Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
I'm not surprised they're blowing it. I'm a Big 12 homer but coming into this tournament I didn't expect the conference as whole to do much.

We had some solid teams but they were no where near as good as their rankings. Baylor actually has the most talent but their coach is a complete dumbass. I'm not sure they can go far on talent alone.

Kansas was supposed to be rebuilding this year. Their talent level isn't nearly as high as it has been. They are just like Duke. They overachieved this year. I'm not surprised Duke lost and now Kansas is losing.

Mizzou....they're flaky. I think it's funny they lost to Norfolk St. Good riddance. Have fun in the SEC.
About as close as it gets to cover the -8 2nd half.... Yeah I am a Big 10 homer and just didn't think Purdue had the raw talent to stay with Kansas all game. Hummel played his ass off though in his last college game. He did everything he could to get a Purdue win. As a big 10 fan I am glad to see 4 of the final 16 teams representing your conference. Kind of a validation of conference strength.

As far as the Big 12 in the tourney so far, I have been impressed with only Baylor. However as you mentioned there coach is not the sharpest guy. I still think they could give Kentucky a run for there money though assuming Kentucky gets past Indiana.

It was good to see Mizzo get knocked out especially after all the hype for there team. A team full of small guards with no big man is never going to make it too far in this Tournament IMO.