astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    People who ask for more tournaments - do you realize that more tournaments will lead to increased store prices, sooner?

People who ask for 50+ seats per tournament - do you know how much pain it is to play for even 1 hour on the mac software? Most of you have never sniffed a final table, let alone a win.

Here's a good solution that will push PRO conversions but is likely to be rejected by freeloaders:

Increase the buy in . Make it 30 pt entry. This gives you 1200 EXTRA points for each 40 man tournament. Add current prizes on top of that. Tournaments are still lucrative, but won't be filled by people who have no/little intention of playing, or no realistic chance to cash in the Grand Finale (such as thechaoz). SBR could even start charging rake!
    If you charge a 30 point entry then you'd be lucky to get 10 people per tournament

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

People who ask for more tournaments - do you realize that more tournaments will lead to increased store prices, sooner?

People who ask for 50+ seats per tournament - do you know how much pain it is to play for even 1 hour on the mac software? Most of you have never sniffed a final table, let alone a win.

Here's a good solution that will push PRO conversions but is likely to be rejected by freeloaders:

Increase the buy in . Make it 30 pt entry. This gives you 1200 EXTRA points for each 40 man tournament. Add current prizes on top of that. Tournaments are still lucrative, but won't be filled by people who have no/little intention of playing, or no realistic chance to cash in the Grand Finale (such as thechaoz). SBR could even start charging rake!

That doesn't make sense. First, the entire forum has access to the store. The poker forum has only like 120 consistent players so our influence on store prices are quite small. Says you signed up in May. Last year we ran 5 daily tournaments with top 12 paying. And 10th was 100 points just for making final table. Now it's obviously only 50. So we had more tournaments and better payouts yet store prices were cheaper if anything. This is a sports forum. Us poker players are like the ugly cousin.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    That doesn't make sense. First, the entire forum has access to the store. The poker forum has only like 120 consistent players so our influence on store prices are quite small. Says you signed up in May. Last year we ran 5 daily tournaments with top 12 paying. And 10th was 100 points just for making final table. Now it's obviously only 50. So we had more tournaments and better payouts yet store prices were cheaper if anything. This is a sports forum. Us poker players are like the ugly cousin.
    Common sense isn't allowed around here!
    Last edited by astro61200; 09-11-15 at 05:26 AM.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

If we have any saying i think making 4th tourney would be better but raising back to 50 players(it was in past that anyway) is also decent idea.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Bring back the morning!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Common sense isn't allowed around here!
    Sure it makes sense to freeloaders. How much would you be willing to pay? 25 points? 15? It's all about finding the right balance, you can't just be like' give me give me give me. This is what Greece did, and look at them now.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Adding 10 more players would only add about 15 more minutes to each tourney and a lot of them would still have only 40

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

When I started here there was a 10pt buy in and 4 a day, and they were full. Go back to that setup and the players will subsidize 1600 points towards the 4th tourney of the day so SBR doesn't have to if thats the problem with getting a new timeslot open.

astro61200

Sure it makes sense to freeloaders. How much would you be willing to pay? 25 points? 15? It's all about finding the right balance, you can't just be like' give me give me give me. This is what Greece did, and look at them now.
    There is a big difference between how much I'd be willing to pay and how much others would be willing to pay.

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

With the current system, I wouldn't vote for anything that draws out the length of these tourneys. If you add 10 more spots but also increase the blinds more quickly (comparable to a turbo tourney), then that would work. Or you could try and convince SBR to eliminate the rollover so all poker points equal betpoints. If that were the case, I'd be down to increase the tourney size to 60

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    When I started here there was a 10pt buy in and 4 a day, and they were full. Go back to that setup and the players will subsidize 1600 points towards the 4th tourney of the day so SBR doesn't have to if thats the problem with getting a new timeslot open.
    pretty sure it was not 4 a day in '14 when you started or ever. for a long time before this year it 5 per day. I believe the 10am and the 9pm were removed at the same time.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Dude really? Just shut the fuk up newbie! I've seen your donk ass play and you're the last dip shit to talk about sniffing a final table or store price increases! Your lucky newbie ass wins a tourney or two and now you think you know shit! It's called newbie luck donk boy, just wait, you'll get your shitty bad beats soon enough. Enjoy your sbr luck box honeymoon, it wont last. In the meantime, Keep your idiot suggestions to yourself, nobody here, especially non pros are gonna pay a 30 pt entry fee.

"More tourneys leading to increased store prices?" That's the most stupid fuk'in thing I've heard on here in a long time! As if you've got a shit load of points to buy shit with anyway! And bitch'in about play'in on a mac, get a fuk'in windows emulator like most smart mac users have. You really don't have much go'in on upstairs in that dim fuk'in head of yours!

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Maybe you shut up? And who cares about non pro anyway?

astros - I'm willing to pay more, too.. it's a trait common for people who live in a real world, as opposed to those who live in a dream world and expect SBR/their momma/the government to always give them MORE

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Today's tournament of 95 (yes there were a lot of auto folders) had probably 50 active players. It finished in 1 hr and 50 mins. So adding 10 more players isn't going to drag out the game too long.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm, and playersonly69

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    The simplest solution is just to add another tournament at 9 PM EST.
    That's what I've been saying for ages, to bring back the 9 PM EST time slot. When SBR got rid of that one they prevented everyone on the West Coast who works 9-5 from playing.

mikejamm

Now this dumb ass is comparing SBR Poker tourneys to the economy in Greece! Do you fuk'in even bother to think about the bullshit that comes out of your mouth before you say it? Nobody here is a freeloader dip shit, we're all pros and have been one a hell of a lot longer than you! It's "PRO's" that are making the suggestions to improve the site! Go buy a fuk'in brain with your points, idiot!

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    You could go to 60 players and pay out the same spots without lengthening the tournament by simply having the blinds increase quicker. More players could play, SBR doesn't have to dole out more points and if done properly, tournaments should end in 1-1.5 hours.
    lol........ make it even more of a turbo........ already sucks ass as it is, in that once you reach a final 15 or so, it becomes an all in shove fest........... makes no sense to make it even more of a donk shove fest at the end, when you'd think you want to see some skilled poker at a final table, there is none due to the blind structure as it is now.......

Auto Donk

ps......... i say cut another tourney, so we can really see some whining and shit...... and lower the fukkin payouts

mikejamm

Anything is better than the shit we have now! You've got people on here selling fuk'in spots because of the shortage! All that does is encourage the people of Greece to be even more pissed off at us!

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I keep saying it, adding another 10 spots to 50 will only increase the tournaments a maximum of 15 minutes
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

If I have to play in a field of 50 every single day and roughly two hours just for a decent points cash, I don't see how I'll last past this current promo. That's seems exhausting and not very sustainable. We used to hit final table right at break constantly. Nowadays that doesn't exist yet some are in favor of adding 10? That's maddening.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

The replies seems to heavily favor a 4th tournament over adding 10 spots. I want to make a poll with 3 options. Are posters allowed to make polls? We can get a better total on preferences versus sifting through comments.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

10 a.m. It goes 35-40 every day. Problem solved. John must really be retired this time.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I don't get the West Coast argument for a 6pm local time tourney when they already have a Midday, 4pm and 8pm local time.

Whilst people in Europe only have 8pm, midnight and 4am right now. And those of us in Asia and beyond have times like 5am, 9am and 1pm.

A 10am or 11am would give Euros a daylight tourney and Asia one in the late evening.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't get the West Coast argument for a 6pm local time tourney when they already have a Midday, 4pm and 8pm local time.

Whilst people in Europe only have 8pm, midnight and 4am right now. And those of us in Asia and beyond have times like 5am, 9am and 1pm.

A 10am or 11am would give Euros a daylight tourney and Asia one in the late evening.
    Being from the U.S., I always wondered why other Americans push so hard for the 9pm. We have every time slot at our disposal. Unless you work 12 hour days, you basically have 4 options to choose unlike every other country.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Not sure what all the arguing is for? I signed up for 3pm at 1:55pm. Think there were 5 seats left.

Basement
    Basement's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

i wold like to see a fourth tournament.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

If you're looking to accommodate more players, adding 10 to a tourney isn't going to make it take much longer. Tourney time is determined more by blind structure than number of participants; adding 10 players to the current format would be unlikely to even add 5 minutes to the average tourney time.

The "problem" with adding players is that more players means the payout structure starts creeping back to something resembling a true skill-based payout (actual poker, rewarding skill instead of ability to fold to a mincash). When that was done previously, it was wildly unpopular and many insisted on a return to participation awards. Make up your mind fellas!

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

I don't play poker here, but every live tourney I play pays top 10 percent with the last spot being about double your buy in. Thsts just how it is

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    I don't play poker here, but every live tourney I play pays top 10 percent with the last spot being about double your buy in. Thsts just how it is
    Correct; that's how most poker is...SBR poker is much more participation based, as demanded by many. Free is free and it's still fun
    Points Awarded:

Itsamazing777 gave Triple_D_Bet 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    let me sum it up for you.........

Californians are pussies

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

The restricted tourneys and the payouts are making this more like a top 100 participation event.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

I literally can't sign up anymore. I'm not able to sign up during the day and by the time I get home to sign up for thw 11pm (4 hours before) it's already full.

Is there some reason that the daily tourneys can't be open for signup the night before, or even the morning of? I think it used to be that way.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I literally can't sign up anymore. I'm not able to sign up during the day and by the time I get home to sign up for thw 11pm (4 hours before) it's already full.

Is there some reason that the daily tourneys can't be open for signup the night before, or even the morning of? I think it used to be that way.
    I feel your pain. I just tried to sign up for the 3pm at 150pm and it's already full. Haha. I have no idea when registeration opens. Im either too early or too damn late.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    I feel your pain. I just tried to sign up for the 3pm at 150pm and it's already full. Haha. I have no idea when registeration opens. Im either too early or too damn late.
    I believe registration starts at 1045am

First 1234 Last