Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roxxy All Sports Picks Thread

beaver-ball time ,for me easier to cap than NBA
    in this thread i will release my picks ,my record and we can discuss the games

lets start the season slow with 1unit on the LA Spaks@+125 ML over the Seattle Storm 10PM

the fact that Lauren Jackson is absent for the Storm till after the Olympic games and that Candace Paker is fit and healthy,plus the hype about the number one draft pick Ogwumike makes me believe the Sparks have a decent chance here

good luck all

Sparks-Storm Preview

The Seattle Storm got only 13 games from three-time MVP Lauren Jackson last season while the Los Angeles Sparks received 17 from 2008 MVP Candace Parker.The Storm will have to deal with another extended absence by Jackson to start 2012 while Parker appears healthy for perhaps the first time since that MVP campaign as these Western Conference rivals meet Friday night in Seattle in a marquee WNBA season opener.Jackson played her fewest games with the Storm last year due to hip surgery. She was already struggling, shooting 39.6 percent for her lowest mark since her rookie season in 2001.The Storm won't have the superstar forward available until after the London Olympics. That puts the onus on Sue Bird to shoulder more of the load, although the point guard doesn't agree with that notion."It's not me going into each game like I have to be different because Lauren is here or she isn't," said Bird, who averaged a career-high 14.7 points in 2011. "It just kind of happens. It's the nature of the game and how it unfolds."Seattle went 21-13 and tied for the league's best home record at 15-2 last year before being upset in the first round of the playoffs by Phoenix.Parker, chosen by 25 percent of the WNBA's general managers to be the MVP this season, has been limited to 27 games the last two years due to shoulder and knee injuries after her 2009 was shortened due to pregnancy. She missed half of last season, as Los Angeles went 15-19 and missed the playoffs for the first time in four years.That campaign resulted in coach Joe Bryant, the father of Lakers star Kobe Bryant, not being brought back. Carol Ross has taken over after serving as an assistant with Atlanta the last three years.Ross inherits an influx of talent, most notably No. 1 overall draft pick Nnemkadi Ogwumike from Stanford. Ogwumike helped the Cardinal reach the Final Four four times and averaged 22.5 points and 10.2 boards last season."You know, she's one of the most athletic players that I've ever played against or with in my entire career," said Parker about Ogwumike. "I think that her explosiveness is something that you don't see a great deal in women's basketball."The Sparks also added four-time All-Star Alana Beard and guard Marissa Coleman from Washington, with Coleman being reunited with former University of Maryland teammate and starting point guard Kristi Toliver.Seattle has added veteran center Ann Wauters, who is returning to the WNBA for the first time since playing for San Antonio three years ago. Rookie Shekinna Stricklen is also expected to contribute immediately."We have a lot of different pieces, and we're getting to know each other and what this team's identity will be," veteran guard Katie Smith said. "But we've kind of been there, done that, and you understand how hard it is to win in this league."These teams split four matchups a year ago, with the home team winning all of them. They meet in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
    Points Awarded:

The HOFF gave Roxxyfish 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Threw a hundo on it gl

VikesPhanatic84
    VikesPhanatic84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4921

I LOVE betting on the WNBA easiest shit around. I originally liked storm cuz they play tough at home but with Lauren Jackson out, I will go with you on the sparks! GL
    BTW u r the man when it comes to soccer roxy, stay hot!!!!

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Wow I liked the Sparks if Jackson was playing this looks unreal

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

WTF??

Roxy you played soccer in live in Germany????????????

How good can you bet at this stuff

theHoneyBadger
    theHoneyBadger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 774

are there any good advanced stat sites for the females that update daily. pace, OE, DE etc? lets get it rox

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

Quote Originally Posted by theHoneyBadger View Post
    are there any good advanced stat sites for the females that update daily. pace, OE, DE etc? lets get it rox
    www.wnba.com is where i look most and espn

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

wtf ,why are there no lines in the SBR book?

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

tip off in45 minutes good luck all

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

roxxy,

listen pal, the line moved against you, it's now +3.5/+145

now, that don't always mean anything

yesterday I was huge on Indiana, but the line moved against me, so like a LITTLE B*TCH I fukin took it all back

whatever though

roxxer this is a good pick? why did the line move the other way pal? no doubting, just wondering

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    roxxy,

listen pal, the line moved against you, it's now +3.5/+145

now, that don't always mean anything

yesterday I was huge on Indiana, but the line moved against me, so like a LITTLE B*TCH I fukin took it all back

whatever though

roxxer this is a good pick? why did the line move the other way pal? no doubting, just wondering

guess here, but line most likely moved because seattle was a lot better than la last year, people looking for action look atleast years record and take seattle.

but isnt lauren jackson out?

and add the fact that parker is back, and the girl from stanford... la should be much improved

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    guess here, but line most likely moved because seattle was a lot better than la last year, people looking for action look atleast years record and take seattle.

but isnt lauren jackson out?

and add the fact that parker is back, and the girl from stanford... la should be much improved

yes Lauren Jackson comes back after Olympia

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Public seems all over the Sparks, do you look at that stuff at all or just cap the matchups

Never bet WNBA before so curious

theHoneyBadger
    theHoneyBadger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 774

Good luck rox. Im on the under. its the circle of life. The Wnba girls get us cash, then we use it on the girls

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

11-0 WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF this game is a mismatch and we are losing 11-0 unreal this has to be rigged ******* bitches with 30 dime salaries unreal.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

doesnt look good at hlf time glad i did only1unit

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

​ffs 12-0 goooooo biitches 54-56

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

this garbage on tv?

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

1 unit = 100 betpoints? Is that why you were so upset it wasn't in the book?

Watch for Roxxy the despicable loser to disappear if this loses. Pathetic wanker.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit, and 10SixSix5ive

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    1 unit = 100 betpoints? Is that why you were so upset it wasn't in the book?

Watch for Roxxy the despicable loser to disappear if this loses. Pathetic wanker.
    my unit size is might big enough to feed your aids infected aborigine tribe for a year,3rd world scum
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave Roxxyfish 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

-un- be-lievable they came from 17 beind

winner,winner,chickendinner

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

never in doubt

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

awesome roxxer

i tailed

thanks for posting!!!!

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    awesome roxxer

i tailed

thanks for posting!!!!

your welcome 4 games tomorrow

Tarrum
    Tarrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Thanks man was a bit uncertain it was my first wnba bet. The Sparks had a lovely 2.40 factor ML.

Looking forward to your bets..

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

ok guys so we had a perfect start , Record is. 1-0-0

today we have 4 games and i decided to go with 2 of them

first one is the San Antonio Silver Stars-8@-110 vs Tulsa Shock 1.5 units
    i really cant see the team much improved,and the absence from Tiffany Jackson(she awaits a baby) and Lizzy Cambage( she is back after the Olympic Games) will not help

and my second selection is the Chicago Sky-3@-110 over the Washington Mystics,Chicago for me have one of the most improved rosters with some experienced players like Ticha Penicheiro or Swin Cash and Ruth Riley, i am very confident here so lets make it a 2.5unit game

good luck all

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

Sky-Mystics Preview

The Chicago Sky and Washington Mystics finished in the bottom two spots of the Eastern Conference last season, combining to lose their final nine contests.Both teams, though, have heightened expectations heading into 2012, and they'll tip off their seasons Saturday night in the nation's capital.Washington lost its final four games and finished last in the East at 6-28 in 2011, a disappointing season after reaching the conference finals the previous year. Monique Currie averaged career highs of 14.8 points and 4.8 rebounds in 2010, but a torn ACL kept her out of all but four games last season, leaving a huge hole the Mystics struggled to fill.Crystal Langhorne did her best, averaging 18.2 points and 7.6 boards, and was rewarded with a four-year contract in the offseason. Washington also signed Michelle Snow and Dominique Canty from Chicago.Matee Ajavon had a breakout season, averaging 14.7 points, though she sat out the team's final preseason game with a sore right knee and is questionable for the opener."We're excited about opening the season. We've put in a lot of hard work," coach Trudi Lacey said. "We feel we're ready mentally and physically to play. We're going to get after it and hopefully get a win."Washington beat the Sky 73-68 in a preseason matchup May 10, playing strong in the paint despite Chicago holding a size advantage."We're not going to change our philosophy," Lacey said. "We want to play inside-out so we can go right at them."The Sky also are happy to begin anew after dropping their final five games to finish 14-20 last season. They've yet to qualify for the playoffs in their five-year existence - a drought they hope to end after acquiring veterans Swin Cash and Ruth Riley to team with All-Stars Sylvia Fowles and Epiphanny Prince.Cash and Riley led the then-Detroit Shock to a WNBA title in 2003, with Riley being named finals MVP. Riley added a championship with San Antonio in 2006, and Cash won a title with Seattle in 2010.Chicago also signed Ticha Penicheiro and Le'coe Willingham, both of whom also have won championships."Just (have) to be on the same page," Fowles said of the new roster still trying to mesh. "We have had our spurts, we've been up and down (with) the inconsistent things that we did. If we can just all click together in the next few weeks, that would be great. We will just go from there."Fowles averaged 20.0 points last season to rank third in the league and was second in rebounding at 10.2 per game. She also averaged a league-best 2.0 blocks and was named the WNBA defensive player of the year.General manager and coach Pokey Chatman worked hard to bring in talent around an already solid core of Fowles, Prince and point guard Courtney Vandersloot, though the Sky aren't concerned with living up to expectations."We honestly haven't talked about it," Riley said. "We just come to work and realize we've got to take it one day at a time. We haven't earned anything yet. Our mentality is to get better and obviously get to the playoffs to see what can happen from there."Chicago has won six straight meetings with Washington, including a four-game sweep in 2011.

Silver Stars-Shock Preview

The San Antonio Silver Stars were the only team to defeat the WNBA champions in the postseason last year, but that doesn't mean they expect to open 2012 as one of the Western Conference favorites.
    New Tulsa coach Gary Kloppenburg also has realistic expectations after the Shock finished with the league's worst record in each of the last two seasons.
    San Antonio goes for its seventh consecutive victory in this series when it visits Tulsa on Saturday night.
    After finishing fourth in the conference last season at 18-16, the Silver Stars pushed Minnesota to a deciding third game in the West semifinals before falling in that round for a third consecutive year.
    San Antonio last won a playoff series in 2008 when it was swept in the WNBA finals by the Detroit Shock, who would move to Tulsa prior to the 2010 season.
    "I'm not going to sit there and say we're going to go through and just beat everybody and walk into the WNBA finals," said point guard Becky Hammon, who led the Silver Stars with 15.9 points per game and a career-best 5.8 assists last season. "... What I can say is we're going to fight and we're going to get better every week."
    While Hammon and forward Sophia Young are two of the best in the league at their positions, the Silver Stars have plenty of room for improvement. Five of their players on the opening night roster will have two years or fewer of WNBA experience, including fifth overall pick Shenise Johnson, a guard out of Miami.
    "We're going to take our learning lumps I think early, but hopefully we can get on the same page as fast as possible," Hammon said. "We should be playing really solid basketball at the end of the year."
    The Shock, who finished 3-31 last season and are 9-59 since relocating, can't make that claim.
    "We just want to win a few games," said Kloppenburg, who takes over for interim coach Teresa Edwards after spending the last four seasons as an assistant with the Indiana Fever.
    If that's going to happen, the Shock will have to do so without last year's leading scorer and rebounder Tiffany Jones (former Jackson), who will sit out this season as she expects her first child.
    Tulsa will also be without second-year Australian center Liz Cambage until after the London Olympics.
    Without those two, fourth overall pick Glory Johnson out of Tennessee could make an even bigger impact down low for the Shock.
    Kloppenburg is also expecting big production from rookie guard Riquna Williams, Shenise Johnson's former teammate with the Hurricanes.
    "She kind of reminds me a little bit of Cappie (Pondexter) the way she can just elevate from the 3-point and shoot it and can get to the rim," he said. "... (Riquna has) had an impact on our team so far. So we're excited about our rookies and what they can bring to the team this year."
    The Shock also like the addition of veteran point guard Temeka Johnson, who was acquired from Phoenix for center Andrea Riley.
    The Silver Stars' offseason acquisition of center Tangela Smith, seventh in WNBA history with 2,318 rebounds, should help them after they were outrebounded by a league-worst 5.7 boards per game in 2011.
    San Antonio is undefeated in this series since a 75-70 home loss July 16, 2010.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I hit it also

Thanks Roxy

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

Rolling with an if bet Roxx, keep it going!

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Good start to the season.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

glad i took Chicago Sky early@-3 ,line is moving like crazy, -5 now

Devin22
    Devin22's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am in with a Teaser on Chicago Sky and San Antonio Silver Stars. Beaver Ball cash it!

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

anyone bet the Atlanta match?

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

Chicago game starts good luck all who tailed

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype

just added half a unit on Atlanta +7 @-110