1. #1
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Nash 2024 MLB

    All plays are 1* unless specified otherwise.

    KC Royals OVER 73.5 wins (DK) 1*

    OPENING DAY
    3/28

    KC Royals over Minn. Twins
    +110


    Home opener at the 'K' with the Young Gun Cole Ragans starting.
    I like home dogs and I like the new and improved Royals in this spot.

    One play today only, and this is it.
    KC +110
    Points Awarded:

    johnnyvegas13 gave stevenash 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  2. #2
    Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-12
    Posts: 33,111
    Betpoints: 3393

    Good chance I will be tailing some of your action Nash with the Domestic Books. Good Luck this Year. THX for posting.

  3. #3
    brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-07-08
    Posts: 7,737
    Betpoints: 12592

    I knew this play was coming. Good luck this year. May look at the under first five innings.
    What you think about NCAAB Houston moving forward after having to go to overtime last
    game?

  4. #4
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Good chance I will be tailing some of your action Nash with the Domestic Books. Good Luck this Year. THX for posting.
    Thanks ER

    Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    I knew this play was coming. Good luck this year. May look at the under first five innings.
    What you think about NCAAB Houston moving forward after having to go to overtime last
    game?
    lol

    It's not a homer pick per se.
    Have you had a chance to see the lefty pitch yet?
    Ragans has electric stuff.

    I was a scholastic catcher (HS and college) Good LHP frustrate the hell out of most hitters.
    There are exceptions to every rule, JD Martinez for instance crush LHP, but for the most part they keep most right-handed hitters off balance.
    I for one, couldn't hit a good LHP with a nasty hook for shit.

    FF Under by the way looks pretty good.

    Best of luck going forward.

  5. #5
    Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-03-16
    Posts: 18,260
    Betpoints: 2175

    Royals!? Mmmm... ok, I'll tail. Let's go KC!

  6. #6
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,600
    Betpoints: 10289

    Nasher you’ve always had a hard on for the royals

  7. #7
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Nasher you’ve always had a hard on for the royals
    You know me oh too well.

    You know T-Rob, I still have nightmares about game 7 of the 2014 WS.
    It was SF up 3-2 forever.
    Wade Davis and Greg Holland were matching Bummy pitch for pitch.
    The last three innings were a pitching lover's wet dream, as those three were filthy, untouchable.

    Fast forward to the bottom of the ninth.
    Bummy K's Hosmer, makes Hosmer look stupid, then gets tubby Billy Butler to foul out weakly.
    I'm almost in tears now, two outs, down one, then Alex Gordon singles to left center, then for reasons unknown the Giants CF usually sure handed Blanco lets the ball roll to the wall allowing Gordon to third.
    Here comes Sal Perez to save the day, but it wasn't to be, Sal fouls out to third base.
    There is no joy in Kansas City.

    Madison Bumgarner pitched one of the most clutch big games I've seen since Jack Morris.
    I'm happy for SF, don't get me wrong, that's an organization you can easily root for, just not against my gang.

    Go ahead, ask me about 2015 against the Mets.
    Right after that final out I said to Ally, "I can die now."
    Maybe, just maybe, after watching horse crap baseball for the last ten years, we are completive again.

    Not for nothing, this inning I'll take to my grave.
    (Fast forward to 2:26 of this clip)




  8. #8
    franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-13-14
    Posts: 9,278
    Betpoints: 9261

    BOL this season Nasher


  9. #9
    brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-07-08
    Posts: 7,737
    Betpoints: 12592

    Have not watched him pitch yet. Being from MN will be looking at this game.
    Have seen your other post about KC and Cole Ragans and thought this play
    may be coming.

  10. #10
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,600
    Betpoints: 10289

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You know me oh too well.

    You know T-Rob, I still have nightmares about game 7 of the 2014 WS.
    It was SF up 3-2 forever.
    Wade Davis and Greg Holland were matching Bummy pitch for pitch.
    The last three innings were a pitching lover's wet dream, as those three were filthy, untouchable.

    Fast forward to the bottom of the ninth.
    Bummy K's Hosmer, makes Hosmer look stupid, then gets tubby Billy Butler to foul out weakly.
    I'm almost in tears now, two outs, down one, then Alex Gordon singles to left center, then for reasons unknown the Giants CF usually sure handed Blanco lets the ball roll to the wall allowing Gordon to third.
    Here comes Sal Perez to save the day, but it wasn't to be, Sal fouls out to third base.
    There is no joy in Kansas City.

    Madison Bumgarner pitched one of the most clutch big games I've seen since Jack Morris.
    I'm happy for SF, don't get me wrong, that's an organization you can easily root for, just not against my gang.

    Go ahead, ask me about 2015 against the Mets.
    Right after that final out I said to Ally, "I can die now."
    Maybe, just maybe, after watching horse crap baseball for the last ten years, we are completive again.

    Not for nothing, this inning I'll take to my grave.
    (Fast forward to 2:26 of this clip)



    Was definitely fun to see an old school style baseball team playing great defense and grinding their way to the ‘Ship

  11. #11
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    BOL this season Nasher

    Thanks bud.

    2-1 Twins, early still.

  12. #12
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 94,048
    Betpoints: 7600

    Good luck this year.

  13. #13
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Good luck this year.
    Thanks LB.
    The sticks didn't give Ragans any run support.

    Adding:
    Cleveland -1.5 runs +124
    Points Awarded:

    bjb7223 gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  14. #14
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 10,271
    Betpoints: 8966

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Thanks LB.
    The sticks didn't give Ragans any run support.

    Adding:
    Cleveland -1.5 runs +124
    That is my bet for the night. Btw where is Jibby? He always like an As fade.

  15. #15
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    That is my bet for the night. Btw where is Jibby? He always like an As fade.
    Jibby was posting like a machine last night, he's around,

  16. #16
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 10,271
    Betpoints: 8966

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Jibby was posting like a machine last night, he's around,
    He is the reason I made this bet. This was profitable in the first few months of last season.

  17. #17
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    I like run lines with an ace pitching on the road.

  18. #18
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    1-1 yesterday.

    KC bats supplied no run support for the kid as my KC wager was flushed.
    -1* there.

    Cleveland run line -1.5 runs cashed.
    +1.24 * there.

    That's the beauty of betting MLB dogs, you split two games, you still show a profit.

    YTD 1-1 + .24*

    Tonight, Minute Maid is conducive for HR's and doubles, Rondon is a punching bag.
    Carlos Rodon - New York Yankees Starting Pitcher - ESPNI expect double digit runs there.

    Minute Maid Park | Ballpark Pal

    OVER 9 RUNS is my play.

  19. #19
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 10,271
    Betpoints: 8966

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Thanks LB.
    The sticks didn't give Ragans any run support.

    Adding:
    Cleveland -1.5 runs +124
    a winner

  20. #20
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    a winner
    Thanks brother.
    You know why I like the run line with the road favorite?

    Because I am guaranteed that ninth inning at bat if I need it, home teams don't always have a ninth inning at bat if they are winning 3-2.
    That ninth inning insurance run in the top of the ninth has saved many of my run line wagers.

    I love turning a -130 fave into a +124 dog with the run handicap I'm giving.

    Word of advice, use only with staff aces or #2 rotation starters.

  21. #21
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 10,271
    Betpoints: 8966

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Thanks brother.
    You know why I like the run line with the road favorite?

    Because I am guaranteed that ninth inning at bat if I need it, home teams don't always have a ninth inning at bat if they are winning 3-2.
    That ninth inning insurance run in the top of the ninth has saved many of my run line wagers.

    I love turning a -130 fave into a +124 dog with the run handicap I'm giving.

    Word of advice, use only with staff aces or #2 rotation starters.
    Agreed going with the same this evening again.

  22. #22
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 10,271
    Betpoints: 8966

    Cleveland run line hits again last night. i'm taking it again today for the third straight day.

  23. #23
    EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-15
    Posts: 851
    Betpoints: 5431

    Bone For Tuna, Nasher!

  24. #24
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Buona fortuna back at ya Eddie, thanks.

    Loaded card today, looking at it now.
    Tons of stuff today, my head will be on a swivel all day and night.

    I'll be back here for a pick or too,
    Thanks for checking in Eddie.

  25. #25
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Had no play yesterday as I was totally consumed with all the hoops action.
    Lost my lone play Friday (Over nine runs in the Houston-NY Yankees game)

    YTD
    1-2
    -0.86*

    Today, Braves run line.
    -1.5 runs +114

  26. #26
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Royals got their hitting shoes on today; Bobby Witt is a beast.

  27. #27
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-27-12
    Posts: 3,592
    Betpoints: 3518

    4/1 Tigers Reese Olson at plus money a good dog play? Thoughts?

  28. #28
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-27-12
    Posts: 3,592
    Betpoints: 3518

    Maybe Tigers F5???

  29. #29
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    4/1 Tigers Reese Olson at plus money a good dog play? Thoughts?
    I just looked that game over.
    Olson closed last season like a freight train.
    Mets have never faced him before; I view that as an advantage for you in the case.

    Mets trot out Sean Manaea.
    I had drafted Sean in the 2021 Nationals (NFBC) Fantasy.
    He did a solid job for me, thing is his walk and HR ratio is tad high.
    He's an LHP. I'm a sucker for LHP.
    He's regressing, don't let the Oracle Park metrics fool you, (SF, where he pitched last year) that park is pitcher friendly, and he was pretty much pitching out of the bullpen.

    What's interesting the game line is +114 for Detroit, and the FF line is exactly the same +114
    What's interesting about that is the Mets have a premier closer (Diaz) on the back end.

    I can break down this game until the cows come home.
    There's not much of an edge there, my analytics show 54/46 (percent) which is pretty much what the odds reflect. (+114)
    I do think Olsen is an up and comer.

    You might want to avoid Diaz on the back end, if you must bet this game F5 may be the way to go, you get a push if the game is tied at the end of five innings.

    It's been windy here lately, I'm on the other side of the Long Island Sound in Connecticut, and it's windy there on the border of LI and Queens as well. Wind is blowing in some at Citi, and the books know it (run line is 7.5)

    Razor sharp betting lines all around.

    Want a nice prop?
    Looking at Manaea OVER 5.5 K's +105
    He's a high volume strike out pitcher.
    There's not much of an edge here.
    I'd pass.

    Hope this helps.

  30. #30
    Yensel
    Yensel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-09-24
    Posts: 37
    Betpoints: 401

    Great analysis! Thanks!

  31. #31
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by Yensel View Post
    Great analysis! Thanks!
    Thanks for reading.
    Best of luck to you today.

  32. #32
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-27-12
    Posts: 3,592
    Betpoints: 3518

    Yes, damn good write up by nasher!

    I’m going to nibble on the Tigers F5 plus 1/2 run.

  33. #33
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

    Want a nice prop?
    Looking at Manaea OVER 5.5 K's +105
    He's a high volume strike out pitcher.

    Did you tap this?

  34. #34
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-27-12
    Posts: 3,592
    Betpoints: 3518

    No. But an interesting story going on there. Manaea is dealing tonight. I’m happy with my Tigers F5 plus the 1/2 run. That worked just fine.

  35. #35
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,612
    Betpoints: 32295

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    No. But an interesting story going on there. Manaea is dealing tonight. I’m happy with my Tigers F5 plus the 1/2 run. That worked just fine.
    Nice work.

12 Last
Top