Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

Grasping, thieving bookmakers. They never miss a trick do they? Inactive account fees

Grasping, thieving UK bookmakers. They never miss a trick do they? Inactive account fees, which seem to be the norm for most now, is just another sly way of removing funds from 'dormant' accounts to increase profits. Surely this is morally wrong and borderline legal.

I couldnt give a flying fook that its in their terms and conditions, whats more startling is that we all just put up with this shit and let them get away with it, not sure of other industries which are allowed to remove funds from accounts until it is zero-ed.

Even Betfair are at it now, although I notice they cant remove funds from dormant Aussie or NZ accounts (not sure the reason behind that). Could it be they wont put up with this crap?

Not had any issues personally, but my daughter told me today her Betfair account has steadily had funds removed over the last four months, she only had around 20 quid in there anyway, but working away she has not taken any interest in sports betting for over a year. After checking her emails today Betfair have told her each month, what the figure was reducing to, while still offering her free bets. She is miffed, not because of the small amount of money involved but that it seems perfectly acceptable for them to do that

Since when was Betfair exchange money theirs to do what they want with?

The main point to my rant is, that if something happens to you, through death or illness and your trusted family/friends cant access your account then all your money will eventually go to these greedy twats. Make sure you have a back up plan in case the unexpected should happen.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: scottgodson1985

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Couldn't agree more.
    Subject has been raised in this forum a few times.
    It is nothing more than legalized theft and any decent authority wouldn't allow it to happen.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Very hard to see a fair justification for it.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

How long before account is considered inactive?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    How long before account is considered inactive?
    Depends on the book. At Bet365 it's 12 months after which they take a few percent each month until the account is empty or the owner comes back to claim what remains.

I'd say most are 1 year but I have seen one dodgy little euro whitelabel crap book try to enforce a 6 month rule with instant loss of all funds.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

just make a $1 bet here and there

your own fault

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

your own fault
    JJGold sexally INACTIVE for the 31st New years eve in a row

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14062

they are thieves. money should be held in escrow with the book keeping the interest until the owner comes looking for his money. 1 year puts the money in escrow - books should send an email and a snail mail to the owner before the money is put in escrow. every year another email and regular mail letter is sent, maybe after 5 or 10 years and some effort by the book to contact the owner of the funds and still no one claims the funds they get to keep it.

Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

your own fault
    What part of this do you not understand? We know you only have to make a bet here and there, or even just login, so we dont need any patronising replies.The issue is if for some reason you cannot access your acccount, why should money be taken from it.

scottgodson1985
    Update your status
    scottgodson1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11160

jj gold = beyond stupid