1. #1
    The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-11
    Posts: 3,972

    Barcelona get Sanchez..

    for $32 million apparently.. bastards

  2. #2
    JohnnyRotten
    JohnnyRotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-13-11
    Posts: 100

    good player but wont get a game this season, neither will cesc if he goes,

  3. #3
    Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-25-09
    Posts: 893
    Betpoints: 28

    crasy transfer fees. Cecs prob staying.
    170pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY6th Place 11/25/2014

    BTP
    Week 12
    3-2-0 368 pts

    250pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY4th Place 11/18/2014

    BTP
    Week 9
    3-2-0 266 pts

    BTP
    Week 9
    3-2-0 188 pts

    BTP
    Week 9
    3-2-0 176 pts

    BTP
    Week 8
    5-0-0 956 pts


  4. #4
    JohnnyRotten
    JohnnyRotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-13-11
    Posts: 100

    yes the fees are a total joke now.

    torres 50 million
    carroll 35 million
    henderson 20 million

    what next?

    30 million for michael bradley?
    50 million for titus bramble?

    just read a billionaire sheik bought malaga fc and they want to splash the cash this summer.

  5. #5
    jordigs
    jordigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-10
    Posts: 297

    I think he's a good player for barça style.

    About the price... If you're Barcelona o Real Madrid, it's difficult to get a player for less than 20 million. Just remember chigrinsky for €25 million...

  6. #6
    pouroupoupou
    pouroupoupou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-13-10
    Posts: 972

    European soccer needs salary cap

  7. #7
    sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-26-11
    Posts: 448
    Betpoints: 7240

    30 mio € for a backup winger? I really doubt that he's better than Pedro/Iniesta or Messi.

  8. #8
    JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-10
    Posts: 7,705
    Betpoints: 147

    Great buy he's very underrated, he was a big part of Chile's WC success in that sick attacking formation, also a big part of Udinese who was the best offensive team in Serie A.

  9. #9
    Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-12-10
    Posts: 1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRotten View Post
    yes the fees are a total joke now.

    torres 50 million
    carroll 35 million
    henderson 20 million

    what next?

    30 million for michael bradley?
    50 million for titus bramble?

    just read a billionaire sheik bought malaga fc and they want to splash the cash this summer.
    Titus Brambles worth every penny...

  10. #10
    Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-12-10
    Posts: 1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Great buy he's very underrated, he was a big part of Chile's WC success in that sick attacking formation, also a big part of Udinese who was the best offensive team in Serie A.
    Where did you get underrated from?!? Chelsea & United both been linked to him, and everyone was raving about him at the World Cup!

  11. #11
    Nikfrio
    Nikfrio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-16-11
    Posts: 262
    Betpoints: 1536

    Quote Originally Posted by sweepem View Post
    30 mio € for a backup winger? I really doubt that he's better than Pedro/Iniesta or Messi.

    He shits on Pedro and Iniesta is fading slowly with injuries. People don't realize how good this guy is. He will fit at Barca like a glove

  12. #12
    latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-10
    Posts: 11,195
    Betpoints: 3899

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRotten View Post
    yes the fees are a total joke now.

    torres 50 million
    carroll 35 million
    henderson 20 million

    what next?

    30 million for michael bradley?
    50 million for titus bramble?

    just read a billionaire sheik bought malaga fc and they want to splash the cash this summer.
    It's true!

    A Sheik also bought Malaga FC.

    The only diference with clubs like Man City is that this sheik is spending the money in other way! They are trying to make a team and not to bought just names, thats why has been so far.

    they got Van Nistelrooy, Toulalan, Joaquin, Buonanotte, Mathijsen , Monreal.

    Lot of talking they will bring a guy for midfield, they're saying Pastore, Snejder but those 2 are very difficult to get. Also Canales may go.

    And saying they may bought a keeper, like Stekelemburg or Akinfeev.

    Quote Originally Posted by jordigs View Post
    I think he's a good player for barça style.

    About the price... If you're Barcelona o Real Madrid, it's difficult to get a player for less than 20 million. Just remember chigrinsky for €25 million...
    SO true!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweepem View Post
    30 mio € for a backup winger? I really doubt that he's better than Pedro/Iniesta or Messi.
    Agree Sanchez will be on the bench if they bought him!

  13. #13
    The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-11
    Posts: 3,972

    if Sneijder goes to Malaga, hes retarded.

  14. #14
    RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-28-09
    Posts: 5,860
    Betpoints: 60

    I think Sneijder will sign for United.

    The comments by Ferguson were confusing today, but I think it was a sort of smokescreen to divert attention away from the fact that he is negotiating with Inter.

    BTP
    Week 12
    4-1-0 812 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2014


  15. #15
    The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-11
    Posts: 3,972

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    I think Sneijder will sign for United. The comments by Ferguson were confusing today, but I think it was a sort of smokescreen to divert attention away from the fact that he is negotiating with Inter.
    if he goes to United, I will move to Manchester.

  16. #16
    RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-28-09
    Posts: 5,860
    Betpoints: 60

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikfrio View Post
    He shits on Pedro and Iniesta is fading slowly with injuries. People don't realize how good this guy is. He will fit at Barca like a glove
    Sorry, but he is not better than Pedro. He has not scored the goals or played in a big team like Pedro. He has not won the UCL or the WC like Pedro.

    He is not better than Iniesta either. They play different positions so why compare anyway.

    BTP
    Week 12
    4-1-0 812 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2014


  17. #17
    The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-11
    Posts: 3,972

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Sorry, but he is not better than Pedro. He has not scored the goals or played in a big team like Pedro. He has not won the UCL or the WC like Pedro. He is not better than Iniesta either. They play different positions so why compare anyway.
    hes better than Pedro.. Pedro is good but was lucky to be on the right teams for the big games.

  18. #18
    RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-28-09
    Posts: 5,860
    Betpoints: 60

    Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    if he goes to United, I will move to Manchester.
    Better start looking for a flat then.

    I have a hunch we will see Sneijder with a new scarf raised above his head sometime in the next 50ish days.

    BTP
    Week 12
    4-1-0 812 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2014


  19. #19
    The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-11
    Posts: 3,972

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Better start looking for a flat then. I have a hunch we will see Sneijder with a new scarf raised above his head sometime in the next 50ish days.
    I can only hope so, ive been waiting for this for quite some time..

  20. #20
    RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-28-09
    Posts: 5,860
    Betpoints: 60

    Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    hes better than Pedro.. Pedro is good but was lucky to be on the right teams for the big games.
    Agree to disagree. If Sanchez gets a move out of Serie A we will learn a lot more about how good he is.


    Inter are also looking to sell Eto'o. I think Man City will sign him very soon.

    BTP
    Week 12
    4-1-0 812 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2014


  21. #21
    The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-11
    Posts: 3,972

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Agree to disagree. If Sanchez gets a move out of Serie A we will learn a lot more about how good he is. Inter are also looking to sell Eto'o. I think Man City will sign him very soon.
    agree.

    and yeh, Man City love guys like Eto'o

  22. #22
    RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-28-09
    Posts: 5,860
    Betpoints: 60

    It seems like nothing much is happening in the transfers, but everyone should remember that the true European transfer season only began 11 days ago.

    BTP
    Week 12
    4-1-0 812 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2014


  23. #23
    The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-11
    Posts: 3,972

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    It seems like nothing much is happening in the transfers, but everyone should remember that the true European transfer season only began 11 days ago.
    only Real and MNU have been buying... Man City will join soon and Chelsea too...

    AC Milan will splash as well...

  24. #24
    The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-11
    Posts: 3,972

    if Sneijder goes to MNU, well see something like this...

    ---------------- De Gea -------------------
    Rafael ------ Vidic ------ Ferdinand --- Evra--
    -------------- Fletcher ---------------------
    ------------------------Sneijder -----------
    Valencia ------------------------- Nani -----
    ------------ Hernandez ----- Rooney --------


  25. #25
    PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-10
    Posts: 1,895

    Young, Carrick????

  26. #26
    The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-11
    Posts: 3,972

    Quote Originally Posted by PickApprentice View Post
    Young, Carrick????
    ?? Your point?

  27. #27
    Nikfrio
    Nikfrio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-16-11
    Posts: 262
    Betpoints: 1536

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Sorry, but he is not better than Pedro. He has not scored the goals or played in a big team like Pedro. He has not won the UCL or the WC like Pedro.

    He is not better than Iniesta either. They play different positions so why compare anyway.

    According to your logic Bojan and Jeffren are also better than Sanchez because they technically have won a UCL ... Pedro won the the WC because he played for Spain while Sanchez for Chile, this is a team sport after all. I'm talking about the players individually and Sanchez is by far more talented than Pedrito will ever be. The guy is strong as a bull, amazing technique, fast and now that he will be surrounded by world class players(like Pedro is) he will show himself. People assume he's nothing special because he played for Udinese but obviously Barca know what they are doing ....

    Iniesta has played on the wing plenty of times but yea, they are totally different players tbh.

  28. #28
    infamousbacardi
    The Autumn Effect
    infamousbacardi's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-16-08
    Posts: 4,429
    Betpoints: 24

    Sanchez is a great player...Barca are constantly buying guys like this...though they have made a few mistakes, i.e. T. Henry...but still, great buy for them...and the rich get richer! Smart move!

    Plenty of time in transfer window for all teams, but Barca will be tough to be in CL again obviously.

    BTP
    Week 10
    4-1-0 560 pts

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 543 pts

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 384 pts

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 358 pts


  29. #29
    RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-28-09
    Posts: 5,860
    Betpoints: 60

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikfrio View Post
    According to your logic Bojan and Jeffren are also better than Sanchez because they technically have won a UCL ... Pedro won the the WC because he played for Spain while Sanchez for Chile, this is a team sport after all. I'm talking about the players individually and Sanchez is by far more talented than Pedrito will ever be. The guy is strong as a bull, amazing technique, fast and now that he will be surrounded by world class players(like Pedro is) he will show himself. People assume he's nothing special because he played for Udinese but obviously Barca know what they are doing .... Iniesta has played on the wing plenty of times but yea, they are totally different players tbh.
    Pedro played many more games than Jeffren or Kirkic so please do not skew the comparison.

    We will see how good he is soon enough. I won't hold my breath.

    BTP
    Week 12
    4-1-0 812 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2014


  30. #30
    jordigs
    jordigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-10
    Posts: 297

    Alexi's manager: we can say that alexis will play in spanish league.

    About Pedro... is more important for Barça than many ppl think. He's pression is essential for the team.

  31. #31
    p3re
    p3re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-13-10
    Posts: 420
    Betpoints: 214

    Marca ( a pretty important sports newspaper in Spain, but RealMadrid side...) says Barça has Sanchez for 45 Milion€... too much in my opinion. Are we crazy or what?

  32. #32
    latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-10
    Posts: 11,195
    Betpoints: 3899

    They bought Sanchez and yes for 43M euros!

  33. #33
    Ace_of_Spades
    River Plate!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-14-09
    Posts: 13,381

    Sneijder staying at Inter.

  34. #34
    Ace_of_Spades
    River Plate!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-14-09
    Posts: 13,381

    Damn, i don't think we will get that big pay day now for Fabregas. Oh well, i hope he has a way better season than the last.

  35. #35
    Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-10-09
    Posts: 1,865

    Inter dont want to sell Wesley Sneijder and the player himself is satisfyed in Milano, atleast so he says. Still, if a great offer comes, Moratti will accept. I read that United might offer 20m + Nani = (35m) which would be a good deal for Inter. Nani is worth more then 15m for sure and Inter get a creative player who had a great 10/11 season.

    A key factor to the deal may be that Gasperini play a 3-4-3 formation and Sneijders offensive midfield role simple dont exist which will force him to play possibly on the right wing in the three man attack. In Manchester Fergie will play him in his natural position. Hopefully Manchester City gets involved in the bidding and raises the price because IMO Sneijder is worth more then 35m.

    For me its kinda bitter-sweet, I want Sneijder to play for Inter a couple more seasons because he is very valuable to this team. At the same time if we get a very good deal, why not sell? He probably wont be able to play in his favorite position anyway. I remember before Sneijder came Inter struggled in offense, we dident have any players with superb passing skills, nobody who could play in the trequartista role. Before we played one dimensional offense created around Zlatan Ibrahimovic, it worked in Serie A but not in CL. The Ibrahimovic deal gave us Etoo and we bought Sneijder and Inters offense took several steps forward. More movement with Etoo, Milito in attack and someone who could deliver passes aswell as score himself in Sneijder.
    If we sell him and dont replace him properly Im afraid that we will go back to lacking in creativity.

12 Last
Top