VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

MacBook Air Users - Check In

Well, it's that time. I need to dump the old faithful Dell 1545 laptop and upgrade to a Mac.

I've been doing research for a week and trying to figure out EXACTLY the best machine for me. I don't want a small screen, nor a large one and I don't do gaming or graphics stuff.

I think I've decided on the MacBook Air 128 GB with 13 inches screen. I think the 1.3 GHz processor and 4GB of RAM should be enough for what I generally do with my machines.

Does anyone have this machine?? Did you get it stock or upgrade to 8GB and/or the 1.7 GHz processor??

I've read all those tech blogs and forums, bunch of geeks talking about shit I don't know enough about. Rather hear it from some regular folks that bought one.

Thanks fellas.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Heard parts fused together, so if on thing malfunctions your fcked

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

reading sbr, snapping off knuckle children to redtube and laying bets will be easily attainable on a Mac, however if that's all you really do online you could also avoid the cost of a Mac and buy a standard laptop, I've had extremely good luck with Sony laptops over the years, just an FYI

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Check the cylinder cycles
    check r-4 quantum speed
    check how many gigs are used in the processor cleanout
    check micro chip accelaerator
    is it a core chip or celery chip?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Get the bundle... MacAir , iPad Air , iPhone

Discount pricing

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yeah, all the blogs said that there are no "moving parts" or some shit like that. From what I've read, I guess this is a good thing?

I'd be getting a couple year warranty with it anyways. I'm getting a pretty good deal on whatever I buy. My cousin is the district manager for Apple up here. Pretty sweet job.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Bad thing. You want moving parts

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Get the bundle... MacAir , iPad Air , iPhone

Discount pricing
    Already have the iPhone 5 and iPad 3rd Gen

I've just been waiting for this Dell to die (it's been 6+ years) but she's hanging tough. I've always kept up with stuff so I'm not totally surprised.

Sam Odom

Let's be honest... at the price of the MacAir it (Laptop) is a disposable item these days. Not like in the days when a MacBook cost 4K

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Have the air and the pro. VI just kinda depends what you need laptop for. It's a good machine never had any issues

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Exactly. The MacBook Pro with Retina Display can still get pretty expensive ($2500+), but at less than $1,000 with my deal then I think it's worth it. Plus it'll have all the warranties.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

You're broke. Buy a $300 Lenovo. You use PC for SBR and jerking off. MAC is a waste of cash unless you're a film or video editor.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

for someone on a tight badget, a macbook sounds like an excess, how much discount can your cousin get you?

used macs many times, dont like them one bit, and if you are used to windows with the dell you might not like them either

my sugestion? go for a lenovo, best laptops out there, high quality, at least just as good as macs, they are awesome machines and they have models for every badget

i generally find apple products to be subpar to their competition and always at a premium price, the only thing apple is better at than its competition is marketing
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-18-13 at 07:57 PM.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're broke. Buy a $300 Lenovo. You use PC for SBR and jerking off. MAC is a waste of cash unless you're a film or video editor.
    I'm not broke anymore. Went on a nice little run with my deposit, cashed out some and stuffed it away. I never had problems paying bills or eating, I just didn't have the extra funds to do or buy anything else. I also got a nice little payout from Paypal coming Friday

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    for someone on a tight badget, a macbook sounds like an excess, how much discount can your cousin get you?

used macs many times, dont like them one bit, and if you are used to windows with the dell you might not like them either

my sugestion? go for a lenovo, best laptops out there, high quality, at least just as good as macs, they are awesome machines and they have models for every badget

i generally find apple products to be subpar to their competition and always at a premium price, the only thing apple is better at than its competition is marketing
    It might be a little excessive but why not take advantage of the deal while I can?? I mean, I need a new machine and who knows how much longer she'll work there or can offer me a hookup? I just don't know. The machine I want retails for $1,200 + tax and she can get it to me for about $800 which includes tax, shipping, extended warranty (or whatever extended shit they offer) and an upgrade from of processor. I think it's a pretty good deal.

I don't want a piece of shit. I plan on getting back into the business world and I need something fast.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I'm not broke anymore. Went on a nice little run with my deposit, cashed out some and stuffed it away. I never had problems paying bills or eating, I just didn't have the extra funds to do or buy anything else. I also got a nice little payout from Paypal coming Friday

It might be a little excessive but why not take advantage of the deal while I can?? I mean, I need a new machine and who knows how much longer she'll work there or can offer me a hookup? I just don't know. The machine I want retails for $1,200 + tax and she can get it to me for about $800 which includes tax, shipping, extended warranty (or whatever extended shit they offer) and an upgrade from of processor. I think it's a pretty good deal.

I don't want a piece of shit. I plan on getting back into the business world and I need something fast.

well, it sounds like you have your mind made up, i would suggest, before you buy it take it for a test drive, find a friend that owns one or tell your cousin to hook you up. try it first before you buy it, its different so make sure you feel comfortable with it

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    well, it sounds like you have your mind made up, i would suggest, before you buy it take it for a test drive, find a friend that owns one or tell your cousin to hook you up. try it first before you buy it, its different so make sure you feel comfortable with it
    this is always a good idea. Have an apple store near you VI?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Get a brand new Chromebook from Sweeper...I heard he's selling it for 50 cents on the dollar...

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Get a brand new Chromebook from Sweeper...I heard he's selling it for 50 cents on the dollar...

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    this is always a good idea. Have an apple store near you VI?
    Yes, there is one at the mall in Portland. Maybe I'll go in tomorrow and play with the different machines and ask some questions

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Yes, there is one at the mall in Portland. Maybe I'll go in tomorrow and play with the different machines and ask some questions
    the one and only question that you need to ask when you go is where is the Reload button on this puppy

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...0025:00003461:

but if you can get that 13" macbook air for $800, then that is a great deal

jjgold

90% of computer users have no business with a Mac

You don't get one to browse the internet

Many programs don't work on a Mac

Overpriced

Get a fukkin laptop for $350 and do the same thing

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...0025:00003461:

but if you can get that 13" macbook air for $800, then that is a great deal
    only 128Gb hard drive - fukk that shit....in today's world phones have half of that

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Have the Air and love it. Takes a few weeks to make conversion from PC to Mac but now I am hooked. Use PC at work but feel as though it is so far behind my mac air for efficiency. The size and weight works well. I love it. GL.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

if it's truly $800 get a Mac, if you need Win environment, run Parallels or VMWare on your Macbook to simulate Windows.
    I generally don't recommend getting Macs for anyone with a low badget and who doesn't do any kind of web development or media editing and stuff.
    If money is tight, get a $300 Win laptop, it will be more than enough for what you've describe you gonna be using this.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

DO NOT GET THE AIR!!!!!

It was hands down the worst purchase of my life…figured I would get it as a step up from my tablet in for my last couple quarters of classes..TERRIBLE

Its great for travel but do yourself a favor and get your something else if your gonna be working on it or if its your main computer.

jjgold

Parallels is whore shit and slow

Squares by macs and run windows on it

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Parallels is whore shit and slow

Squares by macs and run windows on it
    parallels is a broke dikk version of VMware
    run the ware and u good to go

squares dont fukking buy macs to run win on it...it's needed primarily for folks in development so you can code and test on different OS's from a single machine
    Points Awarded:

eidolon gave Russian Rocket 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ParlayininHTown

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Wow, this thread has generated a lot of information. Now you fukks have me all confused.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    parallels is a broke dikk version of VMware
    run the ware and u good to go

squares dont fukking buy macs to run win on it...it's needed primarily for folks in development so you can code and test on different OS's from a single machine

We have a winner . If just surfing web downloading music etc buy a windows one. Use mine for my business .

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    We have a winner . If just surfing web downloading music etc buy a windows one. Use mine for my business .
    exactly...save your money if you just need to login to sbr and bet online...why overpay?

jjgold

Insider you fukkin square
    I wonder why you lost 2 cars because of gambling

Get a fukkin PC or run Linux

Vegas39

Best thing as suggested go to mall check apple store. You may not like it. It's not for everyone

Sam Odom

Chromebook is an option

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Chromebook is an option

For what a coaster or paper weight

12 Last