opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

All of Trump's kids first class individuals. Too bad they can't be very involved. Would all be a great asset to this country.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    All of Trump's kids first class individuals. Too bad they can't be very involved. Would all be a great asset to this country.
    Opies right Ivanka has some great ASSets on her

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Ivanka is hot

Hell yeah.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It's not that complicated. It ain't blind if you know what's in it.
    Incorrect. http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/blindtrust.asp

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Incorrect. http://congressionalresearch.com/RS21656/document.php

CRS Report for Congress
    The Use of Blind Trusts By Federal Officials
    Jack Maskell
    Legislative Attorney
    American Law Division
    Summary
    A blind trust, as discussed in this report, is a device employed by a federal official
    to hold, administer and manage the private financial assets, investments and ownerships
    of the official, and his or her spouse and dependant children, as a method of conflict of
    interest avoidance. In establishing a qualified blind trust upon the approval of the
    appropriate supervisory ethics entity, the official transfers, without restriction, control
    and management of private assets to an independent trustee who may not communicate
    information about the identity of the holdings in the trust to the official. The trust is
    considered “blind” because eventually, through the sale of transferred assets and the
    purchase of new ones, the public officer will be shielded from knowledge of the identity
    of the specific assets in the trust.
    Without such knowledge, conflict of interest issues
    would be avoided because no particular asset in the trust could act as an influence upon
    the official duties that the officer performs for the Government.

---------------

And this makes sense. The BLIND in blind trust obviously means that the individual for whom it's blind is supposed to not know what is held by the trust (to avoid influence and conflict of interest). If it's simply that someone else is managing your money for your benefit but you know what is held - that's a trust - but that's not a blind trust. And the conflict of interest is not removed if it's not blind.

All that said, it's my understanding that there's a hole in the law that technically makes the president not subject to this, even though every past president has abided by it. Of course, we know that Trump is not constrained by voluntary ethical norms and practices.
    Last edited by d2bets; 11-15-16 at 09:58 PM.

grease lightnin
    &

Incorrect. http://congressionalresearch.com/RS21656/document.php

CRS Report for Congress
    The Use of Blind Trusts By Federal Officials
    Jack Maskell
    Legislative Attorney
    American Law Division
    Summary
    A blind trust, as discussed in this report, is a device employed by a federal official
    to hold, administer and manage the private financial assets, investments and ownerships
    of the official, and his or her spouse and dependant children, as a method of conflict of
    interest avoidance. In establishing a qualified blind trust upon the approval of the
    appropriate supervisory ethics entity, the official transfers, without restriction, control
    and management of private assets to an independent trustee who may not communicate
    information about the identity of the holdings in the trust to the official. The trust is
    considered “blind” because eventually, through the sale of transferred assets and the
    purchase of new ones, the public officer will be shielded from knowledge of the identity
    of the specific assets in the trust.
    Without such knowledge, conflict of interest issues
    would be avoided because no particular asset in the trust could act as an influence upon
    the official duties that the officer performs for the Government.

Can you not read? The assets do not have to be liquidated before they enter the trust. You just highlighted my point in your own post yet you are continuing to argue with me.

Go get bent guy.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Can you not read? The assets do not have to be liquidated before they enter the trust. You just highlighted my point in your own post yet you are continuing to argue with me.

Go get bent guy.
    Before or immediately is irrelevant. Obviously a person knows what they transfer to a trust. Always. The point is that simply transferring his assets into a trust and calling it a blind trust does not make it a blind trust. If the trustee doesn't have the directive to liquidate and reinvest in new assets, then by definition it ain't a blind trust. And it also ain't a blind trust if his kids manage it.

Or put another way: the trust becomes a blind trust only if and when the grantor no longer knows what's in the trust and the trust is managed by a completely independent third-party. Until those requisites are met, then it's just a trust. It may be revocable or irrevocable. It could be also be a grantor trust or non-grantor trust for tax purposes. 'Blind' is just a descriptive term for when a trust that meets those requirements.

You can admit you're wrong at any time.
    Last edited by d2bets; 11-15-16 at 10:07 PM.

grease lightnin
    &

Before or immediately after is not the point.
    You realize your quote used the word 'eventually' not 'immediately', right?

The point is that simple transferring his assets into a trust and calling it a blind trust does not make it a blind trust. If the trustee does not liquidate and reinvest in new assets, then by definition it ain't a blind trust.
    You are missing my point. By your definition, there is no such thing as a blind trust unless the entirety of the public officer's assets are liquid marketable securities. But this is unrealistic. This is why the investopedia article says there is no way to completely avoid conflicts of interest. It lists the media and public outcry as better tools to avaoid such conflicts of interest than blind trusts.

You suggesting that DJT liquidate all his assets before Jan is unrealistic and ridiculous.

I am going to bed. Good night.
    Last edited by grease lightnin; 11-15-16 at 10:25 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

You realize your quote used the word 'eventually' not 'immediately', right?

You are missing my point. There is no such thing as a blind trust unless the entirety of the public officer's assets are liquid marketable securities. This is why the investopedia article says there is no way to completely avoid conflicts of interest. It lists the media and public outcry as better tools to avaoid such conflicts of interest than blind trusts.

You suggesting that DJT liquidate all his assets before Jan is unrealistic and ridiculous.

I am going to bed. Good night.
    That's probably true in terms of timing. But he should turn it over to an independent trustee immediately with instructions to liquidate as soon as possible. His business entanglements are completely unmanageable if he doesn't get very serious about it very quickly. It will completely swamp him during his presidency. Maybe he'll end up quitting out of frustration.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Trump will be the third President to get a blow job in the Oval office. First was JFK, then Bill.
    I could have sworn that I heard the poet, Too Short, say something about Nancy Reagan and corn on the cob. I could be wrong though.

Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39242

You're all BLIND. TRUST me on that.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post

Hell yeah.
    Looks like a high end tranny to me..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Shafted69

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

How many can say they bang in the White House

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    How many can say they bang in the White House
    A handful of us.

Even a maid needs to be banged sometimes, no?

grease lightnin
    &

That's probably true in terms of timing. But he should turn it over to an independent trustee immediately with instructions to liquidate as soon as possible. His business entanglements are completely unmanageable if he doesn't get very serious about it very quickly. It will completely swamp him during his presidency. Maybe he'll end up quitting out of frustration.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/politi...ett/index.html

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I am not sure about this because they were asked this very question in the 60 minutes interview on Sunday.

The boys said they will be in NYC running the family business, Ivanka said she would be advocating for women's issues and children. All the shit Melania would have said if she could speak english. But she made it clear she would not work for the Admin.

Trump said he would not take the salary. I thought that was admirable
    there is a nepotism law in place.

chico2663

Doing away with the IRS? The EPA? Unreal that you actually think this.

Now that Trump has won, rkelley and d2 have gone the way of brooks and shruter.

Greaser IS a moderate. And the only one here apparently.
    greaser he said it in his speeches. Guess you never watched.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Doing away with the IRS? The EPA? Unreal that you actually think this.

Now that Trump has won, rkelley and d2 have gone the way of brooks and shruter.

Greaser IS a moderate. And the only one here apparently.
    You must listen closer to what the Donald says my friend. Tax code simplification? He's said about doing
    away with the EPA during one of his rally rants.

The guy is audited every year. That's what happens when you take a billion dollar loss. Think of the money
    him and his rich buddies can pocket w/o an IRS.

EPA is a huge pain in the ass to his businesses of real estate and to the oil sector, especially fracking of which
    he wants to go full bore on.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    You must listen closer to what the Donald says my friend. Tax code simplification? He's said about doing
    away with the EPA during one of his rally rants.

The guy is audited every year. That's what happens when you take a billion dollar loss. Think of the money
    him and his rich buddies can pocket w/o an IRS.

EPA is a huge pain in the ass to his businesses of real estate and to the oil sector, especially fracking of which
    he wants to go full bore on.
    Tax reform and various deregulations will likely occur, but to say he will "do away" with entire govt agencies is alarmist-speak, and I like you, but it lowers your credibility, imo.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Tax reform and various deregulations will likely occur, but to say he will "do away" with entire govt agencies is alarmist-speak, and I like you, but it lowers your credibility, imo.
    Good luck with serious tax "reform." The income tax code will not shrink. Maybe he'll end AMT, which would be good. Hopefully he'll also carry through on his promise to end carried interest.

chico2663

Good luck with serious tax "reform." The income tax code will not shrink. Maybe he'll end AMT, which would be good. Hopefully he'll also carry through on his promise to end carried interest.
    That amt used to piss me off. I got hit with that every year

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

You're probably right, because he's talking down what he was saying on the campaign trail. IE: drain the swamp.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Ivanka is hot af compared to the obama girls

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I could have sworn that I heard the poet, Too Short, say something about Nancy Reagan and corn on the cob. I could be wrong though.
    sinatra was boning nancy in the white house.

grease lightnin
    &

I am hoping he lowers corporate tax, closes loopholes and has a tax holiday for corporate cash to be repatriated from overseas

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Ivanka is hot af compared to the obama girls
    The Obama girls are minors.

First 12