Ant2nv
    Ant2nv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1057

Okc are useless without KD, westbrook scores 40pts and okc still lose to the nicks...very worrying!! Pelicans lose @ home to denver.. so maybe phoenix do stay in 8th afterall..

anyone know how long KD is out for..back next game??

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

KD is not enough. Pau would have put them over the top. Now people will be praising rose's post season success when in reality pau made it possible.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

This is when you buy futures guys

When teams look horrid and you think there's no chance they can get in

Especiallly with a team like OKC, they can get hot and beat anyone in the playoffs

Especially of they make another trade

Worth laying at least a unit down on

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    This is when you buy futures guys

When teams look horrid and you think there's no chance they can get in

Especiallly with a team like OKC, they can get hot and beat anyone in the playoffs

Especially of they make another trade

Worth laying at least a unit down on
    agree 100%, but the window is closing for this season. Injuries are hard to overcome, especially when they effect your studs... and the fact that you play in the West.

anyone know the prcie on OKC to win it all right now? Id bet at 50 to 1, wouldnt consider anything under 40 to 1

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

The odds for OKC to win the West have actually dropped from 7/1 to 6/1

The Kraken

OKC is a pretty good team again

Durant will get some much needed rest and they can actually play as one of the Wests better teams without him

They finally get a good rebounder in Kanter. Mcgarry is an athletic big that scores. Westbrook playing like the MVP. Ibaka playing like his old self.

And waitrrs goes 4-15

shouldve thrown him in somewhere in the trade.

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

He wont change. A shooting guard with 25% from downtown...i guess it says everything

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

OKC have a decent bench now
    I hate that D. Waiters, need to give him less role, and he should get that much shots, unless is a strategy until playoffs (don't think okc coach have that much brain) ahahaha

The Kraken

I hate him too

Tonight he was 5/18

The biggest benefit to all this is OKC will know what they have going into the playoffs and that he can't be counted on

Reminds me of a worse version of Antoine Walker with those lazy ass eyes

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/732989

there he goes again. How could they get this fukking idiot.

The Kraken

7/19, 1-6 3pt, 3 TO's, 1ast, 4PF's

Guy is sooooooooo fukking bad

The fact OKC will probably make the playoffs with him as a starter is enough reason to give Westbrook the MVP

He's willing this team to wins in spite of Waiters

Waiters could be one of the worst 5 players in the league right now, no exaggerations

Can't believe the Thunder picked him up. He doesn't fit in with their culture, their style nor the city.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonrc24 View Post
    http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/732989

there he goes again. How could they get this fukking idiot.
    Dion Waiters scored just three points on 1-of-4 shooting in a loss to the Jazz on Saturday, adding two boards, two assists and one steal in 24 minutes.

If he had more stat lines like this, the Thunder might stand a chance in the 1st round

With him taking 20 shots a game, they might as well not show up

As STAX pointed out in another thread, he's one of the most inefficient players in the NBA and it shows. Waiters doesn't produce anywhere.

At least with Westbrook, as inefficient as he may be, he still gonna get 10 ast, 10 rebounds and likely 30+ points

STAX

Westbrooks stats over the last 12 games: 101/260 (38%) 75 turnovers

OKC is 8-4 in these games and 4-3 vrs playoff teams, lmao

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

7/19, 1-6 3pt, 3 TO's, 1ast, 4PF's

Guy is sooooooooo fukking bad

The fact OKC will probably make the playoffs with him as a starter is enough reason to give Westbrook the MVP

He's willing this team to wins in spite of Waiters

Waiters could be one of the worst 5 players in the league right now, no exaggerations

Can't believe the Thunder picked him up. He doesn't fit in with their culture, their style nor the city.
    Why are you bringing up last night stats tonight and not tonight's stats.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Okl City hanging in there but Westbrook has to be near empty

Guy is killing himself

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

shitting on these haters, ball hard d waiters

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

This is bad, when the Dion Waiters apologists have this to say......

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Kraken- Im a Cavs fan so Ive watched Waiters quite a bit, and honestly, I like him, and I was mad the Cavs gave him up. No question the dude is a chucker when it comes to shots, he did it in Cleveland too, but the kid has talent. He just tries to do too much, and he isn't a good lockerroom guy. I think OKC took a gamble on him, thinking they can turn him into a productive player... I wouldnt give up on him so soon... but yeah, I feel your pain. Hes a frustrating player to watch when hes on your team, but theres still a bright future for him if he can get it through his head he doesnt have to put up the numbers his teammates do
    He will get you steals but isnt a great defender at all. Problem is when you play with Love,LeBron, Irving, or Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka you arent gonna be a top option... and he tries to be, even at the cost of team ball
    - Chucker
    - Bad locker room guy
    - Clown
    - Can't play defense
    - Doesn't know his role at all

Yikes.

ReconSnarff
    ReconSnarff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2259

Westbrooks stats over the last 12 games: 101/260 (38%) 75 turnovers

OKC is 8-4 in these games and 4-3 vrs playoff teams, lmao
    He doesn't just score and turn the ball over...his stats also include close to 10 assists, 10 boards, steals, blocks, and just getting into the opponents head with his aggressive play.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Why are you bringing up last night stats tonight and not tonight's stats.
    Because this is an opinionated thread. I don't like Waiters. Of course he's going to have the occasional average night. I think he sucks all the way around so I update this thread with his shitty stats. STAX updates with Westbrooks shitty stats.

But in an attempt to look unbiased, even though I'm not required, I will post last night stats

WAITERS- 7/15, 19pts, 1 rebound, 4 assists, 3 Turnovers, 0 Steals, 0 Blocks

WESTBROOK- 10-32, 31 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 6 turnovers, 1 Steal, 0 Blocks

Waiters had a more efficient shooting night. He also wasn't getting double and triple teamed like Russ was. Russ also had a better Assist to TO ratio, 7 more assists, 10 more rebounds and a steal. Westbrook shot 11 FT's, Waiters 5 FT's.

It's a classic line from Westbrook. Inefficient shooting night, handful of turnovers. Tons of points, assists and rebounds. His achilles heel last night was his 3pt shooting, he was 2/11 from behind the arch.

STAX

kraken, westbrook is killing OKC lately... u stated he is getting double and triple teamed every time he gets the ball. doesnt it bother you that he is actually turning it over more and chucking up more shots, despite getting triple teamed? Im really starting to dislike him a little bit bc despite him getting triple teamed I see he is throwing up MORE shots!! He is missing 20 shots and turning it over 6-8 times every game! I dont care if you have a triple double every game! that doesnt come close to making up for upwards of 30 wasted possessions... his teammates have to be getting frustrated... I see in the box scores that many other players are shooting a very high percentage from game to game (Morrow, Kanter, Adams, to name a few). they have to be shaking their head at times... all in all WB is coming across as a guy that cares about stats more than anything else right now... he better be careful, or OKC isnt gonna make the playoffs

STAX

WB over the last 4 games (1-3): 37/106 with 23 TOs

The Kraken

I wish Westbrook was as efficient as CP3 but that's just not his game. Not who he is.

I guess it doesn't bother me because he's their only star right now. This is all new for him and I believe he'll learn from it. I agree, he forces it a lot of times and right now I think he's forcing it more than he should but again, this is the first time he's played without KD and Serge for any real length of time.

I hope he gets better at being the man.

But ultimately, ya, I'm ok with him doing his thing right now. OKC still holding the 8th spot, even with his deficiencies. The biggest reason OKC is in the 8th spot and not the 9th, 10th or 11th is because of Russell.

His biggest weakness is also his biggest strength.

STAX

I wish Westbrook was as efficient as CP3 but that's just not his game. Not who he is.

I guess it doesn't bother me because he's their only star right now. This is all new for him and I believe he'll learn from it. I agree, he forces it a lot of times and right now I think he's forcing it more than he should but again, this is the first time he's played without KD and Serge for any real length of time.

I hope he gets better at being the man.

But ultimately, ya, I'm ok with him doing his thing right now. OKC still holding the 8th spot, even with his deficiencies. The biggest reason OKC is in the 8th spot and not the 9th, 10th or 11th is because of Russell.

His biggest weakness is also his biggest strength.
    agree with alot of what you wrote. OKC definately would be out of the playoffs without him, but I tell you... Kanter and Adams are studs on the inside, and honestly I don't think Ibaka being hurt is hurting OKC all that much. OKC will get the 8 seed, but I dont give them much of a chance to win more than a game vrs Golden St. Ill def be rooting for OKC though... would love to see Westbrook throw up monster lines and them making it go 6 or 7 games.

I also think Westbrook has more help on his current team than he and Coach Brooks realize. OKC is #1 rebounding team in the NBA... I'd be interested in finding out a stat... what percentage of Westbrook's misses get offensive rebounded? And then compare that number to the league avg and other high volume shooters... There's a possibility since he draws so much attention that that percentage is high compared to others. If that happens to be the case, I'd have a little less problem with the misses.

I wonder about all this talent that OKC seems to just give away. Harden is an MVP, and he didnt even start for OKC... I mean, cmon. And then Reggie Jackson looks legit as an exciting up and coming PG the second he gets traded. Its easy to call these guys selfish when they bitch about minutes on a winning team, but when they leave and become the new team's best player, maybe they had a point.

This could be OKC (healthy) 12-man roster right now:

C Kanter
    PF Ibaka
    SF Durant
    SG Harden
    PG Westbrook

PG/SG R. Jackson
    C Adams
    PG Augustin
    SG Waiters
    SF Singler
    SG Morrow
    PF McGary
    PF Collison

how would they ever lose?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

STAX

All in all, for what OKC has gone through, its pretty impressive they are gonna make the playoffs in the West... WB is the sole reason, but I just think he could be so much better as a basketball player..

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Because this is an opinionated thread. I don't like Waiters. Of course he's going to have the occasional average night. I think he sucks all the way around so I update this thread with his shitty stats. STAX updates with Westbrooks shitty stats.

But in an attempt to look unbiased, even though I'm not required, I will post last night stats

WAITERS- 7/15, 19pts, 1 rebound, 4 assists, 3 Turnovers, 0 Steals, 0 Blocks

WESTBROOK- 10-32, 31 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 6 turnovers, 1 Steal, 0 Blocks

Waiters had a more efficient shooting night. He also wasn't getting double and triple teamed like Russ was. Russ also had a better Assist to TO ratio, 7 more assists, 10 more rebounds and a steal. Westbrook shot 11 FT's, Waiters 5 FT's.

It's a classic line from Westbrook. Inefficient shooting night, handful of turnovers. Tons of points, assists and rebounds. His achilles heel last night was his 3pt shooting, he was 2/11 from behind the arch.
    Kudos for at least admitting you have a bias against him most wouldnt. Carry on.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave jtoler 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

What a sad defense okc has without ibaka

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

wonder how long they last vs warriors in playoffs

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    wonder how long they last vs warriors in playoffs
    okc to win 4-3

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    What a sad defense okc has without ibaka
    Ibaka is a huge part of the Thunders success, it was seen a few seasons ago in the playoffs. Him being out decimated their D.

But also their lack of offense hurts their D as well. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and vice versa.

They're doomed. If they win in the first round I would consider it one of the biggest upsets in the last 20 years.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Ibaka is a huge part of the Thunders success, it was seen a few seasons ago in the playoffs. Him being out decimated their D.

But also their lack of offense hurts their D as well. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and vice versa.

They're doomed. If they win in the first round I would consider it one of the biggest upsets in the last 20 years.
    Especially if Curry wins MVP

STAX

Oklahoma City (42-34)
    HOU
    S.A.
    SAC
    @ IND
    POR
    @ MIN

Pelicans (41-34)
    @ POR
    G.S.
    @ MEM
    PHO
    @ HOU
    @ MIN
    S.A.

New Orleans won the season series 3-1

The Kraken

Staxx are those the remaining schedules?

If so, pelicans have a brutal schedule. Their saving grace would be teams resting starters.

The Kraken

I see 3 games on the Thunders schedule that they should win, minny/Sac/Ind, yet only one on Pelicans

STAX

yeah, both schedules are tough, but OKC has more at home, Pellies are more on the road. @ IND will be a tough game for OKC, and the only team that can afford to rest anyone is GS. Pellies will beat Phoenix too. I see it two games each team should win for sure. OKC will beat MIN and SAC, Pellies will beat PHO and MIN. Pellies have won 4 straight and are playing well while OKC has lost 4 of 5 and hurting a bit. I dont think GS will rest anyone either vrs NO... I think they would much rather face OKC if they had to chose.

Also, Its too close in the West between 2 seed and 6 seed (like 3 games between 2 and 6) for anyone to rest at all.

STAX

its probably gonna come down to the last game or two for sure, but Id give a slight edge to OKC... OKC is up half a game, but they lose the tiebreaker. NO is hot while OKC is not... however OKC has the easier schedule and more of those games at home. Id say 70/30 or 65/35 OKC gets in

First 1234 Last