ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Milwaukee brewers will win the central if they keep fielder

if wainwright is gone, cardinals are done. Reds were fluke overachievers that still need pitching help.

With Shaun Marcom and Zack Greinke this will elevate the brewers to the central title

Greinke, Gallarardo, r wolf,, narveson, parra, marcum, aford, saito, hawkins,

Braun, fielder, weeks, c hart, nieves, mcghee, betancourt, c gomez,
    backups in mat gamel, mark kotsay, craig councsel, brandon boggs, chris dickerson

Looks like Adam wainwright will be out for the year for the cardinals. Either way the cards need another sp and hitter anyway
    Last edited by ttwarrior1; 02-23-11 at 03:28 PM. Reason: na

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Brewers are sick this year, but IMO need more guys that can hit for average, or they're gonna go on too many shit streaks to keep them ahead.

Reds take it, then Brewers and Cards battle for 2nd. Dave Duncan will find a scrub replacement to round out the staff, and they'll have a career year. There's one almost every year. The 3-4-5 of Pujols/Berkman/Holiday is as good as any out there. If Freese and Rasmus step it up, LaRussa will just play matchup with the other bums and they'll still compete for the division IMO.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

ttwarrior ur a great fade i love my cards bet even more.

one thing u dont know about the cards is they have the best pitching coach, they will go out get a vet and make a project outta him, he will win about 10-15 games, waino will be well rested for the postseason stretch no worries pal.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Brewers might win 85 games at the very most. The Cards will still be decent without Wainwright and Cincinnati is the team to beat in that division now. I'm not sure 85 games is going to get it done in the NL Central.

ttwarrior1

people you want to fade me because i said brewers. You just cant replace wainwright. You do know he is a top ten pitcher in baseball right? If not top 5

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

LChruscial85
    Tyler Bray to the Bills!
    LChruscial85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

They will finish 2nd behind Cincinnati, I can see them gettin by the Cards, but Cincy will only get better with that young squad

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The reds will challenge the cards for first not the Brewer's

ttwarrior1

uh the brewers got greinke and marcum now, replacing 2 bums. Good luck replacing wainwright with another pitcher. Reds overachieved last year and have too many holes.

Greinke could contend for the cy young

onetrickpony

waino is number 2, carpy is still the ace of our staff, jaime garcia will fill in nicely in the 2 spot plus hes a lefty the cards have never had a good lefty in recent memory

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Sorry for starting that other thread, and whoever it was that said the Reds were a fluke was completely off base...No they dont have a dominant 1 guy as of yet but they do have one of the better rotations in Baseball, and this may be the year they bust out..., also let in runs scored last year and i think finished 2nd in D with 3 Gold Glovers, and one that got snubbed being Bruce in the OF. How could they not be the favorites?

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    waino is number 2, carpy is still the ace of our staff, jaime garcia will fill in nicely in the 2 spot plus hes a lefty the cards have never had a good lefty in recent memory

Carpenter may have been the ace and Wainwright the number two, but Wainwright is the better pitcher.

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Sorry for starting that other thread, and whoever it was that said the Reds were a fluke was completely off base...No they dont have a dominant 1 guy as of yet but they do have one of the better rotations in Baseball, and this may be the year they bust out..., also let in runs scored last year and i think finished 2nd in D with 3 Gold Glovers, and one that got snubbed being Bruce in the OF. How could they not be the favorites?
    too many flukes on that roster, dont let the books take ur money by thinking is this the same fluke reds from last year.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Things just opened up for my Buccos!!!!!!! (fuk me in the beard)

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Watch and see pony hate to say but i think your going to be sadly mistaken, so who u got?
    By the way i think Fielder is starting to fade...Another thing how are they flukes?
    Like Votto winning the MVP is that a fluke, Bronson has pitched more innings than anyone except maybe, maybe 1 or 2 pitchers in the last 3 years and has had at least 15wins in the last 3-4 years...6 straight seasons with 200+IP
    Last edited by Bcatswin; 02-23-11 at 04:01 PM.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

cubs will win central

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Lmao wv

ttwarrior1

So cards are gonna win more games without wainwright, and brewers not win more with greinke and marcum
    Last edited by ttwarrior1; 02-23-11 at 03:53 PM. Reason: said so

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

What has plagued Milwaukee in recent years has been a lack of starting pitching and poor play on the road. Theres no question they can mash but now that they actually have a Pitching Staff they may be the favorites to win the division even without Prince Fielder.

Giants win the NL West

Phillies win the NL East

Central is a 3 tm race which slightly favors the Brewers, then Reds, then Cardinals (some may even argue with this order)

In the end it won't matter as none of the teams in the Central can even hold a candle to Phladelphia or San Francisco

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Carpenter wasn't there best pitcher anymore it was wainwright! If anybody thinks different they need to get a new tv.
    If wainwright is done for the year that will be a HUGE blow. The reds will be pretty good again and have to be the favorites now for sure. I also think the brewers(which is my favorite team) are going to be very good. If the brewers lineup produces like it can they could be very dangerous.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Fielder is a better skilled version of Ryan Howard. He needs to get in shape.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Hate to say it, but dont see a central team competing with either of those teams as well, but u never no...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Subtract Braun and Prince from the lineup, what do you have?

Lucroy and Kottaras are mediocre at best offensivly, but love the way Lucroy plays behind the plate.
    Weeks and McGehee have some pop, Gamel is a question mark.
    Where's the power in the OF?

Gallardo is a stud, love the kid, but Wolf is not a 2 man.

I don't know, this team is OK, but doesn't WOW me.

onetrickpony

cats, this reds team will fall apart. i dont see rolen producing like he did, those surgeries are getting to him as we saw during the end of the season/playoffs. jay bruce will continue to rack the k's up at a record pace for nl pitchers just like ur fluke mvp. arroyo has way too many ip the last year few years, will take a toll on him during some point in the season. its a bunch of guys who are decent thrown together on a team that lacks passion to win consistently,like bronson who is in it for the money.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Subtract Braun and Prince from the lineup, what do you have? Lucroy and Kottaras are mediocre at best offensivly, but love the way Lucroy plays behind the plate. Weeks and McGehee have some pop, Gamel is a question mark. Where's the power in the OF? Gallardo is a stud, love the kid, but Wolf is not a 2 man. I don't know, this team is OK, but doesn't WOW me.
    Take away Albert and Holliday.....same thing. Greinke/Gallardo both solid 1/2 guys. Wainrights loss is more important than the Phillies adding Lee IMO.

warriorfan707

You could subtract the top 2 offensive players on a lot of teams (if not all) and ask the same question.

WvGambler

Dont foget what a healthy Cueto and Volquez can do. Reds have a very good young staff.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Fielder is a better skilled version of Ryan Howard. He needs to get in shape.
    If he could get in great shape he becomes an easy MVP candidate

kahnner

The brewers are one of the top offensive teams the last couple years. There pitching has been horrid. Now you add grienke and marcum, they have a really good pitching staff.

kahnner

Fielder will have a GREAT season this year. If you look at his numbers over the years he always follows up a not so great season with a great season! He's also playing for BIG money this year.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    If he could get in great shape he becomes an easy MVP candidate
    Prince doesnt need to get in shape, as much as he just needs to make sure he doesnt get any further out of shape. He's not gonna be a base stealer regardless, and has enough quickness to get around the bases and field his position well. He has not shown that his weight is really an issue.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Prince doesnt need to get in shape, as much as he just needs to make sure he doesnt get any further out of shape. He's not gonna be a base stealer regardless, and has enough quickness to get around the bases and field his position well. He has not shown that his weight is really an issue.
    He could probably put up even better numbers if he was in better physical shape though

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    cubs will win central
    Lol I'm a cubs fan and still can't help but laugh at this

Lucroy and Kottaras are mediocre at best offensivly, but love the way Lucroy plays behind the plate.
    Weeks and McGehee have some pop, Gamel is a question mark.
    Where's the power in the OF?

Gallardo is a stud, love the kid, but Wolf is not a 2 man.

I don't know, this team is OK, but doesn't WOW me.
    The Brewers had the #2 offense in the NL last year and 4th in the MLB with Alcides Escobar, Craig Counsell, Lucroy/Kottaras, and Carlos Gomez all getting over 200 PA.

Betancourt will be an upgrade over Escobar's season last year, Counsell won't see as many AB's, Lucroy (apparently broke his pinky today) is a year older and can't be worse than he was last year, and Gomez is still only 25 and can get better.

I don't understand what you mean by "Where's the power in the OF?" Braun and Corey Hart will combine for 50 HR's. Did you want more?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Votto will have same type of year if not better this year, and mark my words Bruce is going to have a damn fine season he was coming on strong at the end of last year, he is still a freaking kid...Cannot wait to pull this page back up in the 2nd half, your opinions are respected boys, i just agree with mine...LOL

warriorfan707

Cubs fans have been saying that since that comet slammed into the Yucatan peninsula

win something or grab some pine

123 Last