davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Betfair owns Hollywood Park, why they dont have his own track in the horseracing menu

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

They don't own it, they bought the naming rights is all.

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betfair do not allow clients to gamble/lay on California tracks - politically sensitive issue with Californian horseman not making money out of the 5% commission Betfair take from punters - so don't want Cal horsemen
    to muddy the water - when Betfair are trying to get a gaming license in bankrupt California to enter the US market.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Betfair bought TVG with the intention of capturing the exchange market in the United States. So far things have not worked out as planned. The last thing I heard was Betfair was looking at a 10 percent vig to be the going rate to get this thing off the ground. There are many issues, both positive and negative with regards to exchange wagering here in the states. Personally I see it as good for Betfair but not for California racing. Time will tell.
    As for TVG its a business that has never turned a profit for its previous owners ** tv guide ** or current owners. If exchange wagering doesn't make it, I expect tvg to either fold or be sold again.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

i for one will notsupport tvg,and, their $.25 a bet tariff.if i cave, it will be minimal.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Xpressbet is the way to go now if you ask me. HRTV is a little less ritzy than TVG but it isnt mired in the shit TVG is now. Obviously you can still watch TVG and get what races they show but for betting purposes Xpressbet is easy enough.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Xpressbet and Hrtv are far superior in comparison to TVG. I haven't placed a wager with TVG in many years. The final straw was getting hit with an inactivity fee that zero'd out my account. As consumers we have a choice in the marketplace. On my list TVG is at the bottom as far as on line wagering is concerned. But here's the catch 22 - If exchange wagering does happen, I'll have to at minimum rethink my stance.

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Betting exchanges are the wave of the future. If you don't live in the "land of the free" this way of betting as finely given the horse player real odds for a change. Once your backed your in. Don't like the favorite lay him off to lose. The next argument is how can you integrate the two. Look at what they have done in aussie or New Zealand. It can be done and its about time the next evolution in betting has finely came here to the USA.