thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post
    No, you fade Brady when he doesn't have an elite defense winning him rings.

He still has never been the main component to a championship team.

Including Brady in the top 3 QB's of all time is a joke. The likes of Manning, Elway, Montana, etc. are just so superior to Brady it's not even close. Sure, I'd put Brady in the top 15-20 based on the rings alone, but he couldn't hold the jockstrap of those greats.
    Brady should not be compared to those quarterbacks because he never had the offense those three dudes you just mentioned had, hall of fame offensive talent up the ying-yang. Elway had less for some of his career but the others played with best talent (complete) of ALL TIME period. Manning has never played one year with the offenses Brady has had to deal with most of his career. The ONE year brady had weapons he set the records and lost in the Super Bowl because the Giants had an unreal def. line and a lucky catch was made he would have four rings cased closed (18-0). He is a leader, a game manager and does what the defensive gives him and uses the talent around him whatever it may be. I agree he had great defenses the years he won just like any team has. No team in history that led the league in scoring won squat. He played like shit yesterday no question about it. Until they have healthy team for the entire year or at least during the playoffs there is too much talent arising and they may never win again while he is playing. The clock is ticking.

Rangers901
    Rangers901's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Brady should not be compared to those quarterbacks because he never had the offense those three dudes you just mentioned had, hall of fame offensive talent up the ying-yang. Elway had less for some of his career but the others played with best talent (complete) of ALL TIME period. Manning has never played one year with the offenses Brady has had to deal with most of his career. The ONE year brady had weapons he set the records and lost in the Super Bowl because the Giants had an unreal def. line and a lucky catch was made he would have four rings cased closed (18-0). He is a leader, a game manager and does what the defensive gives him and uses the talent around him whatever it may be. I agree he had great defenses the years he won just like any team has. No team in history that led the league in scoring won squat. He played like shit yesterday no question about it. Until they have healthy team for the entire year or at least during the playoffs there is too much talent arising and they may never win again while he is playing. The clock is ticking.
    As many good receivers as Manning has played with, he has never had a physical specimen like a Randy Moss or Rob Gronkowski.

Both of those players are virtually unstoppable.

As good as Wayne and Harrison were, he never had a big deep threat receiver that could catch poorly thrown balls because he's a foot taller than any corner he faced, Brady did. Out of Moss' 23 TD catches, about 17 of them were just jump balls in the endzone, it's not like Brady had to throw pinpoint accurate passes.

Does everyone forget about when Manning had Collie and Garcon as number one and two?

I don't care how high a receiver was drafted or any of that, Brady plays in Bills system which was proving to be one of the greatest ever, running picks and finding ways to get any type of receiver open.

Last night, for example, Brady missed open receivers all over the field all night. They were getting open for him all night, but it's no surprise he couldn't hit a pass over 15 yards with accuracy, he's never been a good long yardage passer, which is why he's on pace for the largest amount of YAC in NFL history, Mr Check Down Tom.

Yes, Manning also opens up the field by throwing short passes too, but the guy throws every pass in the book accurately, and airs the ball out a hell of a lot more than Brady.

I think when it's all said and done, people will sit down and ask themselves why Brady couldn't win anything without an elite defensive unit. He's had 10 years to win one without a top 3 defense, and just couldn't seal the deal.

Like I said, I'll put him in the top 15-20 based on the rings, but regardless of weapons, this guy is not one of the true greats, that's just ridiculous talk.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brady broke every record in book when he had Moss in his prime

Rangers901

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Brady broke every record in book when he had Moss in his prime
    Ok and Manning broke every record in the book without a physical specimen like Moss.

Sure, he has good receivers on the field, but he's never played with a near unstoppable player like Moss or Gronkowski.

If Manning had a receiver like Moss, I'm pretty confident they would break every record with no chance of anyone to catch them.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If I'm a QB, I'll take Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne in their prime over post-Raiders Randy Moss any day!

Rangers901

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    If I'm a QB, I'll take Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne in their prime over post-Raiders Randy Moss any day!
    Moss was still a great receiver, who wouldn't be garbage in Oakland. He publicly stated numerous times he hated laying in Oakland, and many people accused him of half-assing it. Like I said, each have their pros, but a physically specimen like Moss wins a jump ball 90% of the time, this is why Dante Cullpepper had so much success with him in Minnesota. In fact, he had seasons which were equally as impressive in Minnesota as he did New England.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

so let's see the pats allegedly have the best qb and coach but the owner doesn't want to spend money because they'd rather develop players?

how come craft gets no blame? it's always, oh the pats doesn't have talent. well, spends some fukking money and make the team better then. but to non-brady nuthuggers, it's all an excuse...

Rangers901

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    so let's see the pats allegedly have the best qb and coach but the owner doesn't want to spend money because they'd rather develop players?

how come craft gets no blame? it's always, oh the pats doesn't have talent. well, spends some fukking money and make the team better then. but to non-brady nuthuggers, it's all an excuse...
    It always has been and always will be for Brady lovers.

First, it's he can win with lower tiered talent, then, when he actually does have lower tiered talent, he's not winning, and that's the reason. It's just such a crock of shit.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Romo > Brady

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

c'mon pal. brady's not that bad.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post
    It always has been and always will be for Brady lovers.

First, it's he can win with lower tiered talent, then, when he actually does have lower tiered talent, he's not winning, and that's the reason. It's just such a crock of shit.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Romo > Brady
    Cokk size or who you'd rather penetrate?

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    how did he choke?
    are you serious... he BLEW 21 pts on 3 missed overthrown balls...

Edelman was WIDE OPEN... nobody behind him on the 25?!?!

BADLY overthrew him...

omg

Brady blindness is an epidemic

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    It's a salary cap league. Besides, I think half their cap number was injured, something like 60 million?
    yes i know, thought they had plenty of room. also, giving the hernandez that big contract hurts them too but i guess more than anything, their management sucks.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

sammy, did i lie? robert craft is a jew, no?
    he's a cheap jew, will pay market value only...when he first bought the team he raised the price of hot cocoa 3 times the usual amount on a very cold day in Foxboro, the media "caught him" and he dropped the price, he's got his hands in everything on RT 1.....

slacker00

yes i know, thought they had plenty of room. also, giving the hernandez that big contract hurts them too but i guess more than anything, their management sucks.
    They've been drafting at the end of round 1 for how many years? I'd say they are doing fine, just need less injuries.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

every team has injuries, it's football. also, why would you sign amendola when they knew the guy is made out of glass?

you better hope they pick up another receiver since the pats will lose edelman next year.

slacker00

every team has injuries, it's football. also, why would you sign amendola when they knew the guy is made out of glass?

you better hope they pick up another receiver since the pats will lose edelman next year.
    I was referring to getting Gronk, Thompkins & Dobson back. Not every team loses 50% of their salary cap to injuries.

First 123