BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Ohio +2 seems like a strong play

I haven't believed in USF all season.

I did have them making it to the round of 32 but that's only because I thought Cal sucked and Temple was a favorable matchup.

Their not going to get away with going 9 minutes without scoring today.

I think Ohio +2 has a pretty good chance of cashing.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

USF for me.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

im usf -2

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8433

i like usf

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Dominating Beastly Ferocious Defense Wins tournament games

USF = the 2000 Baltimore Ravens of college basketball

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

have no real desire to bet this gm but the amount of love for a usf team that turns it over damn near a quarter of their possessions is puzzling to me, especially considering ohio is second in the nation in to%...not the kind of formula i look for to make a play as strong as folks are touting usf around here...also wonder with the kind of energy usf puts out on the defensive end that fatigue may become a bit of a issue with the extra gm and all (not saying it is with any certainty but thought has crossed my mind once or twice)...then throw in the fact line moving down steadily since open even tho every thread you open is screaming how easy this is gonna be for usf is curious..not sure i remember such a mediocre team (imo anyway) getting so much pub love...obviously i think it either ohio or pass, good chance i pass but who knows, day is still young...gl brother

PR9

Here is what Pitino said right after USF out Louisville`d Louisville at their own game and style:

He was flustered, frustrated, and in total awe of USF`s methodical destruction of his team

`Bigger, stronger, and faster`

2daBank

who gives a flying fukk what Pitino said after his offensively retarded team got shut down? he should have said yea they a solid defensive group but ultimately it is on us because we have no fukkin clue how to run anything that resembles a coherent offense...

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not sure i remember such a mediocre team (imo anyway) getting so much pub love..
    people said the same thing about Butler at this time in the tournament 2 years ago.

how did that turn out

BathingApe
    BathingApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

This was the same crap I was reading on here right before the Temple game. So many people were ragging on USF for their offense and whatnot. Fact of the matter is that they're playing REALLY solid ball right now. I'm riding the train till it derails because they seem to keep on going. So if you're going to take Ohio just be wary of the fact that these USF guys are playing some of the best D I've seen from a team in a while.

PR9

and you and your silly turnover talk. FYI the difference between Ohio and USFs T-A rate is so negligible its not even worth discussing.

the difference is one possession per game. whoopte doo

Moreover, not only does USF have superior length to Ohio up front, but USF also has superior length on the wings.

And of course, its not like Ohio is some great shooting team. Ohio is a mediocre shooting team. In fact, USF has a higher FG% than Ohio does this season

so much for your silly analysis. Look at what really matters and wins these tournament games

ohio had a wuss cupcake schedule. they only played one ranked team this year, and lost. USF is like nothing they have seen before. USF has seen plenty of fukkin Ohios . Ohio will be running into a burning buzzsaw straight from hell tonight.
    Last edited by PR9; 03-18-12 at 11:55 AM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    people said the same thing about Butler at this time in the tournament 2 years ago.

how did that turn out

not sure what "ppl"you are referring to??????? Butler didnt turn it over a quarter of their possessions..you keep screaming defense wins in tourney and while i agree turnovers lose gms just as often..not a play i like either way but damn you act like usf something really special and while yes they are a strong defensive unit you still have to put the ball in the bucket and when you are a poor (at best) shooting team and turn it over 22.8% of the time, your bus ticket home is just waiting to be punched, not if but when....

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    and you and your silly turnover talk. FYI the difference between Ohio and USFs T-A rate is so negligible its not even worth discussing.

the difference is one possession per game. whoopte doo

Moreover, not only does USF have superior length to Ohio up front, but USF also has superior length on the wings.

And of course, its not like Ohio is some great shooting team. Ohio is a mediocre shooting team. In fact, USF has a higher FG% than Ohio does this season

so much for your silly analysis. Look at what really matters and wins these tournament games

ohio had a wuss cupcake schedule. They will be running into a buzzsaw straight from hell tonight

i love when someone who knows jack shit calls anything i say silly while going around posting the same stupid utube clip of what pitino said about a team as justification for taking them...bottom line this is gonna be a real shitshow...enjoy

fukkin awsome how a gm that will more than likely be played in the 50's you dont think a extra possesion or 2 matters..tells me all i need to know bout you..

oiris11
    oiris11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

After watching the final seconds of the USF-ND game, I just can't bet on USF with players that retarded.

Down 4 with 25 seconds left and they still tried to run the clock like they do every time. Problem here was they were down by 4 and you can't keep playing after the time ends, lol.
    I was like WTH!!, they may be a very good defensive team, but you need some brains to win games too.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Bet Ohio because nobody else will.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

fukkin awsome how a gm that will more than likely be played in the 50's you dont think a extra possesion or 2 matters..tells me all i need to know bout you..
    it wont matter against a team like ohio. Seriously man, who the fukk is ohio. okay theyre a nice team, but look at the CIT level teams they lost to. Who have they played.. USF played 10 ranked teams. Ohio, played one. ONE!

USF will do so many things on that court to fukk Ohio up and take them out of their game the extra possessions will be in USFs favor. Thats what USF does to teams like Ohio.

I guarantee you USF will have more FG attempts tonight

2daBank

i agree ohio is nothing special, if they were i would be all over them as usf is not a quality team overall, defensively yes but that is the extent of it...cant really argue the sos but you can generally say that about the majority of mid-majors coming in (maybe not as much any more as they have been scheduling tougher out of conf lately overall), playing the stronger teams doesnt always translate into more success as ohio could only play the teams in front of them, doesnt mean they cant compete (could have easily made same sos argument against mich)..

you are obviously really confident in usf and that is great i wish you all the best, i just dont see the things that get me excited about a wager on usf here, sure if usf values the rock and has quality possessions throughout the gm as you say they should roll, im just not sure why you are so confident in that happening...i really had no desire to touch this gm but have seen a lot of talk about usf today and decided to start chiming in, ultimately i will probably pass but lean to taking the team nobody giving a chance yet is only a 2 point dog....BOL

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

the michigan win was NOT as good as people think....they dont play much D and shoot jumpshots

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    the michigan win was NOT as good as people think....they dont play much D and shoot jumpshots
    oh i agree, just saying SOS wise mich played a much tougher schedule than Ohio as most of the big conf teams do over the mid-majors so i just dont really find that argument incredibly relevant...wasnt trying to compare the 2 teams really...

BigDofBA

So I'm the only person on this site taking Ohio?

I like it.

BigDofBA

You guys can load up on a team that got dismantled by Auburn. GL.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

this game is OU or pass. maybe 1H under but that's so low.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    So I'm the only person on this site taking Ohio?

I like it.
    im either with you on Ohio or passing..still havnt decided as i feel like im doing it to fade some ppl on here as i planned on passing till i started reading asinine statements about how great usf is..ironically from same ppl who told me msu was gonna run slu and then later that i got lucky...

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

i took ohio in a parlay i have ... i hate USF lmfao

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by oiris11 View Post
    After watching the final seconds of the USF-ND game, I just can't bet on USF with players that retarded.
    Then youve been missing out on money. Ive rode them HARD the first 2 games of the tournament (vs. cal & temple). Theyve covered the spread/ml/and one 2nd half of both games. Mind you, this is after i lost 2k on the same usf/nd meltdown that you are referring to in your post. Sometimes you just have the leave the past behind and move on, you know

BigDofBA

I'm not going big on his game so if I lose it's no sweat.

I feel that Ohio is the better team and USF is way overrated.

I could be wrong but the fact that everyone on this site is in love with USF makes me like my bet.

I liked Ohio before the line came out and when I saw it was only -2 confirmed my thinking.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

I feel like temple and Ohio are similar and look how usf dismantled temple.

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I think Ohio 1H is worth a look.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Then youve been missing out on money. Ive rode them HARD the first 2 games of the tournament (vs. cal & temple). Theyve covered the spread/ml/and one 2nd half of both games. Mind you, this is after i lost 2k on the same usf/nd meltdown that you are referring to in your post. Sometimes you just have the leave the past behind and move on, you know
    I had USF the first two games as well.

Before the tourney started someone had a USF/Cal thread. In that thread I stated USF was garbage but I had them winning two games and losing to Ohio just because they had a favorable draw against a garbage Cal team and a very average Temple team.

I have to stick to my guns. I want to go bigger but MAC teams always screw me.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Not taking my foot off of South Florida. Gotta keep riding them.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    I feel like temple and Ohio are similar and look how usf dismantled temple.

How is Temple similar to Ohio?

USF was great at home but very mediocre on the road this season. They lost by double digits to Georgetown, lost by 23 to VCU, lost to Penn State, and lost by double digits to Auburn.

I have watched them several times this year and while I think they play great defense, their horrible offense is going to catch up to them. I'm not nearly as impressed with them as this board is.

I could be wrong but I think they go down tonight. GL.

2daBank

yea i think some are seriously overrating usf...all those turnovers, terrible basketball iqs, anemic offense, d is very good but you gotta be able to put the biscuit in the basket some times.. not all that high on Ohio either is why im not really looking to play it..

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Played Ohio+2.5 here good luck all....

Good to see you back Banker

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Played Ohio+2.5 here good luck all....

Good to see you back Banker
    Sweet. So there is three of us on the entire board taking them.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Sweet. So there is three of us on the entire board taking them.

Yup think I may be the only one on the board playing Lehigh though....

123 Last