1. #1
    Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-08
    Posts: 29,541
    Betpoints: 1590

    Stan Van Gundy, fired.

    Not surprised.

  2. #2
    HighTimes
    HighTimes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-12
    Posts: 48
    Betpoints: 24

    Dwights happy.

    I wonder who he will hire?

  3. #3
    ephi408
    ephi408's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-20-11
    Posts: 162
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by HighTimes View Post
    Dwights happy.

    I wonder who he will hire?
    Phil Jackson.

    Just think of what Phil could do with someone as dominate as Dwight and all the role players on that team.

  4. #4
    smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-09-09
    Posts: 1,450
    Betpoints: 11335

    Crazy part is I think he's a top 5 coach as far as X's and O's are concerned but he seems to have a problem getting his players to play for him.

  5. #5
    mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-13-12
    Posts: 5,155
    Betpoints: 3248

    van gundy will be coaching in the NBA by october.

  6. #6
    HighTimes
    HighTimes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-12
    Posts: 48
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by ephi408 View Post
    Phil Jackson.

    Just think of what Phil could do with someone as dominate as Dwight and all the role players on that team.
    Jackson would be a good catch...problem is he has his feet up soaking in the sun with his very rich wife right now. Why leave that?

  7. #7
    HighTimes
    HighTimes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-12
    Posts: 48
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    van gundy will be coaching in the NBA by october.
    YUP

  8. #8
    Grits n' Gravy
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 7,055
    Betpoints: 8232

    Damn. Even tt's twin is now fat and unemployed instead of just fat.

    BTP
    Week 1
    5-0-0 1170 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 287 pts

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 618 pts


  9. #9
    celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-10
    Posts: 1,807
    Betpoints: 2544

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    van gundy will be coaching in the NBA by october.
    Easily. SVG is a top 10 coach in this league.

  10. #10
    Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-15-11
    Posts: 724

    maybe one of the least surprising firings in awhile

  11. #11
    celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-10
    Posts: 1,807
    Betpoints: 2544

    Orl would have been better off trading Dwight, keeping SVG. Their cap situation sucks with all aging vets so they aint gonna win anytime soon. Might as well get some young talent and keep the coach.

  12. #12
    wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 3,037
    Betpoints: 3702

    would like to see him come to the Clippers

  13. #13
    celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-10
    Posts: 1,807
    Betpoints: 2544

    Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    would like to see him come to the Clippers
    Clippers win a game or two vs. the Spurs with Van Gundy instead of that retard they have.

  14. #14
    wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 3,037
    Betpoints: 3702

    Quote Originally Posted by celtics3388 View Post
    Clippers win a game or two vs. the Spurs with Van Gundy instead of that retard they have.
    95% of the NBA coaches are meaningless, only a handful actually make adjustments that help their teams win. Van Gundy is one of them. But it is a very short list. Popovich, Doc Rivers, doug collins, tom thibodeau (usually).

    Problem is he doesnt seem to be a 'players' coach so he gets buried by the guys who play for him. Shaq did it and Howard did it. He either needs a team with guys willing to listen or a team of young guys who dont have huge egos. I think Clippers could work because they all seem to be pretty unselfish and in it for the common good. You dont see Paul or Griffen burying their team mates or bashing them in pressers for making bad passes.

  15. #15
    allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 5,333
    Betpoints: 4958

    would like to see him with the knicks or a young team like the sacramento kings. he took dwight and a bunch of nobodies to the finals. what would he do with 3 all stars that the knicks have? or give him all that young talent with the kings he would make them a powerhouse

  16. #16
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,448
    Betpoints: 334

    Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Crazy part is I think he's a top 5 coach as far as X's and O's are concerned but he seems to have a problem getting his players to play for him.

    Message got stale in Orlando. This guy can find a gig no problem. Good coach.

  17. #17
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,448
    Betpoints: 334

    Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    would like to see him with the knicks or a young team like the sacramento kings. he took dwight and a bunch of nobodies to the finals. what would he do with 3 all stars that the knicks have? or give him all that young talent with the kings he would make them a powerhouse
    I think Cousins is on track to being a top 3 big man in the league by next year. Hell, he is arguably already there.

  18. #18
    allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 5,333
    Betpoints: 4958

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I think Cousins is on track to being a top 3 big man in the league by next year. Hell, he is arguably already there.
    agreed Cousins, Evans, Thorton, Jimmer, Isiah Thomas. there is a lot of good young talent there van gundy would turn them into a 35 win team in his first season and a possible 8 seed

  19. #19
    celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-10
    Posts: 1,807
    Betpoints: 2544

    Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

    95% of the NBA coaches are meaningless, only a handful actually make adjustments that help their teams win. Van Gundy is one of them. But it is a very short list. Popovich, Doc Rivers, doug collins, tom thibodeau (usually).
    I'd add Carlisle and Adelman to that list. Also Popovich is by the far the best coach in the league right now.

  20. #20
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 176,148
    Betpoints: 3199

    good move

    he was the worst

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  21. #21
    lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-10
    Posts: 12,875
    Betpoints: 172

    WTF is orlando doing? they haven't made 1 logical decision all year

  22. #22
    bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-11
    Posts: 6,386

    Ron jeremy is gone

  23. #23
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 36,130
    Betpoints: 1300

    see ya later Hedgehog

  24. #24
    EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-18-09
    Posts: 7,450
    Betpoints: 10

    shoulda got rid of the tall retarded one instead

    BTP
    Week 7
    4-1-0 700 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 132 pts

    40pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY12th Place 10/20/2014

    World
    Poker
    Cup 2nd - Tie

    60pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY11th Place 10/17/2014


  25. #25
    betcha_bottom$
    betcha_bottom$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-20-12
    Posts: 99
    Betpoints: 177

    funny thing is, Dwight doesn't even want to be there. so they're trying to appease a guy who's gonna be gone?

  26. #26
    kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-09-10
    Posts: 1,041
    Betpoints: 3346

    Orlando will find a puppet to fit on dwights hand as his hand will always be up the coaches ass

  27. #27
    onlooker
    TRD
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 36,581
    Betpoints: 1392

    About time.

    BTP
    Week 6
    5-0-0 593 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 187 pts

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  28. #28
    wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 3,037
    Betpoints: 3702

    howard might even be damaged goods. Odds are he leaves anyway. But if he starts having chronic back issues this will prove to be a very horrible move.

    Orlando obviously didnt watch what happened in Cleveland 2 years ago.

    What makes it worse is Van Gundy is a much better coach than Brown is.

  29. #29
    blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-06-09
    Posts: 1,440
    Betpoints: 36

    i hate D.Howard! he will never be a winner!

  30. #30
    lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-10
    Posts: 12,875
    Betpoints: 172

    Quote Originally Posted by blowseq View Post
    i hate D.Howard! he will never be a winner!
    no, Dwight takes his team to the playoffs every season. Magic r pathetic without him

  31. #31
    Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-19-11
    Posts: 11,719

    The Magic should hire Jeff and put Stan as the commentator.

  32. #32
    rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-12
    Posts: 878

    Quote Originally Posted by celtics3388 View Post
    Orl would have been better off trading Dwight, keeping SVG. Their cap situation sucks with all aging vets so they aint gonna win anytime soon. Might as well get some young talent and keep the coach.
    Absolutely right, Howard doesnt even know if he wants to be there anyway.

  33. #33
    rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-12
    Posts: 878

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    The Magic should hire Jeff and put Stan as the commentator.
    lol Or hire John Madden and just tell Dwight he's in charge....

Top