rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

just admit it wannabet you clearly lost because in that small takedown sequence gsp had Hendricks pinned on his back for a mere 3 seconds, it is not a push, it is a loss for you. I did say a scramble was not counted so I dont know why you are including the scramble into the timeframe? Just admit it bro, everyone knows it.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by rosietop View Post
    just admit it wannabet you clearly lost because in that small takedown sequence gsp had Hendricks pinned on his back for a mere 3 seconds, it is not a push, it is a loss for you. I did say a scramble was not counted so I dont know why you are including the scramble into the timeframe? Just admit it bro, everyone knows it.
    No you did not.

are you kidding me? of course. consider it done.

And by "takedown" I mean a full takedown where Johny is pinned to the ground for more than like 7 seconds.

Won't count: pushing him up against the cage, Take him down then Johny gets back up immediately via scramble or cagewalk.

Im actually more surprised that you guys dont believe me that GSP cant take him down...

Koscheck took GSP down in the first round in both fights (the latter with a broken orbital bone mind you) and irrc Johny took Koscheck down so I fail to see how you think GSP will easily take Johny down in the first 2 rounds when Johny is at his strongest.
    That's what you said about scrambling. He didn't get up during that scramble until after the time suggested by WB.

Wannabet is being a very good sport about this, no idea why you're not.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Wannabet wins via 8 seconds. Wannabet got lucky but he wins nonetheless.

rosietop

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    No you did not.

That's what you said about scrambling. He didn't get up during that scramble until after the time suggested by WB.

Wannabet is being a very good sport about this, no idea why you're not.
    Dude so you admit that it was a scramble? Like I pointed out before the fight, scrambles dont count!!

WannaBet clearly lost this bet and now hes trying to twist his interpretation of the rules after getting his ass handed to him.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Is as close to a push as it comes.

rosietop

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Is as close to a push as it comes.
    dude stop talking shit.

gsp clearly did not have johnys back pinned down on the ground for more than 7 seconds. And like I said before the fight scrambles do not count the only thing that counts is gsp keeping johny on his back for more than 7 seconds.

wannabet clearly lost and hes not honoring the bet. chip that big ego off just because you are educated in the medical field does not exempt you from being a human with short comings.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Firstly, I'd like to compliment you on your confidence in Johny's wrestling regardless of the flawed logic you demonstrated (re: offensive versus defensive wrestling) and the graded outcome of the bet.

Now the terms of the bet were:
    (1) GSP completes a legit TD with a pin, and the duration of "like 7 seconds" was used
    (2) The TD isn't a cage-drag type TD where Johny immediately escapes
    (3) It happens within the first 2 rounds

I imagine we won't argue the double-leg TD. That much was undeniable. The pin & time is contentious. GSP pinned his shoulders to the mat but Johny almost immediately attempts an elevator sweep. GSP maintains top position in the scramble and abandons position for submission before Johny narrowly escapes and scrambles up. The TD sequence took just over 8 seconds (see clock below).

That's as close to a PUSH bet as it comes; I don't care for you to rock a WB avatar for a month because even if I feel you were technically wrong, it was a technicality. Johny's wrestling was on-point and I tip my hat to you.

Now, if you feel that I'm off-base then I'm happy to have a tribunal of 3 SBR/Sherdog members who make a majority ruling on the outcome of the bet. If the judges feel I'm wrong, I'll gladly accept defeat and rock a Crewman avatar. I may be a shady Jew but I'm no Welsher.

What I won't do is "just acknowledge that I lost the bet because you know more about MMA than me"... that wasn't in the spirit of the bet and I'll never make that admission to anyone...

...except of course to 18-1 Gaberz.

Noleafclover

If I had to score it I'd score it for you, because it was roughly equal to that amount of time but doesn't strike me as in the spirit of the bet, though I'd have happily taken the other side before the fight. Is pretty damn close though or there wouldn't be a need to discuss it.

MD

Dude so you admit that it was a scramble? Like I pointed out before the fight, scrambles dont count!!

WannaBet clearly lost this bet and now hes trying to twist his interpretation of the rules after getting his ass handed to him.
    No you didn't.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    If I had to score it I'd score it for you, because it was roughly equal to that amount of time but doesn't strike me as in the spirit of the bet, though I'd have happily taken the other side before the fight. Is pretty damn close though or there wouldn't be a need to discuss it.
    It's the opposite. His stipulations were clearly to make sure that only "real" takedowns counted, and if Hendricks immediately returned to his feet, it did not count. Now he is saying that it does not count that GSP got a takedown, advanced position, and attempted a submission with it. How much more effective can a takedown be? The guy was in a choke. Now he's inventing things like "scrambles don't count", which he never said, and just generally being dishonest.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

maybe someone mentioned this already (i wasnt following the event thread), but did anyone else notice hendricks' fake tap during the sub attempt?

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    maybe someone mentioned this already (i wasnt following the event thread), but did anyone else notice hendricks' fake tap during the sub attempt?

I did notice it during the fight. However, there was no submission being applied. And GSP did not acknowledge that there had been a tap either. So I just shrugged it off.

MD

I've never seen a bigger non-controversy than that Hendricks tap. Couldn't be further from legitimate.

Noleafclover

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    It's the opposite. His stipulations were clearly to make sure that only "real" takedowns counted, and if Hendricks immediately returned to his feet, it did not count. Now he is saying that it does not count that GSP got a takedown, advanced position, and attempted a submission with it. How much more effective can a takedown be? The guy was in a choke. Now he's inventing things like "scrambles don't count", which he never said, and just generally being dishonest.
    Oh I forgot there was an advanced position/sub attempt. NM grade it the other way.
    Points Awarded:

MD gave Noleafclover 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This wouldn't fly in PT. Time for a mod to step in and deal with Roseanne Barr swiftly.

First 1234