to those still waiting for payment.
    Last edited by nat03; 12-06-13 at 06:49 AM.

KnowWhen2FoldEm
    KnowWhen2FoldEm's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canbet has money (for now, at least) and you can get paid. But you must take decisive action and mean it. I echo the comments of David Teiss above: if you are resident in the UK, forget going via any regulatory authorities. They are neither concerned nor effective. Instead, file a small claim via the government online service if you are owed less than 5000GBP. The fully self-explanatory link is here: moneyclaim.gov.uk You will have to pay a small court fee depending on how much you are owed (eg 60GBP for a claim of up to 1000GBP). When filling in the form, use the name Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Limited and their Chiswick, London address on the contact page of their website. I predict they will not let claims get to court, because the consequences for their credit rating and overall business would be too damaging. This procedure has delivered payouts for David, myself and others - and we all jumped the queue ahead of players waiting far longer. My total wait was 49 days and I got paid just 3 business days after filing my claim, long before the 14-day deadline after which a summary court judgment can be requested if the company has not defended your claim. Should you not be in a position to use this procedure, then you will have to fall back on mediation via SBR, maybe backing it up with formal complaints to IBAS and the Gambling Commission in the UK. For what it's worth, I believe Canbet may well have IT issues in both receiving and paying out money, as the directors claim (there is some evidence of this which I won't bore anyone with here). BUT...at this point there is such a backup in claims, and such a wave of legal action building, that the company could sooner or later lose the cashflow to buy its way out of withdrawals. They are frantically trying to recruit new players via smaller bonuses than the big reloads that lured me in, but as word of their troubles gets round, there must be a risk that newcomers hold off and cash inflows start to lag cash outflows. At that point, the situation becomes unrecoverable. The directors cannot legally trade while the company is insolvent, so bankruptcy would be their only option. Otherwise, they could face significant legal penalties under UK law, a risk I doubt they'd be willing to take. The recent limitation of payouts to 2000GBP I took to be an early warning sign of possible cashflow problems, which is why I gritted my teeth and proceeded to legal action. Again, I advise all who can to follow suit, especially if owed large sums (but less than the small claims cutoff point of 5000GBP.) Good luck and Happy Xmas to all.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-19-14 at 10:46 AM.

King_Suckerman

The last post is very interesting but I always thought gambling debts were unenforceable in UK law - something to do with the lack of a contract in legal terms. Am I mistaken? (I hope so) Thanks for the information.

Kelly_F
    Kelly_F's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1119

Quote Originally Posted by King_Suckerman View Post
    The last post is very interesting but I always thought gambling debts were unenforceable in UK law - something to do with the lack of a contract in legal terms. Am I mistaken? (I hope so) Thanks for the information.
    Gambling debts were not enforceable by law in the UK for over 150 years based on the Gaming Act 1845.

That changed with the Gambling Act 2005 legislation and now, gambling debts are indeed recoverable by law.

King_Suckerman

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_F View Post
    Gambling debts were not enforceable by law in the UK for over 150 years based on the Gaming Act 1845.

That changed with the Gambling Act 2005 legislation and now, gambling debts are indeed recoverable by law.
    Thanks for that Kelly.

Kelly_F
    Kelly_F's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1119

Quote Originally Posted by Teiss View Post
    I got paid in full this morning (mid 4 figure amount) after 60 days of waiting. I did file a court claim a couple of weeks ago but not sure if that influenced the payment. That cost me £100 but think it was worth it in the end. The situation has been very stressful though so I will run a mile away from anything Canbet has to offer in future regardless of how attractive it looks. Good luck to anyone still waiting.
    No doubt it influenced the payment. Since you mention it cost you £100 I assume they ignored the court claim and just processed the withdrawal - otherwise they would have paid your costs + interest (currenty 8%) if you were claiming it.

theshield
    theshield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Finally, I got paid today, after 41 days.
    The end of a nightmare...
    My advice is to send email to them every day... at the end they should pay

good luck

the unheardof
    the unheardof's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Everybody.

I am a first time poster on here. Like you all I have been monitoring the Canbet situation very carefully for several weeks on all the main threads and social media etc. I felt I should post on here as this morning I received an email from Canbet which I will post below. 21 days ago I requested a 4 figure sum withdrawal at Canbet and am still waiting to be paid. I have complained here at SBR and made Canbet aware of this and threatened them with the Gambling Commision, IBAS etc. Have any of you had a response like this yet?

Please be advised that your withdrawal request will be processed and paid over the next week.

Over the past two months, as you are well aware, Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Ltd has experienced immense difficulties in making payments to our customers. As our customer service department has reported, this has been the result of an IT error that had been triggered through bonus bets and free deposit match up bonuses.

Like many companies within the online industry, some components of the IT software are controlled by a third party and integrated into the main IT platform. At Canbet this has been the case with our financial software program for many years. This third party IT program accepts deposits and issues withdrawals; it calculates all financial transactions including bonuses. Recently it was discovered that this system was not recognising all the rules associated with deposit match up bonuses, thus many customers were unduly qualifying for their bonuses. This resulted in management having to undergo a complete overhaul of the third party IT system, including a financial forensic audit, whereby we had to first identify the issues, find out how far back the issue went, identify every customer and each of their bets and then assess if the customer qualified for their bonus or not. Unfortunately, all of this has taken time to complete.

Whilst we appreciate that this delay in payment processing has caused unnecessary angst amongst our customers, we were left with no alternative other than to resolve this problem and ensure that everyone who has made a withdrawal request was eligible to withdraw their money and paid the correct amount. During this period, once our customer service and finance department were satisfied that the customer was eligible or not to withdraw their funds, they have either been paid or notified as to why they were not eligible due to not satisfying the bonus requirements.

Over the next week, our customer clearance procedures will once again be automated which will result in customers being paid in an expedient manner, thus clearing the backlog of withdrawal requests. Going forward, we will be upgrading our whole financial platform to ensure that we don't have a repeat of this in the future.

I would like to thank both the UK Gambling Commission and IBAS for their support and assistance during this period and look forward to our customers once again enjoying the benefits of one of the world's oldest online sports books.

On behalf of the team at Canbet, I do offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this temporary issue has caused you.

Sensible1
    Sensible1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Thanks for that post the unheardof, seems like good news. Ive been waiting since 18th Oct for my £1800+. Maybe an end is in sight. I sent an email last night to the Canbet management saying I would be starting small claims proceedings in a few days if they didn't sort my withdrawal out (has KnowWhen2FoldEm & Teiss have in earlier posts).

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

Received same mail as the unheardoft. Not sure what to say, but looks like they just buy a time again , hopefully I am in wrong , but we will see.

the unheardof
    the unheardof's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible1 View Post
    Thanks for that post the unheardof, seems like good news. Ive been waiting since 18th Oct for my £1800+. Maybe an end is in sight. I sent an email last night to the Canbet management saying I would be starting small claims proceedings in a few days if they didn't sort my withdrawal out (has KnowWhen2FoldEm & Teiss have in earlier posts).

Your welcome Sensible1. This particular email arrived on the back of my 4th chasing email. I sent the 4th email to as customer services up to that point had just been sending the usual "bot replies" that everybody else has been receiving. I had planned to file complaints with the Gambling Commission & IBAS by the end of the working day tomorrow as according to Canbets complaints procedure, management will reply to you within 4 working days and tomorrow would have been the 4th working day waiting for a reply. If however I am not paid within the week as the executive director mentions in the email I will take swift decisive action starting with complaints to the Gambling Commission and IBAS swiftly followed by legal proceedings. However, I do now feel cautiously optimistic that we may all get paid from this outfit sooner rather than later (before xmas hopefully) and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for yourself and everybody else who has been caught up in this fiasco. I will post again if there is anything further to add.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-19-14 at 10:46 AM.

endtoend
    endtoend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Hi Unheardof and everyone else,

I received the same email from Canbet earlier today. I've been waiting for my withdrawal since 1st November. Owing to the vague and unhelpful responses I got from Canbet I decided to register a small claim against them (I did this two days ago). I'm owed nearly a grand so the £60 to make the claim didn't seem like a great expense. It would have been nice to have received their recent email about a month ago, but better late than never. I'm feeling mostly optimistic, however I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the time for 'clearing the backlog' took slightly longer than a week.

To those who have had their withdrawal processed following a small claim - did Canbet reimburse you for the cost of making the claim? ...I doubt it, but thought it was worth asking?

Thanks

BIGB21
    BIGB21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi
    I got the same email .But I think Canbet is just pushing the payments .When I emailed them again ,I got same old crappy message from Canbet .

Sensible1
    Sensible1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Well it's a week since Canbet said they would pay me, guess what! I ain't got a bean yet.

BIGB21
    BIGB21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys!!!!!
    Please make a note IBAS is not taking any responsibility of Canbet .Gambling Commission is also giving excuses as same as Canbet .Gambling Commission says they know there is an issue with Canbet so they cant help to get anyone their money out .
    I have complained both .If you dont believe me try to complain both of them .Its time to go to Higher Authorities and report about Gambling Commission and Canbet either Ombudsman Or Approach a Local MP.I think We should send metroplitan Police to their london address as this is a fraud. Any suggestions please send me .
    Last edited by BIGB21; 12-18-13 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

fidelio
    fidelio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1220

Quote Originally Posted by BIGB21 View Post
    Guys!!!!!
    Please make a note IBAS is not taking any responsibility of Canbet .Gambling Commission is also giving excuses as same as Canbet .Gambling Commission says they know there is an issue with Canbet so they cant help to get anyone their money out .
    I have complined both .If you dont believe me try to complain both of them .Its time to go to Higher Authorities and report about Gambling Commission and Canbet either Ombudsman Or Approach a Local MP.I think We should send metroplitan Police to their london address as this is a fraud. Any suggestions please send me .
    Well its been over a week now since the Directors statement. A company that cannot pay its creditors should not be trading.

The next test is if Canbet has any Christmas spirit to put us all out of our misery before Christmas Day. Think this all shows the Gambling Commission is fairly toothless. The wait continues. 64 DAYS HERE

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

As I said before that is probably one more lie in the row, they want just to buy a little time. maybe , just maybe, some little withdrawal requests will be processed but no way that they will process 5 figure amounts, so we must take some new actions against this liars. They told that they process withdrawals manually but for sure they don't have millions of withdrawals to process, so that is poor explanation why I wait 2,5 months for my money. BIGB21 is probably in right, maybe this is a job for police. Also I don't see any new report about payment received.

kholoshian
    kholoshian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Canbet Legal action

Hi,

I just wondered. Did any of you send Canbet a 'Letter before action' or did you just file a claim with Moneyclaim online (small claims court). I'm basically at the end of my patience with Canbet and any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Mike

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never realized Canbet had this many customers

endtoend
    endtoend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Quote Originally Posted by kholoshian View Post
    Hi,

I just wondered. Did any of you send Canbet a 'Letter before action' or did you just file a claim with Moneyclaim online (small claims court). I'm basically at the end of my patience with Canbet and any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Mike
    After 6 or so weeks of waiting I emailed Canbet to ask for more specific details about when I would be paid (estimated payment date? am I in a queue? how long is the queue? is there a queue?). I basically wanted reassurance that I hadn't been lost in their "system". I also stated that unless they were able to reply to me addressing the specifics of my withdrawal then I would file a small after 7 days. I got a swift and mainly generic response - "we are continuing to process payments manually..." etc ...so nothing that addressed my particular case. I wrote back to say that their response was unsatisfactory and that I would be filing a claim. I got no response to that one. I made the claim. They have until the 29th Dec to respond.

I made sure that they were aware of my intentions to make a small claim - I also gave them time to provide a response. I think it might count against you later down the line if you don't appear to have made reasonable efforts to resolve the issue before making a claim. However, it's not as if Canbet are forthcoming with any meaningful dialogue - except the occasional press release that appears to be lies.

I would warn them that you will be making a claim soon.

kholoshian
    kholoshian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Thanks for that endtoend,

I was fairly sure that it was probably best to inform them of action - which i have now done this morning. I can't understand how they think they can ignore all this bad press.

Merry christmas all

Mike

hristo1971
    hristo1971's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Hi all, maybe this is helpful,

My friend (that hasn't got a SBR forum account but asked me to write here) is waiting for a 3k cashout since 9 weeks ago or so. After complaining to Gambling Comission they replied on Dec. 10 like this (see below)

"Thank you for your email about the problems you have experienced with Canbet.

Canbet are licensed by the Gambling Commission and we have received a significant number of complaints from customers that have had problems withdrawing funds from Canbet Sports Bookmakers UK Limited.

The Commission has made enquiries with Canbet and have received assurances from both Canbet and their legal adviser that the company is working to rectify the problems and will process customer payments as soon as possible. We have also received assurances from the company’s auditors that the company has sufficient assets to cover its gambling liabilities.

Whilst we take all complaints seriously, for reasons I am sure you will understand, the Commission has a policy of not normally providing updates on what, if any, action it is taking in each individual case. As a result we will not contact you again about your specific complaint unless we need additional information from you.

In the meantime, if you wish to complain about Canbet’s services you should deal directly with the company using the complaints procedure set out in the company’s terms and conditions.

Kind regards, "

First 12345 ... Last