RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    I programmed for a living and programmed in my spare time for either free or a pittance. When I played poker for a living, I also played poker for a pittance and for negative $$ (charity events). Hell, when i was in the navy and drinking for a living, i also drank for free when i wasn't working!

That's just my anecdotes, but you don't have to look too hard to see that most people are the same. It's a quirk of consciousness that we look at similar tasks as fun (and worth doing for free) and not fun (and needing compensation) based largely on context, and not solely out of consideration for what makes us more fit.
    You programmed in spare time? For friends, family, or noone you knew?

See, when you played poker for a living.....you did it for way less.. for charity events. I mentioned this earlier. Thats only reason you would.

Navy drinking, hopefully a funny story not an actual example.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    You programmed in spare time? For friends, family, or noone you knew?

See, when you played poker for a living.....you did it for way less.. for charity events. I mentioned this earlier. Thats only reason you would.

Navy drinking, hopefully a funny story not an actual example.
    Correct, did some programming for friend of a friend as well as some internet randoms who needed help. I played poker with people with next to nothing on the line too ($1 buy in, last time anyone was impressed with me having $20 at the end of the night ), people I didn't know before i sat down across from them....just because it was fun. People don't sub-optimally use skills from work for just family and friends, or for any expectation of reciprocity....they can do so for any number of reasons. Again, aside from my own experiences, it's a pattern you'll find among pretty much everyone financially secure enough to have these choices.

The navy thought it was paying me to do some other stuff, but that would be a poor example...if I had tried to use my work skills (the ones they paid me for anyways) outside of work, they would have locked me up

RudyRuetigger

disagree but not dissecting

most of those listed were social +EV not factored here

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Both Rudy & 3DB made valid points I would tend to agree with Rudy more however. Most of the examples you used to show someone doing their profession outside of work was for charity or to help friends out. Neither of these 2 things are what this guy is trying to do. Further more he really has no repercussions it's almost like a free bet here for him IMO. If he wins the bet the good people that bet with him will pay up and if he loses there is nothing at all stopping him from stiffing everyone and going and creating a new id to do it all over again. Look in the end it doesn't matter any ways I'm going to be #1 poker player on SBR Poker in 2016!

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    I'm talking about how you scam unemployment, welfare, medicaid, and section 8.

You come back with talking about a betpoints loan.

You need to step your troll game up, son.
    Provide proof of the four scams you accuse me of. Unlike you, I provide links to back up the facts I post.

Looking at post #27, it's easy to see who's trolling who son.

snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Quote Originally Posted by oChRoNiCo View Post
    Both Rudy & 3DB made valid points I would tend to agree with Rudy more however. Most of the examples you used to show someone doing their profession outside of work was for charity or to help friends out. Neither of these 2 things are what this guy is trying to do. Further more he really has no repercussions it's almost like a free bet here for him IMO. If he wins the bet the good people that bet with him will pay up and if he loses there is nothing at all stopping him from stiffing everyone and going and creating a new id to do it all over again. Look in the end it doesn't matter any ways I'm going to be #1 poker player on SBR Poker in 2016!
    my word is good! It was befor!

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Quote Originally Posted by snip3r2006 View Post
    my word is good! It was befor!
    It was before what? Before you changed to this new id? I don't know you at all ok it just seems odd to me that's all! You very well could be telling the truth.

snip3r2006

It was before what? Before you changed to this new id? I don't know you at all ok it just seems odd to me that's all! You very well could be telling the truth.
    i'm here since 2011 ... dont you think its a little bit long to set up a scam

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Provide proof of the four scams you accuse me of. Unlike you, I provide links to back up the facts I post.

Looking at post #27, it's easy to see who's trolling who son.
    We've been over this. You owe me around 25k in points for doing so. Yet you're a stiff. I'm not hijacking this thread, since you like to try and make everything about you, so no need to respond to this (I won't be responding to anything you post)

Triple_D_Bet

Anecdotal evidence isn't, but rudy asked for an example and i gave him numerous ones from just my personal experience. My point seems pretty valid, that people do things for fun, not just financial gain or to benefit friends/charity. My experience of enjoying playing poker with next to nothing on the line seems pretty relevant to this situation, and when the only dispute against it (a generic "people just don't do that") has been countered, I'm not sure what's left to doubt about it.

I agree that the bet had potential freeroll written all over it.

RudyRuetigger

you didn't actually give useful examples. you working on computers then posting on sbr is not the same.

im sure jjgold doesn't post on other forums without getting paid, that is a good example.

you doing IT for friend's friend adds social value and possibly networking plus just a favor for a friend.

charity is charity and I covered even before I asked for examples.

RudyRuetigger

person x works y job

person x works z job which is same as y but for way less

charity fits, but:

person x works z job but adds p for extra profits but way less than y still

people do work z job but they never add p unless y isn't truthful, IMO and this last exception rules out charity, social value, etc

Triple_D_Bet

you didn't actually give useful examples. you working on computers then posting on sbr is not the same.

im sure jjgold doesn't post on other forums without getting paid, that is a good example.

you doing IT for friend's friend adds social value and possibly networking plus just a favor for a friend.

charity is charity and I covered even before I asked for examples.
    Me helping internet randoms with programming issues isn't for charity or a friend. Me playing penny poker with friends isn't helping them either, most people don't consider losing a couple bucks to be helpful. You can claim it's for "social value" in that i feel like I'm contributing to a community, but that could apply here as well.

Why do you imagine people do things for charity? Primarily because it makes them feel better about themselves (peer recognition isn't often there). If you admit people can use work skills for non-profitable charity work because it makes them feel better, why is it so outlandish that they could use those skills for entertainment because it makes them feel better?

Have you played poker professionally rudy? I'm not trying to say you can't have an opinion if you haven't, but when a guy who has tells you he simultaneously played poker for non-monetary reasons similar to this situation, it seems foolish to continue to claim it doesn't happen.

RudyRuetigger

1st paragraph... like I said you are x person plus z work...you didn't add P for profits. see the difference pal?? 2nd...what utility is that? that's my question 3rd paragraph is that a dig at me or something? you've played professionally, but ive taken all your chips every time weve played 2 or 3way .......if a sng person plays 10 + sbr, he could just have 11

RudyRuetigger

the fact is, if he is profitable and plays during the same time as sbr poke, he is adding 1 table risk free for $5k profits. That is why he does this with the challenge

snip3r2006

the fact is, if he is profitable and plays during the same time as sbr poke, he is adding 1 table risk free for $5k profits. That is why he does this with the challenge
    sounds again like you dont think i'll pay if i loose... WHY YOU THINK THIS... and its not a 5k proffit ... its 7500 points for 500$ and i have to rollover this 5times !!! i think there is no monney in playing at sbr ... its for fun like i said

Triple_D_Bet

1st paragraph... like I said you are x person plus z work...you didn't add P for profits. see the difference pal?? 2nd...what utility is that? that's my question 3rd paragraph is that a dig at me or something? you've played professionally, but ive taken all your chips every time weve played 2 or 3way .......if a sng person plays 10 + sbr, he could just have 11
    Can't say I see the difference, your x/z/p thing isn't really clear...are you saying it makes sense to do something for free but not for a little bit of money?

If you're talking utility in a game theory way, that's exactly what I'm talking about here....utility derived from doing something isn't solely or even often measured financially.

3rd paragraph isn't a dig at you, got nothing against ya...but like I said, to say something doesn't happen when I'm telling you it did seems kinda crazy to me. It's possible I just don't understand the distinction you're trying to make, but if that's the case, you'll have to be more clear...it still seems like my example disputes your claim that people don't do that.

Yes, played professionally and no, you haven't taken all my chips every time we've played...but I'm sure you're aware people play differently when there's next to nothing on the line, like for betpoints, right? I like to have a bit more fun here than I did when I played to pay the bills, and I like to think that when I still do pretty well here screwing around, it means I didn't forget everything I knew

Assuming the extra SBR table takes up space and attention he could otherwise spend on a real money table, nothing changes and he would still be doing this for a sub-optimal expectation from a financial standpoint. When the money's not there to justify the time spent, someone's doing it for non-financial reasons.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by snip3r2006 View Post
    sounds again like you dont think i'll pay if i loose... WHY YOU THINK THIS... and its not a 5k proffit ... its 7500 points for 500$ and i have to rollover this 5times !!! i think there is no monney in playing at sbr ... its for fun like i said
    ]

right pal we are all CEOs makin 10k/day

RudyRuetigger

triple d another poker pro that's only on sbrpoker for the community

we have a ton I see

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    I'm not hijacking this thread, since you like to try and make everything about you
    This post by you proves otherwise, showing how delusional you are: Don't you have an...

Triple_D_Bet

triple d another poker pro that's only on sbrpoker for the community

we have a ton I see
    ex-poker pro, huge difference...probably don't have the ability and definitely don't have the desire to compete with the best, but for a couple years I did ok, before ny doj took it out of my hands

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I played very briefly vs sniper the other day trying to clear some old rollover and ran a hud while doing it. It's a little tough to tell because it's points and you never know how hard someone is trying, but He has the characteristics of a good player.

He could possibly be a good player and chip dumping, but I've looked through several threads and haven't seen anything that's overly suspicious.

If you want to put together an argument you'll need more evidence...

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Is it suspicious that 3 of the so called suspect ID's that had played every tournament with him are all absent tonight? Weird that they would all stop playing at the same time (after playing in every other tournament).

lsu4ever
    alessoda (sp?)
    luisballo

RudyRuetigger

i win thread

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Is it suspicious that 3 of the so called suspect ID's that had played every tournament with him are all absent tonight? Weird that they would all stop playing at the same time (after playing in every other tournament).

lsu4ever
    alessoda (sp?)
    luisballo
    yes, it must be a pain in the ass to now have to register four id's in different tournies with no possible payoff..... even more of a pain in the ass to have to actually play said id's......

after another week or so, I predict the Four Horseman will end their epic chimp dumping run, and fade into oblivion.....

First 12