mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

Petition to increase # of players to 50

I understand not wanting to do more tourney's for the number of points given out....but how about increasing the number of players to 50 (or even higher)? Just got home 3.5 hrs before the last tournament and it's already filled.

The demand is certainly there....and I don't see what harm it is to SBR to have more than 40 players. If anything, having less seats open will eventually drive people away.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

More participants = longer tourney's + harder to cash.

Tourney's already go 90+ minutes, who wants to endure longer?

Post a voting poll, the results will surprise you.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4805

negative on 50

add another tourney? I'd be all for that.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

i know what you two would want....the easy road. don't care about playing a game of skill.

if waves had his choice....all tourney's would be flipping matches.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Leave the tourneys the way they are, or maybe add one more and adjust payouts if demand stays high. Today I signed up for the early game 15 minutes before start and there were 3 seats left so not sure the demand is even there.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    i know what you two would want....the easy road.
    Yep, but go pursue your difficult road. No surprise your petition is outvoted 3-0 already.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I'd be against adding more players as well. Tourneys taking way too long with 40

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

How about letting registration begin 2 hours before the tourney, so some of us who would like to play don't get blocked out by the guys that register in the morning, and then don't show up. I guarantee you there will be at least 5 no shows tonight.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1091

Like fuk head wussywaves is got something better to do!Hey wussy asshole, when you live every waking second of your miserable life here anyway, what difference does it make to you? You're inflatable girlfriend isn't going anywhere!

I'd be in favor of adding 10 more or bring back the fuk'in 9pm like we always had. This shit is fuk'in ridiculous, go to sign up for the 11pm, not even 4 fuk'in minutes after 7pm and its full already! If that doesn't tell SBR we need extra spots or an extra tourney, somebody must have their head up their ass as usual!

Best of luck mpas, but this site listens to suggestions like the diarrhea that runs outta bobbypuss' mouth. Shit is still shit, just more of it that looks the same.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34

bobbywaves

MikeSpamm, why you even play poker here? All you do is complain about free pts poker, doesn't get anymore pathetic than that. When were you ever relevant on the poker table, what have you ever accomplished here? I've never even seen your broke dikk on a World Cup team.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    This shit is fuk'in ridiculous, go to sign up for the 11pm, not even 4 fuk'in minutes after 7pm and its full already!
    I actually swiped the last spot tonight. Purposely waited to register for 40th spot, as I knew you & Mpas are slaves to the grind & just getting home from work looking to register.

sammygran
    sammygran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17156

petition to increase # of players

Need more tourneys. As it is it takes too much time.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Does a 50 person tourney really take much longer than a 40 person?

We need more seats one way or another.

Going from 200 places per day down to 120 has made it hard to get a spot. Think I have only got in 4 days from the last 8.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

Of course a 50 person tournament takes longer than a 40 person tourney. The simplest solution is just to add another tournament at 9 PM EST. Numerous people have suggested it. The length of time it takes to finish a tourney now is fine as it is.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

I'd prefer a 10am or 11am if we add any new time slots.

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Guys I appreciate all the feedback concerning the Tournaments will take a look and give it some serious consideration.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34, and Slanina

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    As we repeatedly said, there was nothin broke with the 10am tourney. Filled almost every day. SBR ignored as usual

Jatt24
    FBG
    Jatt24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

10am would be good.

Codone69
    Codone69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Love to play that morning slot if it came back

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5140

You could go to 60 players and pay out the same spots without lengthening the tournament by simply having the blinds increase quicker. More players could play, SBR doesn't have to dole out more points and if done properly, tournaments should end in 1-1.5 hours.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

The tourney is structured (blinds) so that if you added 10 more players, it wouldn't lengthen it too much (probably 30 minutes). So a 2 hr tournament isn't too bad. Heck, I used to play those old bodog tourneys that would last 6 hrs if you made the final table.

mikejamm

Does a 50 person tourney really take much longer than a 40 person?

We need more seats one way or another.

Going from 200 places per day down to 120 has made it hard to get a spot. Think I have only got in 4 days from the last 8.

And this is coming from a good Moderator here, who is having trouble getting a spot! Exactly Opti, it's not gonna add that much more time at all for 10 extra spots, considering all the bad fuk'in beats dealt out at this place. Of course it's gonna piss off fuk'in losers like bobbypuss, who might have to play an extra 10 minutes before he can shove his next greasy hamburger into his fat fuk'in ass!

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    I actually swiped the last spot tonight. Purposely waited to register for 40th spot, as I knew you & Mpas are slaves to the grind & just getting home from work looking to register.
    Yep, feels good to work for a living, compared to your sorry fat ass whose only claim to fame is your fuk'in loser life you spend all hours at here! Wow, you purposely waited on the 40th spot huh? You're real big time dick face! I'm surprised you can even grip a mouse with your fat fuk'in greasy sausage fingers!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Add a 9pm
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zacharyj53

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Yep, feels good to work for a living, compared to your sorry fat ass whose only claim to fame is your fuk'in loser life you spend all hours at here! Wow, you purposely waited on the 40th spot huh? You're real big time dick face! I'm surprised you can even grip a mouse with your fat fuk'in greasy sausage fingers!
    Keep flippin those burgers MikeSpamm, noble work you're doing there.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to relax & enjoy my retirement.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Sped home from work to try and get a spot, and tourney filled over 4 hours before it is scheduled to start. This can get old real quick.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

When I won my tourney it just over 2 hours with 40. Just add an additional tournament. increasing it to 50 or 60 might get it to the 2.5/3 hour mark which is way too much for a 5 daily tourney, season long series. Just add a 9/6pm and everything is solved

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Sped home from work to try and get a spot, and tourney filled over 4 hours before it is scheduled to start. This can get old real quick.
    Pro tip guys. Chrome remote desktop. I play from my phone half the time

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

adding 10 more players wouldn't increase the time that much since it is an extra table and people will be knocked out just as quick on each table. Another 10 players might add another 15 minutes max

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

But this is crazy!! I missed out today as well, just add another 10 players. Maybe even 5 players to each tournament would do it/

Or how about this ONLY make the last tournament of the night unlimited entries. Then all of the other players know what to expect at least

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Or how about this ONLY make the last tournament of the night unlimited entries
    You're going to give bobbywaves nightmares with that statement

I'm all for adding a 4th tournament.. preferably a morning one to cover different time zones. Maybe 11am, to go with 3pm, 7pm, and 11pm

Not for adding 10 more per tournament. It's all ready a crapshoot late in the tournament because blinds are so high, adding 10 more would make it even more luck based.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Pro tip guys. Chrome remote desktop. I play from my phone half the time
    I use TeamViewer.. assuming it's the same concept. I've played on my phone before, not ideal but it works

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

watching bobby and mike go back and forth is fukkin great

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

If there was any vote, I would be against adding 10 more players and keeping it at 40. But I'm all for adding a 4th tournament. I don't care what time slot. It just gives players more time frame options, and the additional 40 slots will give space for our Poker room to grow.

For example, new member signs up tomorrow and plays in a 50 person tournament his first two days and they take a combined 3- 3.5 hours. He only manages 250 points but still has to spend even more time to clear it... Does one think he'll stick around SBR poker? Highly unlikely.
    Most players here are "old timers". As in they developed friendships and are used to seeing the same names at the tables. So they'll be here no matter what changes SBR poker makes.

Last year I convinced 3 friends to sign up when we ran 5 daily tournaments with better payouts. All 3 went pro within a month. Upon their renewal earlier this year after payouts decreased and tournaments were cut, none renewed. So now when i send them a text that Biteme rivered me for 11th place, it's awkward.
    Last edited by Slanina; 09-11-15 at 02:15 AM.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

People who ask for more tournaments - do you realize that more tournaments will lead to increased store prices, sooner?

People who ask for 50+ seats per tournament - do you know how much pain it is to play for even 1 hour on the mac software? Most of you have never sniffed a final table, let alone a win.

Here's a good solution that will push PRO conversions but is likely to be rejected by freeloaders:

Increase the buy in . Make it 30 pt entry. This gives you 1200 EXTRA points for each 40 man tournament. Add current prizes on top of that. Tournaments are still lucrative, but won't be filled by people who have no/little intention of playing, or no realistic chance to cash in the Grand Finale (such as thechaoz). SBR could even start charging rake!

1234 Last