Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just don't agree with this. Almost as dumb as signing Mark "INT" Sanchez. Seriously what are they thinking.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Just don't agree with this. Almost as dumb as signing Mark "INT" Sanchez. Seriously what are they thinking.
    This was not a football decision, so tough to call it "dumb". This came out just before his release:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports DeSean Jackson's off-field behavior, particularly his connection to a Los Angeles street gang, is the Eagles' chief concern and main reason they're entertaining trading or releasing him.

Jackson has a problem with missing team meetings, and the Eagles reportedly believe his friends are becoming a powerful, negative influence. The team is "concerned about having [Jackson] around the younger players." Jackson has become close with a man named Theron Shakir, a member of the Crips and one of two men charged in the murder of a 14-year-old rival gang member. The Eagles simply don't want to wake up to an Aaron Hernandez situation one morning. Jackson has very likely played his last down for the Eagles.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    This was not a football decision, so tough to call it "dumb". This came out just before his release:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports DeSean Jackson's off-field behavior, particularly his connection to a Los Angeles street gang, is the Eagles' chief concern and main reason they're entertaining trading or releasing him.

Jackson has a problem with missing team meetings, and the Eagles reportedly believe his friends are becoming a powerful, negative influence. The team is "concerned about having [Jackson] around the younger players." Jackson has become close with a man named Theron Shakir, a member of the Crips and one of two men charged in the murder of a 14-year-old rival gang member. The Eagles simply don't want to wake up to an Aaron Hernandez situation one morning. Jackson has very likely played his last down for the Eagles.
    Jackson is a All Pro Player. To call into question his "off field behavior" when in fact he hasn't done anything seriously wrong is inappropriate. Furthermore the author who foolishly and irresponsibly makes a comparison of Jackson to Aaron Hernandez is laughable. At the end of the day the Eagles Organization can do as they see fit but I find it hard to swallow considering all the behavior of players which is glossed over that is far more disturbing than what Jackson is being accused.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles have as good a salary cap flexibility as anyone. Their M.O. is cutting aging vets who underperform their long-term contract #s. This is not that.

Read the stories, even Vick said Jackson needed to change aspects of his life ... it's not just an off-field issue. Anyone who follows the Eagles knows that Jackson had plenty of the T.O. gene in him. Most of it did not show on the sidelines or the field, but I think it's been a locker room problem for a bit. And demanding an extension a couple days after the season was over is just another symbol of the me first attitude.

With a new coach comes a different voice and also more of a chance that bullshit won't be allowed to continue to flow. Reid let that locker room slip a bit before he left and I commend Master Chip if this is partially his call. Obviously leaving the door open for plenty of criticism if they fail to produce offensively, but I think they believe they'll find a piece to plug in and be fine.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 03-28-14 at 07:26 PM.

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Gang affiliation
    So he's a functioning retard.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

May think he's a cancer so I doubt a lot of teams are going to want him

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Coach what would odds be on Aaron Hernandez playing anything other than yard ball the rest of his life?

JJ he could walk!!!!!!!!!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    May think he's a cancer so I doubt a lot of teams are going to want him
    Teams are gonna line up,but DJax is gonna find out how he screwed himself by the minimal offer he gets. Six teams supposedly asked his agent already and obviously KC was one of the first rumored teams. Would not doubt that Big Red feeds his dysfunction by signing him. Easy sell for Reid to KC since they have history.

PapaDBets
    PapaDBets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Eagles have as good a salary cap flexibility as anyone. Their M.O. is cutting aging vets who underperform their long-term contract #s. This is not that.

Read the stories, even Vick said Jackson needed to change aspects of his life ... it's not just an off-field issue. Anyone who follows the Eagles knows that Jackson had plenty of the T.O. gene in him. Most of it did not show on the sidelines or the field, but I think it's been a locker room problem for a bit. And demanding an extension a couple days after the season was over is just another symbol of the me first attitude.

With a new coach comes a different voice and also more of a chance that bullshit won't be allowed to continue to flow. Reid let that locker room slip a bit before he left and I commend Master Chip if this is partially his call. Obviously leaving the door open for plenty of criticism if they fail to produce offensively, but I think they believe they'll find a piece to plug in and be fine.
    Couldn't have said it any better than this. This IS the story here. For everyone saying he was cut because of money, I find it hard to believe you'd cut a top 10 receiver in this league who is in his prime when your other options at the position are a guy who played half a season last year (Cooper) and a guy coming off of a missed season due to a knee injury (Maclin). As a diehard Eagles fan, I'm really sad to see DJAX go simply because of what he brought on the field, but it's no secret the guy has questions off the field and a really poor, "me first" attitude that probably just rubbed everyone in the front office/coaching staff the wrong way...

First 123