sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

I can see any one of those fights going either way. Not a good parlay. Id pick the one most comfortable with and hammer it.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    I can see any one of those fights going either way. Not a good parlay. Id pick the one most comfortable with and hammer it.
    I'd risk all of my SBR betpoints on Jones in a heartbeat if they'd allow it. No way Cormier wins.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Jon Jones looks like a murder suspect you'd see on the 11pm news, gotta take him
    absolutely.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by whatmoneydo View Post
    Damn couldnt see in this vid but Cormier threw his shoe at Jon Jones
    Inside MMA show that just aired was talking about the shoe throwing incident.. Funny stuff coming from an MMA fighter...
    Attached Images  

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

So, as has already been pointed out, McCain is basically the man. He was famously against MMA back when everybody with half a brain should have been against it. Eye gouges, crotch shots, gi's in the cage, and no weight classes? I didn't support the UFC back then either. Now that the UFC did away with all that garbage, he's on the bandwagon with the rest of us. So don't be criticizing the old man just because you don't know what you're talking about. If memory serves he was a pretty bad ass boxer back in the day as well.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

And now "Behind the scenes" trash talking and death threats. Well played UFC, going very WCW on this one.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/2014/08/vid...a-death-threat

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

$100 says they hug and show the up most respect for one another after the fight.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    $100 says they hug and show the up most respect for one another after the fight.
    Yep. I agree. You won't be seeing any Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard post fight.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Which, I'll admit, I want to see this fight.

However, would've wanted to see it anyway. I guess the hype helps the guys on the edge of ordering or not.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Which, I'll admit, I want to see this fight.

However, would've wanted to see it anyway. I guess the hype helps the guys on the edge of ordering or not.
    Will do great #'s. Would love to DC win then say, "Fukk you." When Jones tries to be all fake and cordial.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

jones plays a good bad guy.
    Last edited by imadegen; 08-09-14 at 12:06 AM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    And now "Behind the scenes" trash talking and death threats. Well played UFC, going very WCW on this one.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/2014/08/vid...a-death-threat
    That really seemed fake to me lol. U lazy fuks who throw around the fake label all the time are very comical.

LoneWolf420
    LoneWolf420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol we just gave you examples of that prove that Dana isnt that concerned yet you still just ignored and repeated your argument. So I'll follow course and repeat as well... why would Dana allow this to be shown to millions of viewers if he was so worried about "mainstream acceptance"?

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Yes, because that incident wasn't on Sportscenter or Fox Sports or talked about all over the mainstream sports channels. The UFC is accepted mainstream. It's accepted so much so that many people refer to MMA as UFC. As far as Dana protecting the brand...let's see how well he protects the brand when he's hyping the Carano/Rousey fight. It is a joke of a fight that will be over in under a minute, the division is a joke, TUF has been a joke for a decade +, the hyping of Rousey and McGregor has been too much to watch. As imadegen stated, Dana has fallen way back in that regard. Dana doesn't give two fukks about the NSAC as long as they issue licenses to the fighters, which they will.

Still waiting on why a 10+ year old McCain opinion is relevant. You know, since he's writing letters to Governors and trying to get states to ban MMA all while his state is hosting a card in December.
    What do a couple of butt hurt white boys (ON TV), who were obliviously rapped in prison, in a house far away from hurting innocent people, have to do with how a professional acts in a public setting?

Joe Rogan thinks that the brawl between Jon Jones and Danial Cormier is 'a weapon to be used against MMA. UFC commentator Joe Rogan said, “This can't happen. You can't do that. This is real bad for the sport. It's real bad. It's real bad for public perception. It's a weapon to be used against MMA. It's unfortunate." Rogan said.

"I do believe we have to carry ourselves more respectfully, MMA is a very new sport, and when we behave the way we did, it's easy to say it's just a sport filled with thugs. It's not for the good of the sport of MMA for us to be engaging in that kind of behavior," Cormier said.

"We're still new, and the verdict isn't out on us yet. People don't necessarily know us outside of the cage, so it is very important for us to put our best foot forward every time, which it wasn't yesterday. Cormier said.

On this, Jones and Cormier concurred."They have every right to be disappointed," Jones said. "I need to look at it as a guy who, I look at that situation and, maybe I was wrong. I apologize for it. Some people are going to be entertained by it, but others found it distasteful and I apologize to them." Jones said.

“This is certainly not a proud moment for the UFC organization,” said Kirk Hendrick. “We expect more from our athletes, especially these two gentlemen, who are very well-trained and highly educated professionals. Their actions were clearly a violation of the UFC’s code of conduct.” Hendrick said.

“We are going to reserve our right to penalize both fighters after the commission has made a decision. We expect more from our athletes and we are prepared to levy sanctions to reinforce the appropriate behavior,” Hendrick said.

“There are going to be ramifications,” Hendrick concluded. “Whether you’re the champion, or this is your first fight in the UFC, there are going to be ramifications from the UFC for these actions.”

Dana White is always preaching to the big suits that his fighters are mature, college-educated businessmen and how his fighters are smarter and more mature than the average boxer. All those big suits are laughing and mocking Dana, right now.

The McCain argument shows that every man has a price. Dana most definitely does give a serious fukk about the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Do you know what a lobbyist is? What this means for Dana is when it’s time to negotiate that under the table political contribution… the price just went up.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    That really seemed fake to me lol. U lazy fuks who throw around the fake label all the time are very comical.
    Do they dislike each other? Yes. Is the UFC and the media going over the top with this "hatred" in order to promote this fight? Absolutely. The UFC has struggled all year long. Most of their champions have been laid up with injury this year. No Anderson Silva, no GSP, they are hurting bad in the PPV department. You don't think a multi-billion dollar company couldn't have kept an "off camera" conversation off the wire? Be smarter, pal. The UFC is playing with the marks on this one trying to get the casual fan to care.

First 123