Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Garbage Man Sentenced To 30 DAYS IN JAIL For Picking Up Trash Too Early

the level of stupidity is reaching epidemic levels

A sanitation worker in an Atlanta suburb has been sentenced to 30 days in jail for working too early.
    Kevin McGill had been working for only a few months for a company contracted to do sanitation work in Sandy Springs when he was cited for picking up trash just after 5 a.m. one morning, according to WSB-TV.
    That violated a city ordinance which limits trash pickup to between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. The statute is in place because residents have complained that early pick-up disrupts their sleep.
    When McGill showed up to court to answer the citation, Sandy Springs prosecutor Bill Riley sought the maximum punishment against him — 30 days in jail.
    And in a trashy move, a judge granted Riley the request.
    “Fines don’t seem to work,” Riley told WSB. “The only thing that seems to stop the activity is actually going to jail.”
    Riley, who jailed another sanitation worker for the same infraction last year, said that residents swamp 911 with calls when trash pick-up occurs too early in the morning.
    “The solicitor said it’s automatic jail time,” McGill told WSB. “He didn’t want to hear nothing I had to say. I said it’s my first time.”
    “I was stunned. I didn’t know what to think. I was shocked,” he added.
    McGill, a family man, did not have an attorney during his sentencing. He pleaded no contest and took the punishment, agreeing to serve his 30 days spread out on the weekends. He began serving the sentence last weekend and will do so for 14 more.
    “I just want this to be over with,” McGill told WSB. “I’m away from my family, my wife, and she’s got to take care of the two little boys and I have four dogs.”
    McGill has an attorney now, and she believes the sentence is too harsh.
    “Give him a warning,” the lawyer, Kimberly Bandoh, told WSB. “I mean he’s the employee. He’s not the employer. Sentencing him to jail is doing what?”
    But Riley appears to be unmoved, saying that McGill, and not his employer, is responsible for operating his own garbage truck.
    “The company doesn’t start that truck up,” Riley told WSB. “The company doesn’t drive that truck down the street.”

http://news.yahoo.com/garbage-man-se...001158483.html

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30758

Black people getting locked up for working now.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Dangles I'm gonna donate money to this guy's GoFundMe campaign

this shit is ridiculous

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

"said that residents swamp 911 with calls when trash pick-up occurs too early in the morning."

A fine use of the 9-11 system.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

from what I read, this wasn't just some guy and his crew rolling down the street picking up trash and tossing it in the back. This guy was slamming big heavy dumpsters around at 5 in the morning. These dumpsters were probably located behind some apartment complexes. While I wouldn't call 911 on this, I can definitely see how this would piss people off, especially at 5 a.m.

My garbage man comes really early and no one complains, Hell, I usually sleep right through his pass down my street, but they also aren't shaking the ground and making a ton of noise because they are not slamming big dumpsters around.

Last edited by Kermit; 03-09-15 at 04:03 PM.

Kermit

But no way should this guy have gotten jail time, especially if this was his first offense.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30758

Jail time is ridiculous.

Seriously, is this a crime???

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Sometimes I wish they would lock up my garbage man. The dude leaves half the trash in the street.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

He got off easy with 30 days in jail. If he picked up trash at 5am in my town, he would be shot dead.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Isaiah

Kermit

Fake but funny.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

was that fake??

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    He got off easy with 30 days in jail. If he picked up trash at 5am in my town, he would be shot dead.
    Beebs is day dreaming again
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    was that fake??
    Yes. The person who did it confirmed it was fake a couple years ago.

If this was real, it would have been all over the news.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Beebs is day dreaming again
    Broke dikk trolling again.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Broke dikk trolling again.
    Didn't rocker already establish that he's about the exact opposite of a broke dick? Kinda like how moscow is the exact opposite of the ghetto in new jersey?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Didn't rocker already establish that he's about the exact opposite of a broke dick? Kinda like how moscow is the exact opposite of the ghetto in new jersey?
    probably more than once by now

The guy shines his betpoint balance every fkn day. Instead of donating some of it for good cause or helping other posters out, he just fkn stares at this shit old day long and calls others, who do the complete opposite, the broke dicks.

There is nothing new to see here TripleD - you guys were 100% right about this clown.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    But no way should this guy have gotten jail time, especially if this was his first offense.
    I mean even losing a job over this probably would have been a lot better than a month in jail. His record is all messed up now. Even a first time DUI offenders don't get that much time...it's crazy.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I mean even losing a job over this probably would have been a lot better than a month in jail. His record is all messed up now. Even a first time DUI offenders don't get that much time...it's crazy.
    I don't think Donte Stallworth got that much time(I think it was under a month) and he killed a guy.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't think Donte Stallworth got that much time(I think it was under a month) and he killed a guy.
    exactly

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    The only thing Rocket has established & proven, he's a broke dikk troll like you. Where's your garden variety badge Tripe?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25135

Sandy springs super snobby part of town where half the folks there go broke trying to impress and therefore take it out by doing stupid shit like calling 911 for everything imaginable

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

If that guy went to jail, they should put every single person who dialed 911 because of such a laughable thing behind bars for 2 days as well. Maybe that will teach them to dial 911 when there is actually an emergency and not to misuse it for shit like this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    If that guy went to jail, they should put every single person who dialed 911 because of such a laughable thing behind bars for 2 days as well. Maybe that will teach them to dial 911 when there is actually an emergency and not to misuse it for shit like this.
    Disturbing the peace & waking up the whole neighborhood at 5am is hardly laughable. It would be taken serious by most atheists, except for you.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Disturbing the peace & waking up the whole neighborhood at 5am is hardly laughable. It would be taken serious by most atheists, except for you.
    So you are saying THAT is a reason to call 911? lmao....
    Would I be pissed? Yeah. Would I dial 911? No. That isn't what 911 is for.
    But it seems like such an internet-warrior-wannabe-tough-guy like you would cry on 911. And yep, that is laughable.
    And atheists have what to do with this topic exactly? Yeah right, nothing. Carry on.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket, Triple_D_Bet, and paco

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Justice system is fuk up what is wrong with the court decision on this are they on crack or something.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's also hardly worthy of a 911 call.

What if you were jerking it to the bible and started to have chest pains? You're trying to dial 9-1-1 (since you prayed for 10 minutes and no ambulance came) and couldn't get through because people were keeping the line busy (instead of calling the non emergency number that every G-D community has for things like noise complaints)

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    It's also hardly worthy of a 911 call.

What if you were jerking it to the bible and started to have chest pains? You're trying to dial 9-1-1 (since you prayed for 10 minutes and no ambulance came) and couldn't get through because people were keeping the line busy (instead of calling the non emergency number that every G-D community has for things like noise complaints)

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10194

My last place the garbage man came by 7:01 - we were first on the stop - christ the agony if you forgot to put it out the night before and you hear that big ass truck rumbling down starting to hit your street. About pulled a groin a few times trying to get out of bed and get the trash out in time. I don't care about being woken up I would be more pissed that I was supposed to have until 7am and that asshole rolled through at 5am.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    My last place the garbage man came by 7:01 - we were first on the stop - christ the agony if you forgot to put it out the night before and you hear that big ass truck rumbling down starting to hit your street. About pulled a groin a few times trying to get out of bed and get the trash out in time. I don't care about being woken up I would be more pissed that I was supposed to have until 7am and that asshole rolled through at 5am.

Same here. Mine me starts rolling around the neighborhood around that time, and I do the half-asleep mad sprint at least once a month.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Same here. Mine me starts rolling around the neighborhood around that time, and I do the half-asleep mad sprint at least once a month.
    Reminds me of that Simpson's episode where Homer is carrying his garbage can chasing the garbage truck down the street after it passed his house, screaming and talking shit to the garbage men, and then the truck stops and backs up to him. The next scene he is walking back into his kitchen wearing the garbage.

Scrappy Do
    Lemmmeee at em... lemmmmmmmmeeee at em!
    Scrappy Do's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 503

I know I haven't posted in like forever but, why are you such a prick bobby? Am I missing something? Are you the new seaweed?

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy Do View Post
    Am I missing something?
    Yeah, you missed a lot...I suggest you catch up before commenting.

Kermit

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is what happens when you privatize your court system.