mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Dan Hardy also looked beastly on Primetime.
    Thats because dan hardy is a beast

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Thats because dan hardy is a beast
    Wolf heart. ����

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Everyone givig Hendricks wrestling wayyyyyy too much credit. He is an NCAA champ not an Olympic caliber wrestler like a DC. Very weak ground game for Johnny he can potential get you down using his basic Greco roman style wrestling which he had success with in college..... From there he can't do much but lay and pray No sub game that really scares me and his ground and pound is weak. On the feet he fights exactly like current Dan Henderson throwing his money punch over and over praying find the chin. Also like Dan does not use his wrestling very often, another wrestler with a chip on his shoulder, trying to prove to the world he can strike. Matt Hughes did it so you can't rule out a KO completely but I am rather confident with Rush. Expecting a jab and kick heavy attack with tons of takedown attempts. He attempts 17 take downs again like he did vs Diaz and there is no way Hendricks can win this.

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way GSP takes Hendricks down in the first 2 rounds.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by rosietop View Post
    Av bet? If he does, you have to rock a personalized WB Avatar on SBR/Sherdog for a month. If he doesn't I'll rock a Crewman/90 jersey Avatar for a month.

We got a friendly deal?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Av bet? If he does, you have to rock a personalized WB Avatar on SBR/Sherdog for a month. If he doesn't I'll rock a Crewman/90 jersey Avatar for a month.

We got a friendly deal?
    Wanna he is say No Way aka you should get better than Even odds.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Everyone givig Hendricks wrestling wayyyyyy too much credit. He is an NCAA champ not an Olympic caliber wrestler like a DC. Very weak ground game for Johnny he can potential get you down using his basic Greco roman style wrestling which he had success with in college..... From there he can't do much but lay and pray No sub game that really scares me and his ground and pound is weak. On the feet he fights exactly like current Dan Henderson throwing his money punch over and over praying find the chin. Also like Dan does not use his wrestling very often, another wrestler with a chip on his shoulder, trying to prove to the world he can strike. Matt Hughes did it so you can't rule out a KO completely but I am rather confident with Rush. Expecting a jab and kick heavy attack with tons of takedown attempts. He attempts 17 take downs again like he did vs Diaz and there is no way Hendricks can win this.
    good to know, I have GSP also.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Wanna he is say No Way aka you should get better than Even odds.
    That's Crewman talk for probably won't take him down. If he added 'motherroostering' between no & way, I would've asked for better than evens...

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Against Bobby Voelker and the lifeless corpse of Josh Koscheck.
    i guess i was late to the party. was checking out that line for weeks. I miss one day and wallah. sons of bitches. The rat bastids

rosietop

We got a friendly deal?
    are you kidding me? of course. consider it done.

And by "takedown" I mean a full takedown where Johny is pinned to the ground for more than like 7 seconds.

Won't count: pushing him up against the cage, Take him down then Johny gets back up immediately via scramble or cagewalk.

Im actually more surprised that you guys dont believe me that GSP cant take him down...

Koscheck took GSP down in the first round in both fights (the latter with a broken orbital bone mind you) and irrc Johny took Koscheck down so I fail to see how you think GSP will easily take Johny down in the first 2 rounds when Johny is at his strongest.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

And by "takedown" I mean a full takedown where Johny is pinned to the ground for more than like 7 seconds.

Won't count: pushing him up against the cage, Take him down then Johny gets back up immediately via scramble or cagewalk.

Im actually more surprised that you guys dont believe me that GSP cant take him down...

Koscheck took GSP down in the first round in both fights (the latter with a broken orbital bone mind you) and irrc Johny took Koscheck down so I fail to see how you think GSP will easily take Johny down in the first 2 rounds when Johny is at his strongest.
    Alright my nig. Consider it a deal.

Your logic is fatally flawed regarding Koscheck's offensive wrestling (which is outstanding and who took Johny down and held him for the final 90 seconds of their fight, not the other way around) as the basis for Johny's defensive wrestling which will somehow be able to stuff GSP's brilliantly timed shot. Your best bet is to prey that Johny lands that patented KO in the first minute or two or else I'm pretty certain you'll be rocking a WB Av across both forums for a month. GL Crew

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Your logic is fatally flawed regarding Koscheck's offensive wrestling (which is outstanding and who took Johny down and held him for the final 90 seconds of their fight, not the other way around) as the basis for Johny's defensive wrestling which will somehow be able to stuff GSP's brilliantly timed shot. Your best bet is to prey that Johny lands that patented KO in the first minute or two or else I'm pretty certain you'll be rocking a WB Av across both forums for a month. GL Crew
    Gentlemen it is now official!

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

So takedown by GSP on Hendricks within 2 rnds. I think he gets it done. Think he can use his fast hands to setup at least one solid td. Good luck regardless.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

So where Rick Story, Josh Koscheck, Charlie Brenneman and Mike Pierce succeeded, GSP will surely fail.

Glad we got acquainted with this one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Nick Papageorgio

rosietop

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    So where Rick Story, Josh Koscheck, Charlie Brenneman and Mike Pierce succeeded, GSP will surely fail.

Glad we got acquainted with this one.
    Oh so its like that is it? So tell me holy one why cant Hendricks do what Matt Serra did?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

what? this makes zero sense. Firstly, I dont see how Kos taking down GSP early in a fight means that GSP cant take Hendricks down early in the fight?! Lots of fighters are better offensively than they are defensively. For example, Rick Story can take a lot of guys down but he is also pretty easy to takedown. Didnt Brenneman take Hendricks down early in their fight? if I recall many scored the first round in Brenneman's favour

Secondly, did KOs break his orbital bone in opening couple minutes? If you take somebody down in 1st round, then break your leg in the 4th, you cant claim "I took X down despite having a broken leg"!!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

oh, I've basically said what Wanna has already pointed out abvoe. Main point being here that there is a difference between offensive wrestling and defensive wrestling!

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Oh so its like that is it? So tell me holy one why cant Hendricks do what Matt Serra did?

Who says he cant?

rosietop

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Secondly, did Kos break his orbital bone in opening couple minutes? If you take somebody down in 1st round, then break your leg in the 4th, you cant claim "I took X down despite having a broken leg"!!!!
    well maybe you should stop laughing Vaughany since Kos broke his orbital from the very first punch GSP threw which was a solid jab in the very first round.

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Who says he cant?
    That wasent the point. The point was since Matt Serra who was a mid tier TUF winner back then easily defeated GSP the champion, obviously a wrestling champ elite fighter with power in his hands will easily knock GSP out.

Stupid logic right?

Thats what I was trying to point out.
    Last edited by rosietop; 11-13-13 at 10:26 AM.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Who says he cant?
    Cuz Georges said he underestimated Serra and slacked off prepping for that fight.

That fight is the whole reason he fights such a low-risk style to this day. He knows it only takes one punch to lose everything he built. The closest anyone has come to seriously hurting him in over 6 years since then is Shields blinding him with pokes and Condit landing a head kick.

Hendricks can 100% finish the fight if he lands, but I think 9 times out of 10 Georges neutralizes that with superior strategy.

I think Hendricks will gas pretty hard too if/when he gets dragged into deep water.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ye thts what crazy Bob Cook said who is his manager. It was the constant barrage of jabs over the course of fight that fuucked it up. the swelling started in the 1st but wasnt until third were the doctors started checking

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

well maybe you should stop laughing Vaughany since Kos broke his orbital from the very first punch GSP threw which was a solid jab in the very first round.

That wasent the point. The point was since Matt Serra who was a mid tier TUF winner back then easily defeated GSP the champion, obviously a wrestling champ elite fighter with power in his hands will easily knock GSP out.

Stupid logic right?

Thats what I was trying to point out.
    Except....you're the one who was dealing in certitudes. And ones that are actually contrary to a well established patter... you know what, never mind. Your logic is infallible.

Seriously guys, if we don't do something this one's gonna hurt himself.

Luck with the picks!

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Generally, long standing champs have shown chinks in the armor before the actually lose (A. Silva vs Sonnen Fedor vs Rogers and Arloski). GSP hasnt shown any such thing yet. In fact, in the 45 rounds GSP has fought since his lost to Serra he has only lost 2 of them. LOST 2 ROUNDS OUT OF 45. Why on God's green earth anyone would bet against that guy i will never know. But as usual the books will need GSP to win, just like they always need Jon Jones to win. Just like they always need Mayweather to win. Doesn't say much for the betting public.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I saw fear in gsps eyes at the weigh in. Big rig got this.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    I saw fear in gsps eyes at the weigh in. Big rig got this.
    At the staredown it seemed like he was jumping around trying to look tuff but looked like nervousness to me.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

I agree with both of you guys. I seen the same thing. I stayed away from this match until the props came out. Took Hendricks via TKO & Hendricks R1 & R2. GSP will make serious bank for the rematch in Canada.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

You just won a bet.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

Fight went exactly how I thought it would but forgot to factor in the corrupt Nevada judges. what a fukkin joke! GSP backers make any excuse u want how he may have won whatever rounds but the fact is GSPs face was a mess cuz he took the most damage he got beat up. feel pretty bad for JH hope he eventually gets what he earned here tonite.

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

The two judges who favoured GSP should step down,it is beyond me how anyone who watched that last night could side with him.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Change your avy, clap clap clap clap.

rosietop

There you go Wanna Bet. You just lost. As per rules GSP did not hold Hendricks pinned down for more than 7 seconds within the first 2 rounds.

You dont have to change you're avatars bro, just acknowledge that you lost the bet because I know more about mma than you, thats enough for me.
    Last edited by rosietop; 11-18-13 at 04:14 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Man poor Ron Paul. His first dog and he gets robbed. Not fair

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

There you go Wanna Bet. You just lost. As per rules GSP did not hold Hendricks pinned down for more than 7 seconds within the first 2 rounds.

You dont have to change you're avatars bro, just acknowledge that you lost the bet because I know more about mma than you, thats enough for me.
    Firstly, I'd like to compliment you on your confidence in Johny's wrestling regardless of the flawed logic you demonstrated (re: offensive versus defensive wrestling) and the graded outcome of the bet.

Now the terms of the bet were:
    (1) GSP completes a legit TD with a pin, and the duration of "like 7 seconds" was used
    (2) The TD isn't a cage-drag type TD where Johny immediately escapes
    (3) It happens within the first 2 rounds

I imagine we won't argue the double-leg TD. That much was undeniable. The pin & time is contentious. GSP pinned his shoulders to the mat but Johny almost immediately attempts an elevator sweep. GSP maintains top position in the scramble and abandons position for submission before Johny narrowly escapes and scrambles up. The TD sequence took just over 8 seconds (see clock below).

That's as close to a PUSH bet as it comes; I don't care for you to rock a WB avatar for a month because even if I feel you were technically wrong, it was a technicality. Johny's wrestling was on-point and I tip my hat to you.

Now, if you feel that I'm off-base then I'm happy to have a tribunal of 3 SBR/Sherdog members who make a majority ruling on the outcome of the bet. If the judges feel I'm wrong, I'll gladly accept defeat and rock a Crewman avatar. I may be a shady Jew but I'm no Welsher.

What I won't do is "just acknowledge that I lost the bet because you know more about MMA than me"... that wasn't in the spirit of the bet and I'll never make that admission to anyone...

...except of course to 18-1 Gaberz.

First 1234 Last