Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Cant make it up

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

listening to them on jay mohr show and they sound like 2 lil girls whining about who hurt whose feelings first.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    listening to them on jay mohr show and they sound like 2 lil girls whining about who hurt whose feelings first.
    Agreed, these guys just need to get in the cage and fight already.. More and more it looks like it was staged for the hype more then anything else.. Both these guys are very cerebral and calm by nature and have never had outbursts like this before, so for both to lose their emotions and minds at this pre event seems a little far fetched and staged to me... Both too calm now in the after math interviews as well..

JJ did get the first take down already.. LOL.... Signs of things to come perhaps?

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

why wasn't Dana in between them in the first place? they probably would have backed off by his command like every fighters usually do when things begin to heat up during press conferences/weigh ins.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    why wasn't Dana in between them in the first place? they probably would have backed off by his command like every fighters usually do when things begin to heat up during press conferences/weigh ins.
    He on Safari somewhere.

I can see his instructions to them. "Since I won't be there and have an alibi, make it look good. Alright guys?"

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Will this fight over take UFC 100 as biggest mma ppv ever?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Jon Jones is one bad motha. Playing the head game well. Cormier is already psyched out.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Will this fight over take UFC 100 as biggest mma ppv ever?
    No chance.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    No chance.
    Why is UFC 100 the biggest ppv ever??

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Brock Lesnar

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Brock Lesnar

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

UFC 100 Results

Main Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Heavyweight Brock Lesnar (c) def Frank Mir (ic) TKO (punches) 2 1:48 [a]
    Welterweight Georges St-Pierre (c) def Thiago Alves Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–44, 50–45) 5 5:00 [b]
    Middelweight Dan Henderson def Michael Bisping KO (punch) 2 3:20 [c]
    Welterweight Jon Fitch def Paulo Thiago Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00 [d]
    Middleweight Yoshihiro Akiyama def Alan Belcher Decision (split) (30–27, 28–29, 29–28) 3 5:00
    Preliminary Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Light Heavyweight Mark Coleman def Stephan Bonnar Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00
    Light Heavyweight Jon Jones def Jake O'Brien Submission (modified guillotine choke) 2 2:43
    Lightweight Jim Miller def. Mac Danzig Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
    Welterweight Dong Hyun Kim def TJ Grant Decision (unanimous)(30–26, 30–26, 30–26) 3 5:00
    Middleweight Tom Lawlor def CB Dollaway Submission (guillotine choke) 1 0:55
    Lightweight Shannon Gugerty def Matt Grice Submission (guillotine choke) 1 2:36

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

i guess the lazy thing to go with is saying it was staged.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

stage to hype up the fight, as usual!

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    That's a pretty solid card. I can see why now. Had no idea.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf420 View Post
    Do you know the backdoor politics that are involved with MMA? People don’t know that McCain sent letters to 50 governors urging them to ban the UFC. States began to ban MMA across the country. Cable networks and sponsors wanted nothing to do with the UFC.

Dana is trying to legalize and legitimize MMA in every state. PPV numbers mean jack $hit. He wants to make the UFC mainstream. It’s about mainstream acceptance, legalizing the sport in every state and worldwide expansion. This damages the brand.

There are people that are appalled by this. I guarantee something like this will never happen again. Expect to see changes because of this. Dana is working damage control. You are the one that’s naive.

We like it, uppity suits don't.

I would've agreed with this statement a few years ago, but my respect for Dana isn't the same as it was before. He's shown a willingness to get caught up in contradictions, and flat out lie. The fact is the popularity of the UFC has halted for the time being. Ufc fight-pass, the deal with fox, opening up a straw-weight division etc. are all business moves that aren't geniune to the promotion of MMA, they're genuine in the promotion of business and receiving attention…. neither of which is working.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

you know how jones never even looks at his opponents, now all of a sudden he is getting in a fight with one.
    Has jones ever fought going backwards? because he's gonna have to if he doesnt want to get clinched, i'd really doubt he's gonna be able to knee kick or put his hand on top of cormier's head without getting clinched

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

I didn't understand the hate for Jon Jones...Now I understand. What an ass clown.

Jones and Cormier suck at hyping a fight. Leave it to McGregor and shut your piehole.

Their scuffle doesn't make this fight more interesting. It just damages the sport and the brand.

Guys can't be assaulting each other outside of the cage.

Parlay Dillashaw, Jones and McGregor... TANK me later.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you haven't seen the Q&A today, it's a must-watch:

"He'll wake up and he'll bow before me"

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

Risk
    CA$ 97.23

To Win
    CA$ 300.01

Your wager has been placed.

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Bad Tattoo 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Tattoo View Post

Risk
    CA$ 97.23

To Win
    CA$ 300.01

Your wager has been placed.

Looks like money.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Looks like money.
    damn straight buddy

Lee Jones
    Lee Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

Might have to be following on that bet. Goodluck!

LoneWolf420
    LoneWolf420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yes, Mccain's disdain for mma is old news, you are talking like a newb who's just started watching ufc and has been reading about the history of ufc on wikipedia!

Lol dana and sholler couldnt give two shiits about it! They are all over twitter joking about it and having a laugh. If dana was really tht bothered about things like this he wouldnt have all the bullshit on tuf like junie browning and the "let me bang bro" douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    vaughany, does this guy even roll?

P.S. Newb Wolf420, the UFC just announced a Fox card in AZ, you know, the state in which McCain is a Senator.
    Newb? You both sound like kids who didn’t even know what the UFC was until 2005. I don’t think you’re old enough to know what a (BUD) big ugly dish was or what Viewer’s Choice was. I had a big backyard satellite dish and ordered UFC 1 on Viewer's Choice.

It’s all about image. All Dana cares about it protecting the brand. Having two giant, black, trained killers going at it, (like Caesar and Koba), in front of a bunch of scared white people doesn’t help Danas plan for mainstream acceptance. The incident pissed off a bunch of suits, and (most importantly) the Nevada State Athletic Commission. You kids are too young to understand politics. Forget about me and continue on...

Imadegen, I apologize for hijacking your thread.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Newb? You both sound like kids who didn’t even know what the UFC was until 2005. I don’t think you’re old enough to know what a (BUD) big ugly dish was or what Viewer’s Choice was. I had a big backyard satellite dish and ordered UFC 1 on Viewer's Choice.

It’s all about image. All Dana cares about it protecting the brand. Having two giant, black, trained killers going at it, (like Caesar and Koba), in front of a bunch of scared white people doesn’t help Danas plan for mainstream acceptance. The incident pissed off a bunch of suits, and (most importantly) the Nevada State Athletic Commission. You kids are too young to understand politics. Forget about me and continue on...

lol we just gave you examples of that prove that Dana isnt that concerned yet you still just ignored and repeated your argument. So I'll follow course and repeat as well... why would Dana allow this to be shown to millions of viewers if he was so worried about "mainstream acceptance"?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Yes, because that incident wasn't on Sportscenter or Fox Sports or talked about all over the mainstream sports channels. The UFC is accepted mainstream. It's accepted so much so that many people refer to MMA as UFC. As far as Dana protecting the brand...let's see how well he protects the brand when he's hyping the Carano/Rousey fight. It is a joke of a fight that will be over in under a minute, the division is a joke, TUF has been a joke for a decade +, the hyping of Rousey and McGregor has been too much to watch. As imadegen stated, Dana has fallen way back in that regard. Dana doesn't give two fukks about the NSAC as long as they issue licenses to the fighters, which they will.

Still waiting on why a 10+ year old McCain opinion is relevant. You know, since he's writing letters to Governors and trying to get states to ban MMA all while his state is hosting a card in December.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

In 1996, Arizona Senator John McCain famously categorized the sport of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) as nothing more than “human cockfighting” and made it his personal agenda to ban it from the airways. However, by 2007, McCain seemed to have softened a bit by saying the “sport has made significant progress.” Flash forward to 2014, and the same Arizona Senator can be seen working closely with MMA promoters to fund brain injury research at the Cleveland Clinic. Even more surprising was his comment that he absolutely would have participated in MMA as a young man in the Navy if it were around.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertszczerba/2014/04/03/mixed-martial-arts-and-the-evolution-of-john-mccain/
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

IN MY DAY, ALL THE FAMILY WOULD GATHER 'ROUND THE PICTURE BOX TO WATCH UFC 1 IN STANDARD DEFINITION

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

UFC 1 was in 1993.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    If you haven't seen the Q&A today, it's a must-watch:

"He'll wake up and he'll bow before me"
    lol at McGregor's entrance...all propped up with shoulders back! looked like a right plonker!

I love Megan Olivi btw...penetrate Benavidez

edit: haha guy at 30:35 says "Benavidez, really?"!!!! respek
    Last edited by Vaughany; 08-06-14 at 10:32 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol guy asks Cormier if he will wear goggles to deal with Jones' fingers in the eyes, Jones says "that's my move, it works, cant believe nobody else uses it yet"!

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Nothing to see here. No damage what so ever to the brand. Give me a break, they are fighters. Jones wins by KO.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Tattoo View Post

Risk
    CA$ 97.23

To Win
    CA$ 300.01

Nice parlay play... I can certainly see all these fights cashing!!

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Agreed, these guys just need to get in the cage and fight already.. More and more it looks like it was staged for the hype more then anything else.. Both these guys are very cerebral and calm by nature and have never had outbursts like this before, so for both to lose their emotions and minds at this pre event seems a little far fetched and staged to me... Both too calm now in the after math interviews as well..

JJ did get the first take down already.. LOL.... Signs of things to come perhaps?
    No and no. Cormier pushed Cummins as well, and a takedown isn't getting pushed over by 3-4 people and someone jumping in top of you, sorry jib.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Jones View Post
    Might have to be following on that bet. Goodluck!
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Nice parlay play... I can certainly see all these fights cashing!!
    thanks men

First 123 Last