Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

My bookmaker is a pain in the bum (no names named)

Don't want to name names but betting on tennis, matches between top 10-30 players in the world. They suspend betting in the tight first set around 6-5, start betting again in tiebreak, suspend betting during tiebreak opening points, don't un-suspend betting until the losing first set player wins a break in the second which decreased a potential cash out profit to peanuts after betting resumed....

So I decided to back another tennis match just then and the same thing happened. When the match got tight they suspended betting and never offered betting or a cash out option for the last 7 games of the final set

Lucky my bets won. I would name names but I don't know who is who on here. Some Europeans may know which Bookmaker does this regularly

But its a pain in the arse because I look at other bookmakers during the suspended betting and they were still trading

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

The books advertising heavily about the cashout option have probably forced this on themselves because of the popularity. Agree it feels sucky when they only offer it when they think its good for them.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The books advertising heavily about the cashout option have probably forced this on themselves because of the popularity. Agree it feels sucky when they only offer it when they think its good for them.
    What cashout option are you referring to Op?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    What cashout option are you referring to Op?
    Several of the Euro books offer a live betting option that gives you a one click closing the bet option (betting the other side, effectively).

They hammer it in tv ads and regular punters who had never considered hedging before love it.

With the popularity we are seeing books manage the instant bet close/cashout option more closely and people who were relying on hedging mid game getting pissed the option disappears at the best time to use it for them.

In most cases the player can still bet the other side to achieve the same result, or very close to it, but its much easier and quicker with the 1 click button.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Several of the Euro books offer a live betting option that gives you a one click closing the bet option (betting the other side, effectively).

They hammer it in tv ads and regular punters who had never considered hedging before love it.

With the popularity we are seeing books manage the instant bet close/cashout option more closely and people who were relying on hedging mid game getting pissed the option disappears at the best time to use it for them.

In most cases the player can still bet the other side to achieve the same result, or very close to it, but its much easier and quicker with the 1 click button.
    Ahh ok thanks for the info no wonder Ive never heard of it.