Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I would say they had a 1st class organization set up for Bill Callahan, but he couldn't do anything at all, and by the time Pelini got there, that program was no longer the place to be. He still ended up with 9 and 10 win seasons.

The problem Husker alumni (like Tommie Frazier) had were the same problems old Miami Hurricane alumni had with their coaches -- They were all dumb enough to think their program was still relevant. Neither one of them are. They should all be thrilled with a 10 win season, for what are now 2nd tier programs. Same shit going on in Texas now. If you're not our legendary coach from decades ago, if you so even glance in the wrong direction, we'll run you out of town. Dumb dumb dumb.

And with that O-line, the 2002 Ravens weren't even going to be able to stop Wisky's running game.
    If Pelini wasn't a hot head then he MIGHT still have a job at Nebraska. Pelini was also scared to surround himself with good coaches and would fire his buddies when they couldn't coach. He was an embarrassment to the program. And your comment about the O-Line..... doesn't that fall on the coaching and recruiting? lol

I hope Pelini takes the Purdue job. Would save Nebraska millions in his buyout! Plus would love to face him every year and be able to enjoy watching his meltdowns for once!

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    If Pelini wasn't a hot head then he MIGHT still have a job at Nebraska. Pelini was also scared to surround himself with good coaches and would fire his buddies when they couldn't coach. He was an embarrassment to the program. And your comment about the O-Line..... doesn't that fall on the coaching and recruiting? lol

I hope Pelini takes the Purdue job. Would save Nebraska millions in his buyout! Plus would love to face him every year and be able to enjoy watching his meltdowns for once!
    My point was Wisconsin ran on everybody. Not stopping them didn't seem like as big of a failure to me, since nobody else was either.

And Pelini was a hot head, but it seemed to me at least more funny than it was shameful. You are probably a lot closer to the program than I ever was, but from afar it didn't seem so bad. ESPN likes to make big controversy out of small controversy.

And I didn't know that about the buyout. Hope it happens. Seems like it would be beneficial for both schools.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You heard it here first. Do not be surprised to see RichRod here next season. He is finished at Arizona. He has 25 losses in 4+ seasons and counting. Prudue gives hi a chance to build from the bottom with few, if any expectations on him for the first 3 years.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

RichRod, no way. Players don't want to play for him. Dismantles winning programs. What's not to love?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Which is why he is perfect at Purdue. He is inheriting a loser. He is also a name, something which Purdue desperately needs for recruiting purposes.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

ha, ha. RichRod is not going to Purdue unless they give me $5 million.

First 12