JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Sniper situation (My opinion)

I do not believe he is cheating in any form or fashion. His yearly leaderboard bets with various people add up to about $1500 worth of betpoints? Is it really worth a year's time and effort for a mere $1500? It seems to me that his time(anyone's time) is more valuable than that and he would be better served doing something else rather than wasting a year of his life. I believe that he is truthful in saying that he plays here for fun and entertainment. I highly doubt he has orchestrated some big scheme and had players sign up just to dump chips to him.

Calling someone a cheater is a serious allegation...the burden of proof is on the accusers.
    Points Awarded:

Itsamazing777 gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

and to be clear on that; I think there's smoke, but have yet to see the fire.... sbr can investigate the details as it has access to sniper and these four or so accts that seem to lose big to him every trny, particularly lsu4ever, and the hand histories in question.....

so I don't know if he's a per se "cheater" at this point or not.... just a lot of suspicious activity and play by "do nothing accounts" .... well, they do one thing.... lose to snipe and play all of his trnies; and only miss them when he does

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

sbr cant investigate because they don't have anyone that knows poker well enough

no one has posted hand histories that im aware of so community cant investigate

if he was here strictly for fun and entertainment, hed be here for that instead of here to win $1500. what pro in any field would work for much less? a PGA tour golfer in town for a tourney would not play a mini tour event Monday and Tuesday just for fun practice.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    sbr cant investigate because they don't have anyone that knows poker well enough

no one has posted hand histories that im aware of so community cant investigate

if he was here strictly for fun and entertainment, hed be here for that instead of here to win $1500. what pro in any field would work for much less? a PGA tour golfer in town for a tourney would not play a mini tour event Monday and Tuesday just for fun practice.
    disagree

speaking for myself, I like to play here and enjoy many of the people that play here so any prizes or points that I win is nice but not the main reason for me being around.

I think it is the same with sniper...I believe that it is a complete waste of time to play for the sole reason of winning $1500 worth of points in a year's time. He could get a job, be playing live or on pokerstars, or doing a myriad of other things that would likely pay him more per hour.
    Points Awarded:

IlluminatedOne gave JAKEPEAVY21 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: IlluminatedOne

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

STAX 2.0.

Has all the same characteristics of STAX. Both talked themselves up way more than they should. Ran well at the beginning, now his luck is running out. Poor play at the ring tables. From what I've seen in the few hands of tournament play, poor play there as well (though the few poor hands he was bailed out by luck).

The only difference is, STAX was pretty solid at the ring tables. snip3r is not.

Cheater? I don't believe so.

snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    STAX 2.0.

Has all the same characteristics of STAX. Both talked themselves up way more than they should. Ran well at the beginning, now his luck is running out. Poor play at the ring tables. From what I've seen in the few hands of tournament play, poor play there as well (though the few poor hands he was bailed out by luck).

The only difference is, STAX was pretty solid at the ring tables. snip3r is not.

Cheater? I don't believe so.

astro ... why do u think i am bad at ring table .. i am up like 5k in 1 month

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by snip3r2006 View Post
    astro ... why do u think i am bad at ring table .. i am up like 5k in 1 month
    I only go based off what I see.. Saw you lose a lot the other day, checked your betpoints log and you lost all your points in poker then. Now, I admit, I didn't check more into it because I feel like the whole situation is stupid and being blown way out proportion. So if you're up that much at the rings then nevermind.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

So we have no cheaters here?

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I do not believe he is cheating in any form or fashion. His yearly leaderboard bets with various people add up to about $1500 worth of betpoints? Is it really worth a year's time and effort for a mere $1500? It seems to me that his time(anyone's time) is more valuable than that and he would be better served doing something else rather than wasting a year of his life. I believe that he is truthful in saying that he plays here for fun and entertainment. I highly doubt he has orchestrated some big scheme and had players sign up just to dump chips to him.

Calling someone a cheater is a serious allegation...the burden of proof is on the accusers.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Another thing to consider is that professional scammers have more than one scam, so ONLY 1500 for this yes, but how many other scams are being run at the same time?

snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

i have leaderboard bets for almost 50k point risking 10k ....

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    So we have no cheaters here?
    it's not beyond the realm of possibility

I just don't think he is doing what he's being accused of

RudyRuetigger

disagree

speaking for myself, I like to play here and enjoy many of the people that play here so any prizes or points that I win is nice but not the main reason for me being around.

I think it is the same with sniper...I believe that it is a complete waste of time to play for the sole reason of winning $1500 worth of points in a year's time. He could get a job, be playing live or on pokerstars, or doing a myriad of other things that would likely pay him more per hour.
    he claims to be a successful winning player online. like you said this would hurt his hourly big time. But if you are here for fun, why add $1500 bet?

There are 2 types of people here that make extra side bets this big

1: Gamblers here for extra action risk free-----myself
    2. Nits/sharks w.e word, looking to grind extra cash

And e-battles we all love but those are easy to spot

RudyRuetigger

Wanna make it clear: I don't have a problem with him betting it. But people here for "fun" don't need a $1500 extra bet

JAKEPEAVY21

I see no issue with having some action on a year long wager to keep things interesting

show me some proof and I might change my stance

RudyRuetigger

ive never said he was cheating. all I said is a professional garbage man would not also pick up garbage for 1/100 his hourly wage

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Agreed for the most part peaver...people do go through quite a bit for a small amount of points and someone might find it fun just to try to scam people, but his story seems to make sense and i haven't seen any evidence to the contrary. The leaderboard bets weren't all that wise in the first place imo, betting that large with an unknown is asking to get freerolled. Unless someone shows up with evidence, no reason to not believe him.

Triple_D_Bet

ive never said he was cheating. all I said is a professional garbage man would not also pick up garbage for 1/100 his hourly wage
    People do this all the time; everyone spends time doing things that they could more efficiently pay someone else to do, because they want to. Humans ain't rational creatures. I know how soul-crushingly boring the world of online poker is, and something like this makes a lot more sense than you might imagine...a challenge like this back when I played would probably have been +EV if it kept me focused on my game.

RudyRuetigger

shari already pointed out a guy that creates 10 accounts per day as it is easier for him to do this than have a job in his third world country.

im defending accusers side it seems, but im just saying don't post yes or no.

there is no info out

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    People do this all the time;.
    give me a few examples

do painters paint for 1/100 their hourly?

do plumbers plumb? do football players play arena?

someone give me a fukkin example where a professional at something does something for significantly less money, but still tries to earn money

a sports star might play a rec game, but its for fukkin free

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Quote Originally Posted by snip3r2006 View Post
    i have leaderboard bets for almost 50k point risking 10k ....

some quick math. for non-us members , 7250 pts = $ 500 so 50k pts is approx. $ 3500 and not $ 1500. furthermore there's a lot more to be made by pts earned from each cash in everyday tourney's , so don't think that all this is "just for $ 1500" !

RudyRuetigger

I know when im done with my job, last thing I want to fukkin think about is..........my job..........esp for 100th of my hourly

Triple_D_Bet

shari already pointed out a guy that creates 10 accounts per day as it is easier for him to do this than have a job in his third world country.

im defending accusers side it seems, but im just saying don't post yes or no.

there is no info out
    Nothing wrong with reserving some amount of judgement, but innocent until proven guilty I think.

give me a few examples

do painters paint for 1/100 their hourly?

do plumbers plumb? do football players play arena?

someone give me a fukkin example where a professional at something does something for significantly less money, but still tries to earn money

a sports star might play a rec game, but its for fukkin free
    Assuming you and I make any amount of money hourly doing things that involve electronic communication (don't know if you do, but i do), we're doing just that by having this conversation, and for free no less

Doing something for free isn't all that different than doing it for a pittance. When you get to a decent percentage of normal rate, people actually become far more rational in their decisions to do or not do something...otherwise, the intangible reasons (for amusement) tend to affect their decisions more. Here, the points aren't lifechanging money for most, just a mechanism for motivation...with a notable exception, nobody's dumb enough to claim making points is more important than making real $$

RudyRuetigger

Nothing wrong with reserving some amount of judgement, but innocent until proven guilty I think.

Assuming you and I make any amount of money hourly doing things that involve electronic communication (don't know if you do, but i do), we're doing just that by having this conversation, and for free no less

Doing something for free isn't all that different than doing it for a pittance. When you get to a decent percentage of normal rate, people actually become far more rational in their decisions to do or not do something...otherwise, the intangible reasons (for amusement) tend to affect their decisions more. Here, the points aren't lifechanging money for most, just a mechanism for motivation...with a notable exception, nobody's dumb enough to claim making points is more important than making real $$
    100% difference

If we earned money posting 8-10hrs a day, no fukkin way id post here free

RudyRuetigger

and shari has already shown examples where making points is worth more than making money

we aren't talking usa only pal

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Here, the points aren't lifechanging money for most, just a mechanism for motivation...with a notable exception, nobody's dumb enough to claim making points is more important than making real $$
    This "notable exception" must be well off to not need more real $, who is it Tripe?

Triple_D_Bet

100% difference

If we earned money posting 8-10hrs a day, no fukkin way id post here free
    Shrug, maybe you wouldn't, but that's not how people work in general. Especially when someone does something they like to do for a living, of course they're gonna do it outside of that for less or no compensation.

and shari has already shown examples where making points is worth more than making money

we aren't talking usa only pal
    I'm not disputing the potential; there's an exchange rate, and some amount of points is worth some amount of money. 10 accounts a day getting 6 a day is significant, guy would be making about a grand a day by the end of a year of that (assuming no casualties). My point is that there aren't enough points to be had in this bet for it to be significant for anyone, let alone someone living in a 1st world country. If we're saying he should be making rational decision with his time, than 50k points for a year (plus maybe 30k won in contests) with a significant risk of getting nothing if caught isn't one....especially not when he wastes even more time posting.

Mass accounts makes sense; big bets on one just isn't enough.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    This "notable exception" must be well off to not need more real $, who is it Tripe?
    Don't you have an unemployment/welfare/medicaid/section 8 line to be standing in?

Triple_D_Bet

To the contrary...this exception lives in a ghetto, scams subsidized internet and tries to pay hookers in room and board. Like many dumb people who make poor decisions, this exception could only be considered well off if he lived in a third world country

RudyRuetigger

Shrug, maybe you wouldn't, but that's not how people work in general. Especially when someone does something they like to do for a living, of course they're gonna do it outside of that for less or no compensation.
    we can agree to disagree on this I guess. I don't believe anyone does 1 job for a living, then goes and does it again for a significant less amount unless around family and friends and im waiting for an example. being on the computer for work and then coming here to gamble is not a true example as its a completely different thing. sniper hasn't been here long so the angle of friends does not work. so what im saying is, cheating...up in the air for me. I don't know any direction for it. the money of the bet, I 100% believe matters to him. my bet matters to me but its from a different angle as explained earlier or in another thread.

RudyRuetigger

fukkin sbr is grouping my shit together I always have to edit to go back to bullet type

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Scarfy is refusing to post up the hand where he chipped up to 4,500+ in the 7pm trny that I played in with him the other night... he took out asseledo or some shit name like that to have a commanding chip lead ten mins into the trny....

despite that and the double - up later from teammate lsu4everandever - he didn't manage to cash.....,

all of your yearly challenges against this guy are good.....

unfortunately, odds are -899 he won't be around to pay off these bets

the evidence is mounting, and if sbr is serious about it and looks into the hands of scary and his entourage of id's, i'm sure he'll be gone.....

too many noticed this bullshit right off the bat

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Don't you have an unemployment/welfare/medicaid/section 8 line to be standing in?
    Nope, I don't need help like you. Don't you have another 12k loan to solicit?

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/foru...-12k-loan.html

At your current payment rate, it will take you over a year to pay off.

Triple_D_Bet

we can agree to disagree on this I guess. I don't believe anyone does 1 job for a living, then goes and does it again for a significant less amount unless around family and friends and im waiting for an example. being on the computer for work and then coming here to gamble is not a true example as its a completely different thing. sniper hasn't been here long so the angle of friends does not work. so what im saying is, cheating...up in the air for me. I don't know any direction for it. the money of the bet, I 100% believe matters to him. my bet matters to me but its from a different angle as explained earlier or in another thread.
    I programmed for a living and programmed in my spare time for either free or a pittance. When I played poker for a living, I also played poker for a pittance and for negative $$ (charity events). Hell, when i was in the navy and drinking for a living, i also drank for free when i wasn't working!

That's just my anecdotes, but you don't have to look too hard to see that most people are the same. It's a quirk of consciousness that we look at similar tasks as fun (and worth doing for free) and not fun (and needing compensation) based largely on context, and not solely out of consideration for what makes us more fit.

astro61200

Nope, I don't need help like you. Don't you have another 12k loan to solicit?

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/foru...-12k-loan.html

At your current payment rate, it will take you over a year to pay off.
    I'm talking about how you scam unemployment, welfare, medicaid, and section 8.

You come back with talking about a betpoints loan.

You need to step your troll game up, son.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    Scarfy is refusing to post up the hand where he chipped up to 4,500+ in the 7pm trny that I played in with him the other night... he took out asseledo or some shit name like that to have a commanding chip lead ten mins into the trny....

despite that and the double - up later from teammate lsu4everandever - he didn't manage to cash.....,

all of your yearly challenges against this guy are good.....

unfortunately, odds are -899 he won't be around to pay off these bets

the evidence is mounting, and if sbr is serious about it and looks into the hands of scary and his entourage of id's, i'm sure he'll be gone.....

too many noticed this bullshit right off the bat
    Not posting a hand, when he had no issues posting other hands, looks fishy. Either commit to ignoring the thread or commit to providing whichever hand history requested.

Picking and choosing the hands you provide makes you look worse. Uh oh.

I programmed for a living and programmed in my spare time for either free or a pittance. When I played poker for a living, I also played poker for a pittance and for negative $$ (charity events). Hell, when i was in the navy and drinking for a living, i also drank for free when i wasn't working!

That's just my anecdotes, but you don't have to look too hard to see that most people are the same. It's a quirk of consciousness that we look at similar tasks as fun (and worth doing for free) and not fun (and needing compensation) based largely on context, and not solely out of consideration for what makes us more fit.
    I agree. I found something I like to do and get paid for so, even when not getting paid for it, I still enjoy doing it.

I could, definitely, see someone not wanting to do their job away from work if they hate it but if you enjoy it then it's not really work in the first place.

12 Last