Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Why isn't anyone ticked off at the mother of one of the boys? According to the story I read on espn.com this morning, she "eventually" reported the incident to someone at her son's high school. Doesn't ANY parent with one ounce of sanity go directly to some law enforcement agency? Call 911. Do SOMETHING, dammit! In all this mess, she's near the top of the list when it comes to people who royally screwed up.

You are exactly right. Good post. For all parties involved this is a bad situation. I can see all sides of the story. Clearly Joe Pa did not want this negative attention brought to his program. Clearly the mother and the kid did not want this type of attention either. Just a shame that there are sick people in this world that would do stuff like this.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Why isn't anyone ticked off at the mother of one of the boys? According to the story I read on espn.com this morning, she "eventually" reported the incident to someone at her son's high school. Doesn't ANY parent with one ounce of sanity go directly to some law enforcement agency? Call 911. Do SOMETHING, dammit! In all this mess, she's near the top of the list when it comes to people who royally screwed up.

are you serious?

dont blame jerry, joe or the higher ups, but blame the parent for not telling the police..some ole blame the accused and not the accuser

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by LP™ View Post
    Paterno is on Michael Corleone Godfather III status right now.
    i agree, but fukkkkkkkkk that. he knew he knew he fukkin knew. went on right next to him how could he not know?
    This shit fuks kids up man, blow this case UP and get some people fukkin canned!!!! you cannot have this type shit, schools are supposed to be the safe place, not the place where sex offenders eagerly try to get employed so they can do shit.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

He is just saying that the incident should have been reported a LONG time ago. If it had then there would be no need for this media hoopla that is going on now.

One thing is for certain though, Penn State will not win another football game this season unless they win a bowl game.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Love it. Paterno is definitely the latter.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    He is just saying that the incident should have been reported a LONG time ago. If it had then there would be no need for this media hoopla that is going on now.

One thing is for certain though, Penn State will not win another football game this season unless they win a bowl game.
    You're right about one thing: if this had been reported in 2002 vs. today, I doubt the media would've paid any attention to it.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    i agree, but fukkkkkkkkk that. he knew he knew he fukkin knew. went on right next to him how could he not know?
    This shit fuks kids up man, blow this case UP and get some people fukkin canned!!!! you cannot have this type shit, schools are supposed to be the safe place, not the place where sex offenders eagerly try to get employed so they can do shit.
    exactly!!! omg.. damn i wish penn state could get the death penalty.....people got their priorities messed up

jim tressel cover up some tattoo so players can get some cash in their pocket..but penn state got pedophiles running around

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

when I see shiit like this, i wish that i could get a feed straight to my computer when sandusky gets the fuk beat out of him in jail. kinda want to see his face when he has that 9 inch black rooster getting rammed up his ass.

does that make me a bad person? man pedophilia is just so fukked up. i know two wrongs don't make a right.....but i would enjoy to see this man experience pain. this kind of stuff is just too wrong.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    You either die a hero.... or live long enough to become the villain!
    Love it. Paterno is definitely the latter.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Yes I'm serious. Unless Paterno was the one committing these crimes leave the guy alone. He's old , he doesn't need to be put through this nonsense. Its rediculous that the media brings up stuff like this right in the middle of the season. I wish ESPN and the NCAA would get back to reporting the great games and stop trying to be like TMZ.

Yeah what that one dude did was wrong and he is in Jail right? There is no need to bring all this negative attention to Joe Paterno and the rest of college football.
    You sound like a sick fuk nambla member pedophile yourself...otherwise you would never defend this shit. Have some common sense dipshit. Sandusky has obviously been a molester his whole life and worked 32 years with paterno. You are telling me paterno didnt know? Bullshit! I hope sandusky, paterno and anyone else that knew about this shit burns in hell.

How can you care about penn state football and paternos future, when you know they both facilitated child rape. Would you feel the same way if your son told you sandusky did this to him? I just had a boy and I would do everything in my power to kill sandusky and bring paterno and anyone else that covered up for sandusky to justice.

Seriously, how can you worry about foitball games and paternos future after reading that grand jury report. Makes ne atick to my stomach and puts all of sports into perspective. Nothing is more important than protecting our children from these sick molester fuks.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

No Con I don't know why you are attacking me , all im saying is this has nothing to do with sports so ESPN should not report it. I watch sports b/c I want to watch something "light" leave it to fox news to report all the negative stuff.

and the other thing i'm saying is Joe Paterno should not be fired.
    Last edited by Big Bear; 11-07-11 at 01:43 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    You sound like a sick fuk nambla member pedophile yourself...otherwise you would never defend this shit. Have some common sense dipshit. Sandusky has obviously been a molester his whole life and worked 32 years with paterno. You are telling me paterno didnt know? Bullshit! I hope sandusky, paterno and anyone else that knew about this shit burns in hell.

How can you care about penn state football and paternos future, when you know they both facilitated child rape. Would you feel the same way if your son told you sandusky did this to him? I just had a boy and I would do everything in my power to kill sandusky and bring paterno and anyone else that covered up for sandusky to justice.

Seriously, how can you worry about foitball games and paternos future after reading that grand jury report. Makes ne atick to my stomach and puts all of sports into perspective. Nothing is more important than protecting our children from these sick molester fuks.

Again... all im saying is Joe Paterno should not be fired. I am NOT defending Sandusky. Some of you guys must be on your periods

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

And I don't care about Penn State football. I plan on making some serious cash betting against them the next 3 weeks. I think Penn State is the most overrated football team in the country. They have a decent defense but they have no offense.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You are exactly right. Good post. For all parties involved this is a bad situation. I can see all sides of the story. Clearly Joe Pa did not want this negative attention brought to his program. Clearly the mother and the kid did not want this type of attention either. Just a shame that there are sick people in this world that would do stuff like this.
    Unreal.

The school's reputation and hiding the BS under the rug is more important than stopping a sexual predator????

Ridiculous.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Again... all im saying is Joe Paterno should not be fired. I am NOT defending Sandusky. Some of you guys must be on your periods
    again, so it is ok that some one can come to joe paterno and tell him that his friend he has known for over 30 years is digging out and topping off young boys and all he says is i will tell the a.d...get the fuk outta here!

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    The law says all you have to do is tell someone above you at work and be done with it?
    basically yes.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I mean the grad student saw this, and he told the coach. I don't get how it did not get reported to the police at all. and why the higher ups would lie about it, and think it was just 'horsing around'.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Why should Paterno be allowed to keep his job?

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

nebraska rolls.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

To say paterno obviously knew I think is were people are wrong... your telling me you know what all your friends are doing at all times? Common ... I have life long friends idk what they are doing right this second or have in the past... let all the facts come out before you try to bury paterno

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I have never been so sick to my stomach as I was when I read the grand jury report. This guy is the absolute scum of the fukking earth and that the people in charge tried to cover it up is a disgrace.

It's really sad that this could lead to the end of the Paterno era. We can argue back and forth about what Paterno needed to do. Personally, I think he had a moral obligation to do more but I think we need to examine this situation more closely.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    To say paterno obviously knew I think is were people are wrong... your telling me you know what all your friends are doing at all times? Common ... I have life long friends idk what they are doing right this second or have in the past... let all the facts come out before you try to bury paterno
    Uh, the graduate assistant told Paterno what was going on. He did the correct thing legally but when he didnt see any results not following up on it is morally reprehensible. Anyone who knew anything but didnt report it should get jail time. How many more kids got raped because they didn't make sure the police knew what was happening?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why should Paterno be allowed to keep his job?

I don't know man. I have just always liked Joe Pa and I feel bad for him that the media is trying to burry him right now. That is all. I guess it does not matter what i think anyway.

I am a Ohio State fan so it's not like I care about Penn State football. I think Joe Pa is a legend and if he does retire it should be on good terms and not some embarrasing thing that he did NOT have any part in.

Could he have done more? yes should he have gone to the police yes? but does that make him a criminal or a bad person? I think not.

and besides we dont' know all the facts. Just look at Justin Bieber the media has ruined his reputation by saying he knocked up some girl and nobody even knows if its true but everyone is going around saying it.
    Last edited by Big Bear; 11-07-11 at 02:44 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Again, if the grad assistant went to Paterno, and Paterno reported it to the AD, and the grand jury decided without a doubt that the AD knew the intimate details of the incident, then how would Paterno not know what happened?

t-wizzle

Why should Paterno be fired no coin

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I don't know man. I have just always liked Joe Pa and I feel bad for him that the media is trying to burry him right now. That is all. I guess it does not matter what i think anyway.

I am a Ohio State fan so it's not like I care about Penn State football. I think Joe Pa is a legend and if he does retire it should be on good terms and not some embarrasing thing that he have any part in.

Could he have done more? yes should he have gone to the police yes? but does that make him a criminal or a bad person? I think not.

and besides we dont' know all the facts. Just look at Justin Bieber the media has ruined his reputation by saying he knocked up some girl and nobody even knows if its true but everyone is going around saying it.
    So this is the media's fault? The media didn't fabricate a story just to nail poor ol' JoePa.

And Justin Bieber? Wow.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Why should Paterno be fired no coin
    Knowing what we know, I think the more proper question would be why should he be allowed to keep his job at this point.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Knowing what we know, I think the more proper question would be why should he be allowed to keep his job at this point.
    No. You are making assumptions. What did you want Paterno to do? What exactly do you know that we don't?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

people not getting it..... joe paterno is penn state, more power than the a.d, the president, anybody!!! he wield power there and i'm suppose to sit here and believe that he "just" told the a.d. that his friend of thirty years is messing with boys

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I didn't even read this entire thread... just answer OP's statement...

Yes, he will survive... because we don't actually know what was said to him originally on that day? ESPN is reporting that JoePa said... something of concern happened... but nothing was ever explained to him in full detail. I believe his statement. He did the right thing by telling the AD... JoePa isn't God. He is a worker just like anyone... and he did the right thing. It's not his job to go up to anyone and say... "Hey, did you fu#$ this kid up the a$$?" Can you imagine a comment like that? It's almost a form of sexual harassment. And if he is wrong... he could get sued for making a statement or suggestion like that. You can't just assume here-say is accurate. And by no means (in my book) was it important enough to go to the police with it. People exaggerate stories every single day... JoePa did the right thing on that day... tell the AD... and back to his own work.

As of the current day... we know something happened. It's easy to point the finger at JoePa. But, on that day... he did nothing wrong in my book. I would of done the same thing. Go about my own business and tell the AD. There's nothing more he could of done.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Paterno is not a target for the investigators stop trying to make him it

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    No. You are making assumptions. What did you want Paterno to do? What exactly do you know that we don't?
    The grand jury said the AD knew the specific details of the incident. That is a fact. He resigned. That is a fact.

If Paterno was the one who reported it to the AD, how did he not know the specifics if the AD did?

Paterno had a moral responsibility and obligation to do the right thing here. Instead, he did only what he was legally obligated to do. You don't think skipping over the former is a fireable offense, especially given the AD and VP involved just resigned?

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    He did the correct thing legally but when he didnt see any results not following up on it is morally reprehensible.
    Joe sat in families homes asking them to trust him with their kid's future. The one f'n thing he can look out for is what happens in the football dept.

If a recruits mom asked what would have happened with allegations like this. does Joe Pa answer

a. i do everything i can to make sure this is fully investigated and any wrong doing is punished. I personally look into the situation as this is a man i have known and worked with for many years.

or

b. i tell my boss.

Of all the people to do nothing, it shocks me it was Joe. He preaches family over and over.. this is how you look out for your family?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Paterno is not a target for the investigators stop trying to make him it
    I'm not saying Paterno should face criminal charges for this -- I'm saying he should lose his job over it. Big difference.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I didn't even read this entire thread... just answer OP's statement...

Yes, he will survive... because we don't actually know what was said to him originally on that day? ESPN is reporting that JoePa said... something of concern happened... but nothing was ever explained to him in full detail. I believe his statement. He did the right thing by telling the AD... JoePa isn't God. He is a worker just like anyone... and he did the right thing. It's not his job to go up to anyone and say... "Hey, did you fu#$ this kid up the a$$?" Can you imagine a comment like that? It's almost a form of sexual harassment. And if he is wrong... he could get sued for making a statement or suggestion like that. You can't just assume here-say is accurate. And by no means (in my book) was it important enough to go to the police with it. People exaggerate stories every single day... JoePa did the right thing on that day... tell the AD... and back to his own work.

As of the current day... we know something happened. It's easy to point the finger at JoePa. But, on that day... he did nothing wrong in my book. I would of done the same thing. Go about my own business and tell the AD. There's nothing more he could of done.
    You're trusting Paterno's statement?

Again, how can the AD know specifics of the incident but Paterno didn't, when Paterno is the one who reported it to the AD?

First 123456 ... Last