Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    I definitely think Hendricks is GSP's biggest threat. He will nullify most of his takedown attempts and force GSP to stand with him. And we all know that Hendricks has the power to KO anyone. Hendricks will have to KO GSP in the first 2 rounds. GSP's advantage will grow stronger as Hendricks gets more tired in the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Very excited for this fight.
    I couldn't agree more... In the first 2 rounds, Hendricks will be a nightmare for GSP.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

GSP -225........

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

GSP -240 now. hey sacrelicious u must be going pretty big on him if u had him capped at -500 huh? fukk its hard to bet against GSP cuz noone can ever do anything against him but i just feel like Johnny has the wrestling skills and knockout power for a decent shot at a W. im going with Hendricks straight up and a McDonald Hendricks parlay for a nice just about 3-1 payout!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I parlayed Hendricks with Tate for an amazing number

too big for me to count

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love how people link Johny Hendricks to Weidman, just because Weidman is new to the sport and beat the seasoned champion does not mean that Hendricks will do the same.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

Im more linking it to the fact that Hendricks has the perfect tools to take down GSP like Weedman had the perfect tools to take down Silva. plus you could say that champions have been falling lately and GSP sure has been champ for awhile... his time must be coming up soon.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by SEKTAUR View Post
    GSP -240 now. hey sacrelicious u must be going pretty big on him if u had him capped at -500 huh? fukk its hard to bet against GSP cuz noone can ever do anything against him but i just feel like Johnny has the wrestling skills and knockout power for a decent shot at a W. im going with Hendricks straight up and a McDonald Hendricks parlay for a nice just about 3-1 payout!
    Pounded it, though I'm not discounting the fact that Hendricks can win here. This line is really, really silly. Not as ridiculous as the Weidman/Silva line, but still, there is a huge edge here on GSP in my humble opinion.

rosietop

Im more linking it to the fact that Hendricks has the perfect tools to take down GSP like Weedman had the perfect tools to take down Silva. plus you could say that champions have been falling lately and GSP sure has been champ for awhile... his time must be coming up soon.
    thats exactly what im talking about "gsp is the champion and his time must be coming up now since the previous champ Anderson Silva lost".

The thing is Anderson losing has absolutely no correlation with GSP losing.

Johny Hendricks IS the better wrestler I can guarantee you that. However being the better wrestler means absolutely nothing if you have bad cardio right?

Koscheck took GSP down, its not like the fight is already won if Johny takes GSP down.

I believe this will be a very close fight and I think GSP takes a split decision (albeit a controversial one). You gotta clearly win all the rounds to become the new champ remember that. If the fight is close the benefit of the doubt will always go to the champ as it should.

On the feet GSP is very tricky, he has great footwork.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by rosietop View Post
    I believe this will be a very close fight and I think GSP takes a split decision (albeit a controversial one). You gotta clearly win all the rounds to become the new champ remember that. If the fight is close the benefit of the doubt will always go to the champ as it should.
    What? No way dude. It shouldnt go to the champ just because he is the champ nor always does. Also the fight is being scored round by round....its not like if its a close fight they throw the scorecards to the trashcan and award the champ. I hate this kind of thinking. If the fight is a close encounter score it to the one who did a little better.....if its even closer and cant choose make it a draw. Dont give it to the faggy champ. Why? Does he deserve it more because he has a bentley? non-sense bro

Also, clearly win all the rounds? 3 round to 2 is good enough to beat any champ

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

TS iz crazee in iz 'ed!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hendricks kind of faded in the 3rd against Condit (though I guess the pace had a lot to do with it). With some of the obvious advantages GSP has, unless you're really seeing Hendricks stopping GSP in the early stages, don't bother.

Already put my happy meal money on GSP, I think it's a steal at anything better than -300

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

GSP 'av tha ad-van-taje

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I think odds are fair. Being how GSP is a top fighter and plays it as safe as you can play it, I'd like to bet on him here. Always feel more comfortable betting the better competitor who you know will try to make it his fight and play it safe as all hell if he has too.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Hendricks kind of faded in the 3rd against Condit (though I guess the pace had a lot to do with it). With some of the obvious advantages GSP has, unless you're really seeing Hendricks stopping GSP in the early stages, don't bother.

Already put my happy meal money on GSP, I think it's a steal at anything better than -300
    Yes Hendricks is the one most likely to gas in this fight. Gsp getting tired in the nick diaz fight isn't relevant. He had the "start of a fever" and he was fighting with an injured Achilles tendon. In the condit fight he was coming off major surgery and a 1.5 year layoff. What would concern me the most is johnnys punching power and GSP's talk of retiring. You would think a lack of motivation could hurt him but of course its Georges so I would also assume a high level of professionalism because he has always demonstrated that.

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    GSP did looked like he was getting tired quicker than before in the Diaz fight. Hendricks is gonna need a GSP on the decline because you could make an argument he lost to Condit, Koscheck, Pierce, even TJ Grant point deduction saved him in that fight, in addition to his loss to Rick Story. His record could look very different
    Yeah hes had a lot of close fights. I've thought of this too. Most of them are against guys that can wrestle. Georges is better than all of them and his striking should be enough to deal with Hendricks but one thing to consider is if GSP does get tagged he might not have the wrestling out that he normally has. For instance when Condit caught him he was able to take him down to avoid further damage. Hendricks will be able to stop that takedown. At least he has a better chance.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Yeah hes had a lot of close fights. I've thought of this too. Most of them are against guys that can wrestle. Georges is better than all of them and his striking should be enough to deal with Hendricks but one thing to consider is if GSP does get tagged he might not have the wrestling out that he normally has. For instance when Condit caught him he was able to take him down to avoid further damage. Hendricks will be able to stop that takedown. At least he has a better chance.
    He didn't take Condit down to stop the TKO. Condit swarmed from on top while GSP was in guard before eventually scrambling up (I haven't rewatched it recently but I believe that GSP had a deep half leading to the scramble). Hendricks doesn't have a good top game. He's easy to scramble up from which is why he always has big TD numbers. The pseudo-mathletes will tell you otherwise but 1 TD is better than 7 TDs a round: GSP typically just needs 1 unlike Johny who has poor top control and continues to have to spam them to control the fight.

I wouldn't be worried about GSP's TD & scrambling ability. Either Johny lays him out with that left hook shovel punch or GSP survives and doesn't lose because his TD is stuffed... I'm leaning towards the latter.

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    He didn't take Condit down to stop the TKO. Condit swarmed from on top while GSP was in guard before eventually scrambling up (I haven't rewatched it recently but I believe that GSP had a deep half leading to the scramble). Hendricks doesn't have a good top game. He's easy to scramble up from which is why he always has big TD numbers. The pseudo-mathletes will tell you otherwise but 1 TD is better than 7 TDs a round: GSP typically just needs 1 unlike Johny who has poor top control and continues to have to spam them to control the fight.

I wouldn't be worried about GSP's TD & scrambling ability. Either Johny lays him out with that left hook shovel punch or GSP survives and doesn't lose because his TD is stuffed... I'm leaning towards the latter.
    Ah pretty good. Thanks for responding. I think i remember that now. Your post considered i would still have to say that my post still applies. If johnny catches georges he has a solid shot at stopping georges from using his takedown to avoid damage. I agree with your last statement. I will be on georges with a johnny knockout or knockout of the night hedge.

i am also leaning towards rashad evans. I want to be careful not to underestimate chael though. I think rashad should have the ability to avoid most of chaels takedowns. Iirc evans has not been taken down and held down very much. I think evans striking is better as well. Chael has done pretty well though. That submission of shogun was impressive. I do think rashad will avoid being put in bad positions in this fight.

Update: i am watching gsp train on tv and he looks pretty beasty. Stylistically, georges and evans seem to be tough matchups for both their opponents but like i said before i hate to underestimate chael and johnny.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

LOl u would think Nick almost won the fight against GSP when u hear some of these ridiculous comments. There was a reason Nick tried a few times to hit GSP after the bell rung and that was because he couldn't do shit especially the first three rounds. Most people do find a way to stuff takedowns late in a fight. The first three rounds Diaz was on his back wondering what to do. He did have offense and that was after the bell rung. The crybaby should have been disqualified two seperate times if u ask me. I know that feeling Nick had. It is when ur much bigger older brother holds ya down and u can't do shit. Usually ya bite him.

Thor4140

Hendricks will be on his back within the first minute. When u throw bombs like him u leave urself vulnerable. All of a sudden nobody can take Hendricks down if u listen to some guys here.

Thor4140

Christ i thought Rory would open up around 230 240. dikheads

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Im not sure i want to bet against lawler. Granted this reminds me of rorys last matchup which he coasted through but lawler has looked great so far at 170.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    He did.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Im not sure i want to bet against lawler. Granted this reminds me of rorys last matchup which he coasted through but lawler has looked great so far at 170.
    Against Bobby Voelker and the lifeless corpse of Josh Koscheck.

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Against Bobby Voelker and the lifeless corpse of Josh Koscheck.
    Fair points.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    He did.
    Some of the early numbers on Rory were insane, I hope at least some of you guys were able to hit them.

rosietop

Yes Hendricks is the one most likely to gas in this fight. Gsp getting tired in the nick diaz fight isn't relevant. He had the "start of a fever" and he was fighting with an injured Achilles tendon. In the condit fight he was coming off major surgery and a 1.5 year layoff. What would concern me the most is johnnys punching power and GSP's talk of retiring. You would think a lack of motivation could hurt him but of course its Georges so I would also assume a high level of professionalism because he has always demonstrated that.
    If you have read GSP's book (the way of the fight) Like I had, then you will understand all that talk, GSP is a very cerebral fighter (you have to be to be a champion for that long) and I believe this is just all mind games... Make no mistake this will be one of the best GSP's we will ever get to see. He is more than prepared.

I mean even things like why do you think he wanted to fight Nick Diaz?? Do you think it was becuase he wanted "revenge" heck no! It was so he was better prepared to fight Johny Hendricks (Less ring rust) This guy is always think 2 steps ahead, like the true champion he is.

Can Johny win this fight? absolutly he can, he can land that one punch in the right place at the right time and anybody can go out, but GSP is clearly the better mma fighter and chances are he should win this one.
    Last edited by rosietop; 11-11-13 at 11:11 PM.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

any chance GSP finishes Hendricks early? I'm thinking of GSP by decision

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rosietop View Post
    If you have read GSP's book (the way of the fight) Like I had, then you will understand all that talk, GSP is a very cerebral fighter (you have to be to be a champion for that long) and I believe this is just all mind games... Make no mistake this will be one of the best GSP's we will ever get to see. He is more than prepared.

I mean even things like why do you think he wanted to fight Nick Diaz?? Do you think it was becuase he wanted "revenge" heck no! It was so he was better prepared to fight Johny Hendricks (Less ring rust) This guy is always think 2 steps ahead, like the true champion he is.

Can Johny win this fight? absolutly he can, he can land that one punch in the right place at the right time and anybody can go out, but GSP is clearly the better mma fighter and chances are he should win this one.
    Or you could just of watched Primetime and seen Firas confirm that he was misquoted!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ah pretty good. Thanks for responding. I think i remember that now. Your post considered i would still have to say that my post still applies. If johnny catches georges he has a solid shot at stopping georges from using his takedown to avoid damage. I agree with your last statement. I will be on georges with a johnny knockout or knockout of the night hedge.

i am also leaning towards rashad evans. I want to be careful not to underestimate chael though. I think rashad should have the ability to avoid most of chaels takedowns. Iirc evans has not been taken down and held down very much. I think evans striking is better as well. Chael has done pretty well though. That submission of shogun was impressive. I do think rashad will avoid being put in bad positions in this fight.

Update: i am watching gsp train on tv and he looks pretty beasty. Stylistically, georges and evans seem to be tough matchups for both their opponents but like i said before i hate to underestimate chael and johnny.
    Dan Hardy also looked beastly on Primetime.

rosietop

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Or you could just of watched Primetime and seen Firas confirm that he was misquoted!
    I did watch the primetime episodes but I was also referring to all the other things like the WADA testing incident,etc

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Rosietop, can you change your avatar? Please and thanks.

It's giving me awkward, mixed emotions towards my fav fighter much like wanting to bang a hot chick and then finding out that she was born with a tiny rooster.

Time to queue up the Seth Rogan 'Am I Gay?' introspective scene from Freaks & Geeks.

rosietop

haha only for you homie
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Wanna Bet On It?

First 1234 Last