homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Now it comes out that the wolves don't want Bennett hence the stall. Once again the nba front office is way ahead of the layperson posting on the Internet

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Cavs should tell wolves to get ****** and keep their players

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Now it comes out that the wolves don't want Bennett hence the stall. Once again the nba front office is way ahead of the layperson posting on the Internet
    Most probably a 3rd team will be involved. Cavs get Love, T'Wolves get Thaddeus Young and Wiggins, 76ers get Bennett and some picks or a few players. They are under the cap so they need some big salary players.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Cavs still should not give up Wiggins...Offer Bennett, Waiters, Thompson and picks....If they don't like it tell em to get fukked and take a better offer

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Cavs still should not give up Wiggins...Offer Bennett, Waiters, Thompson and picks....If they don't like it tell em to get fukked and take a better offer
    And they would. Still wanna say that?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Of course they don't. Taking him is a concession for the benefit of the Cavs. He's deadweight.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    And they would. Still wanna say that?
    Yes...Wolves are interested in young pieces...What's the better offer out there?

For a guy with one year left on his contract, to get a potential star in Wiggins is incredible

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Yes...Wolves are interested in young pieces...What's the better offer out there?

For a guy with one year left on his contract, to get a potential star in Wiggins is incredible
    Yup cavs too eager at the start, also bron fault

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

first off, wiggins can't even shoot so stop overvaluing him so much.

second, the other 3 you mentioned are absolutely horrific so stop thinking the wolves should just take garbage in return. the wolves would much rather get nothing in return for love next summer than take on those 3 complete losers.

at anytime the wolves could make a deal for another team's trash - what in the world makes you think they'd ever accept those 3 clowns right now? you can't be this stupid.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Michael Jordan and Lebron couldn't shoot coming into the NBA. Wiggins has all the tools to become a superstar. We don't know his work ethic or his heart but you can't discount his talent. He'll be much more suited for the wide open NBA than the poor system he had in Kansas.

Tristan Thompson is in no way trash. He has improved his game and is only going to get better. Bennett got a raw deal last year with injuries. You will be pleasantly surprised to see him play this year. Wiggins, Bennett and Thompson would be a great young nucleus to build around. I'm hoping the Cav's don't make this deal as a fan because Cleveland has to build through the draft and stay young because it is hard to get free agents to come to Cleveland. The Love trade is looking very expensive especially since there's no guarantee that he will stay. You basically have a 1 year rental with no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    first off, wiggins can't even shoot so stop overvaluing him so much.

second, the other 3 you mentioned are absolutely horrific so stop thinking the wolves should just take garbage in return. the wolves would much rather get nothing in return for love next summer than take on those 3 complete losers.

at anytime the wolves could make a deal for another team's trash - what in the world makes you think they'd ever accept those 3 clowns right now? you can't be this stupid.
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 08-05-14 at 04:01 PM.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Cavs management do not want to waste time. LBJ is at his prime for at least the next 2 years. If Cavs doesn't surround LBJ with talent again(deja vu), he may leave next season too.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Michael Jordan and Lebron couldn't shoot coming into the NBA. Wiggins has all the tools to become a superstar. We don't know his work ethic or his heart but you can't discount his talent. He'll be much more suited for the wide open NBA than the poor system he had in Kansas.

Tristan Thompson is in no way trash. He has improved his game and is only going to get better. Bennett got a raw deal last year with injuries. You will be pleasantly surprised to see him play this year. Wiggins, Bennett and Thompson would be a great young nucleus to build around. I'm hoping the Cav's don't make this deal as a fan because Cleveland has to build through the draft and stay young because it is hard to get free agents to come to Cleveland. The Love trade is looking very expensive especially since there's no guarantee that he will stay. You basically have a 1 year rental with no guarantees.
    Exactly

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Cavs management do not want to waste time. LBJ is at his prime for at least the next 2 years. If Cavs doesn't surround LBJ with talent again(deja vu), he may leave next season too.
    no chance he leaves cleve in the next 2 years. He cares too much about his legacy which is why he went back

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

good points , best rebuttal of the trade so far
    but the cavs are in such a unique situation to be able to cash out some young players for a player like love
    i have zero concerns about love leaving after 1 year
    cavs will be able to pay the most and offer a legit title opportunity for the next couple years

look at the thunder for example with harden
    harden was parlayed into a bunch of young players
    have any of them turned into stars???
    thunder have taken a step back almost every year
    durant would be jumping for joy if they could pick up klove for a couple draft picks

lets not forget, imbiid would have been #1 if not for his foot injury
    wiggins was the consolation prize
    if he was the 5th pick, nobody would be hyping him up as much as they are

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I actually get both sides but I have a feeling they will regret losing Wiggins down the line

Can't argue that Love makes them closer to a title for the next 2 years but I feel like they have a good shot to win with him or Wiggins

BuckeyeKaptn
    BuckeyeKaptn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Putting this out there. A few weeks ago, Charles Barkley was on a local sports radio station in Cleveland. Asked about the possible Love for Wiggins deal, he replied that having Wiggins makes the Cavs a favorite to GET to the Eastern Conf final, Love would make the Cavs a favorite to WIN the NBA Championship title. He said Love is the best at his position and one of the top 5 or 10 (I forget which) players in the league.
    For the argument that I saw that Wiggins can't shoot etc....Cleveland really don't need him to score. Pretty sure the LBJ, Kyrie and Waiters can handle that. Wiggins will be helping LeBron on the defensive end.
    As far as Bennett goes, word is that this year at the summer league is that he was in great shape, not injured and was playing like a 1st rounder should play. Mike Brown jacked him around last year after he healed up, didn't give him consistent minutes etc. Why Gilbert rehired Brown.....
    Like it was said on the radio, the Cavs lucked into that 1st pick...they shouldn't have gotten it...so it shouldn't be that hard to send it to Minny for Love.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeKaptn View Post
    Putting this out there. A few weeks ago, Charles Barkley was on a local sports radio station in Cleveland. Asked about the possible Love for Wiggins deal, he replied that having Wiggins makes the Cavs a favorite to GET to the Eastern Conf final, Love would make the Cavs a favorite to WIN the NBA Championship title. He said Love is the best at his position and one of the top 5 or 10 (I forget which) players in the league.
    For the argument that I saw that Wiggins can't shoot etc....Cleveland really don't need him to score. Pretty sure the LBJ, Kyrie and Waiters can handle that. Wiggins will be helping LeBron on the defensive end.
    As far as Bennett goes, word is that this year at the summer league is that he was in great shape, not injured and was playing like a 1st rounder should play. Mike Brown jacked him around last year after he healed up, didn't give him consistent minutes etc. Why Gilbert rehired Brown.....
    Like it was said on the radio, the Cavs lucked into that 1st pick...they shouldn't have gotten it...so it shouldn't be that hard to send it to Minny for Love.
    in all honesty, nobody gives a shit about bennett
    hes basically a throw in to make the deal happen due to his salary
    his potential is his only selling point

ur basically trading wiggins for love
    u get a dude that a top 10 player in the nba for a dude with a POTENTIAL to be a top 10 player in the future
    when u have lebron on ur team and u have that option to bring in another top10 player
    what the hell is there to think about????
    lets wait and seee if ................ NO !!! u make the trade !!!

BuckeyeKaptn

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    in all honesty, nobody gives a shit about bennett
    hes basically a throw in to make the deal happen due to his salary
    his potential is his only selling point

ur basically trading wiggins for love
    u get a dude that a top 10 player in the nba for a dude with a POTENTIAL to be a top 10 player in the future
    when u have lebron on ur team and u have that option to bring in another top10 player
    what the hell is there to think about????
    lets wait and seee if ................ NO !!! u make the trade !!!
    Right, though I wasn't making an opinion one way or another.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I have a lot of concern about Love leaving after a year. He has said before that LA is his dream city. It would be hard for the Clippers to make a move for him but who knows about the Lakers. The Lakers is a dream franchise, Cleveland can't compete with the lure of LA. What if Kyrie, Lebron or Love get hurt next year? What if they lose in embarrassing fashion? What if Love and Lebron get into a big fight? What if Love gets freaking tired of driving in the damn snow? Love has zero ties to Cleveland. Unless the Cav's make it to the finals, why would he stay? Cleveland being able to pay the most money means absolutely nothing. If he says he's going to leave, Cleveland will most likely cave in and do a sign and trade in order to recoup something in return. Plus the amount of money he would lose would not be annual salary. He'll basically make the same amount of money each year (around $21 million). The Cav's could offer him a 5th year while other clubs could only offer 4. At his age, he doesn't give a shit about that extra year. It's in his best interest to opt out after 4 anyway. Look at Dwight Howard and get back to me about zero concerns. The Cavs should be very concerned about bringing in a guy with zero guarantee that he will resign after a year. Not being able to lock Love into a long term deal is the only reason I don't like the deal. Cleveland fans have already been fukkked by Carlos Boozer and close door hand shakes. Screw that.

The only reason Embiid's stock rose was because of Anthony Davis' success. Wiggins has been the best prospect since Lebron. It doesn't matter if he went 1st or later. Michael Jordan wasn't drafted 1st and he worked out.

I think Wiggins will be the face of whatever team he is on within a year. It will not take long for him to be a star on a team. I think in 3 years he will be an All Star and in 5, he'll be one of the faces in the league. He is just that talented. I understand wanting to win now. I want to win now. I'd trade Love for Wiggins right now IF I had a guarantee that Love would stick around for 4/5 years. The Cav's can't get that guarantee which is why I'm not in favor of making the move. If Love really wants to play in Cleveland he can help drag this shit out which will force Minny to trade him without Wiggins. Unfortunately, I think Lebron and Love have already determined that Wiggins isn't a part of their future. Hell Lebron might be partly jealous having Wiggins on the team. Lebron never mentioned Wiggins in his essay and has yet to even reach out to him. That is strange.

good points , best rebuttal of the trade so far
    but the cavs are in such a unique situation to be able to cash out some young players for a player like love
    i have zero concerns about love leaving after 1 year
    cavs will be able to pay the most and offer a legit title opportunity for the next couple years

lets not forget, imbiid would have been #1 if not for his foot injury
    wiggins was the consolation prize
    if he was the 5th pick, nobody would be hyping him up as much as they are

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The deal is done. Love agrees to 5-year $120 million extension with Cleveland.

jsmithj88

I have a lot of concern about Love leaving after a year. He has said before that LA is his dream city. It would be hard for the Clippers to make a move for him but who knows about the Lakers. The Lakers is a dream franchise, Cleveland can't compete with the lure of LA. What if Kyrie, Lebron or Love get hurt next year? What if they lose in embarrassing fashion? What if Love and Lebron get into a big fight? What if Love gets freaking tired of driving in the damn snow? Love has zero ties to Cleveland. Unless the Cav's make it to the finals, why would he stay? Cleveland being able to pay the most money means absolutely nothing. If he says he's going to leave, Cleveland will most likely cave in and do a sign and trade in order to recoup something in return. Plus the amount of money he would lose would not be annual salary. He'll basically make the same amount of money each year (around $21 million). The Cav's could offer him a 5th year while other clubs could only offer 4. At his age, he doesn't give a shit about that extra year. It's in his best interest to opt out after 4 anyway. Look at Dwight Howard and get back to me about zero concerns. The Cavs should be very concerned about bringing in a guy with zero guarantee that he will resign after a year. Not being able to lock Love into a long term deal is the only reason I don't like the deal. Cleveland fans have already been fukkked by Carlos Boozer and close door hand shakes. Screw that.

The only reason Embiid's stock rose was because of Anthony Davis' success. Wiggins has been the best prospect since Lebron. It doesn't matter if he went 1st or later. Michael Jordan wasn't drafted 1st and he worked out.

I think Wiggins will be the face of whatever team he is on within a year. It will not take long for him to be a star on a team. I think in 3 years he will be an All Star and in 5, he'll be one of the faces in the league. He is just that talented. I understand wanting to win now. I want to win now. I'd trade Love for Wiggins right now IF I had a guarantee that Love would stick around for 4/5 years. The Cav's can't get that guarantee which is why I'm not in favor of making the move. If Love really wants to play in Cleveland he can help drag this shit out which will force Minny to trade him without Wiggins. Unfortunately, I think Lebron and Love have already determined that Wiggins isn't a part of their future. Hell Lebron might be partly jealous having Wiggins on the team. Lebron never mentioned Wiggins in his essay and has yet to even reach out to him. That is strange.
    if he cared that much about playing for LA, force a trade there
    love has all the power right now, but instead he picked the cavs
    this "allure" of LA netted the lakers swaggy P and a host of other B level free agents
    so this "allure" didnt mean jack shit to the lebron, melo, bosh, wade, irving, etc etc, any top level FA

there is no instant recipe to win a title, all u can do is give urself the best chance
    he thinks the lebron and whoever is his best chance + he gets max money, why leave?
    any1 doubt they will have a good season and prolly compete for the nba finals???

haha, the howard situation is not even remotely comparable
    howard never wanted to come to LA
    howard never wanted to play with kobe
    howard never talked about resigning
    kevin love has already agreed to all 3 before a trade has even occured
    i have zero concerns, if u like i will raise it to 1%

doesnt matter WHY imbiid would have been number 1
    people had imbiid number 1 because his potential was higher than wiggins
    now that wiggins is #1, hes the best thing since sliced bread and imbiid is a nobody

u sure got him rated through the roof

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The deal is done. Love agrees to 5-year $120 million extension with Cleveland.
    the hell are you talking about? he can't sign anything for another year.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    the hell are you talking about? he can't sign anything for another year.
    Not true at all. Love and Cavs agreed to the terms as I said.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

if he cared that much about playing for LA, force a trade there
    love has all the power right now, but instead he picked the cavs
    this "allure" of LA netted the lakers swaggy P and a host of other B level free agents
    so this "allure" didnt mean jack shit to the lebron, melo, bosh, wade, irving, etc etc, any top level FA

there is no instant recipe to win a title, all u can do is give urself the best chance
    he thinks the lebron and whoever is his best chance + he gets max money, why leave?
    any1 doubt they will have a good season and prolly compete for the nba finals???

haha, the howard situation is not even remotely comparable
    howard never wanted to come to LA
    howard never wanted to play with kobe
    howard never talked about resigning
    kevin love has already agreed to all 3 before a trade has even occured
    i have zero concerns, if u like i will raise it to 1%

doesnt matter WHY imbiid would have been number 1
    people had imbiid number 1 because his potential was higher than wiggins
    now that wiggins is #1, hes the best thing since sliced bread and imbiid is a nobody

u sure got him rated through the roof
    LOL....You would have thought after the Ryan Leaf fisaco that people would realize that number 1 draft picks do not always translate into instantaneous success...And with the NBA, players are coming in 3 years early..they are not NBA ready...The "Ceiling" Wiggins is supposed to reach..is at bare minimum 3 years away while Love is grabbing 20 boards on any given night...too many fan boys watching the NBA these days, they just don't understand the pro game....Now keep in mind..Spike Lee hates White folk....but he sure got some respect for Love..

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Big moves happening...

BuckeyeKaptn

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not true at all. Love and Cavs agreed to the terms as I said.
    Yep..LT nailed it. Minny gave the Cavs permission to talk contract. Just waiting for Aug 23rd to come around. Last weekend, in the Cavs online team shop, Wiggins' jersey was suddenly discontinued. It's done.

***Menses....Ryan Leaf was the 2nd pick in that NFL draft, Manning was first.

homie1975

did minny do better by waiting?

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    LOL....You would have thought after the Ryan Leaf fisaco that people would realize that number 1 draft picks do not always translate into instantaneous success...And with the NBA, players are coming in 3 years early..they are not NBA ready...The "Ceiling" Wiggins is supposed to reach..is at bare minimum 3 years away while Love is grabbing 20 boards on any given night...too many fan boys watching the NBA these days, they just don't understand the pro game....Now keep in mind..Spike Lee hates White folk....but he sure got some respect for Love..
    Ryan Leaf was a not a #1, he was 2nd overall pick on 1998. The #1 overall was a guy you may heard about, Payton Manning. Chargers paying to Cardinals thru the nose to move from spot #3 to #2 made Leaf bust even worse.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I actually can't believe Minnesota got so much back for a guy everyone knew they had to deal, for once they got something right.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah the Wolves did the best they could. They'll be an interesting team with Wiggins, LaVine, Young, Rubio, Pekovic

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I actually can't believe Minnesota got so much back for a guy everyone knew they had to deal, for once they got something right.
    No shit. Both teams make out great here.
    Love is jut so good though that there were at least a dozen teams willing to make a trade for him if not more.
    The Cavs could win 70 games this year.
    Be interested to see their team total after this deal.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    No shit. Both teams make out great here.
    Love is jut so good though that there were at least a dozen teams willing to make a trade for him if not more.
    The Cavs could win 70 games this year.
    Be interested to see their team total after this deal.
    58.5 on 5Dimes

First 1234