JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Green, I have many on Bulls under tonight
    Points Awarded:

LiarGame gave JMon 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

green7
    green7's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have muchos dinero or many situations on the Bulls under?

Haha.

Well, I haven't and probably won't pull the trigger on the Bulls over tonight, as I've learned some painful lessons in the past when having league-wide angles for overs, the Bulls always seemed to go under in those games. As my protective self is telling my masochistic side of me not to take the over.....I wish you success on your under play.

evangelizelee
    evangelizelee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
    Such great stuff in the thread from everyone, 24-10 over the last 14 days alone, how can anyone argue with those results...

I'm on these tonight, thanks to JMon and everyone else who contributed them for the rest of us to enjoy:

Fav,to win:

HF and WP>=72 and game number>=25 and p:LF and line<=-9.5 and total>=187.5 and season>=2006

Also the under:

F and p:AL and p:margin<=-8 and WP>=o:WP and line<=-10.5 and 185<=total<=216 and C and division!=o:division and season>=2006

Overfit yes, but that's how I like 'em!
    Nm. Understood. Thanks
    Last edited by evangelizelee; 03-28-14 at 06:24 PM.

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

p:AFW and H and line <= -5 and P:game number=game number-1 and season>=2012

figue
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
    p:AFW and H and line <= -5 and P:game number=game number-1 and season>=2012
    3-0 trend this query SU,ats ,over

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    Lakers high total..not playing this one as there is not a good sample for high totals under this situation for me to trust it, but wanted to throw this out here for the action junkies. I will say this, aside the outlier on the Dec. 31 Thunder game, some monster points have been scored since 2010.

H and total >= 210 and p:W and p:margin >= 10 and op:L and op:margin >= -3 and o:rest<=2

figue
    Update your status

Lakers high total..not playing this one as there is not a good sample for high totals under this situation for me to trust it, but wanted to throw this out here for the action junkies. I will say this, aside the outlier on the Dec. 31 Thunder game, some monster points have been scored since 2010.

H and total >= 210 and p:W and p:margin >= 10 and op:L and op:margin >= -3 and o:rest<=2
    Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
    Guys, I want to apologise, I won't be posting any new SDQL codes tonight, since I'm out drinking Guinness with buddies. Will play some from already saved personal DB. Good luck, fellas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako-SBR View Post
    Such great stuff in the thread from everyone, 24-10 over the last 14 days alone, how can anyone argue with those results...

I'm on these tonight, thanks to JMon and everyone else who contributed them for the rest of us to enjoy:

Fav,to win:

HF and WP>=72 and game number>=25 and p:LF and line<=-9.5 and total>=187.5 and season>=2006

Also the under:

F and p:AL and p:margin<=-8 and WP>=o:WP and line<=-10.5 and 185<=total<=216 and C and division!=o:division and season>=2006

Overfit yes, but that's how I like 'em!
    awesome stuff here ,the best thread of SBR

figue
    Update your status

Green, I have many on Bulls under tonight

husky
    husky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great thread! I am interested in looking for angles that hit at a high rate straight up that would fall into the -300 to -700 money line range to put together into 3 team even money parlays. Any angles or ways to show this on sdql? Thanks!

green7

Thanks for the heads up on the OKC and OKC under plays

Good on you guys!

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by husky View Post
    Great thread! I am interested in looking for angles that hit at a high rate straight up that would fall into the -300 to -700 money line range to put together into 3 team even money parlays. Any angles or ways to show this on sdql? Thanks!
    I've never messed with that and probably never will. Everybody I know who has used sdql have never tried to uncover opportunities like this. Maybe we are missing out on great opportunities, but I enjoy looking for normal ATS and OU plays along with correlated parlays between side and total.

I would suggest you learn the language and give it a shot yourself. If you find something like looks interesting, I am sure people in this thread will be more than happy to give their feedback.

GL2U!

JR007

question for you guys ?? so, do you go through the card on a given night, and query the totals and sides for each game, and use the best results ???, or is it coming from the trend database ??? or are you originating your own querys ?? thanks in advance

husky
    husky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    I've never messed with that and probably never will. Everybody I know who has used sdql have never tried to uncover opportunities like this. Maybe we are missing out on great opportunities, but I enjoy looking for normal ATS and OU plays along with correlated parlays between side and total.

I would suggest you learn the language and give it a shot yourself. If you find something like looks interesting, I am sure people in this thread will be more than happy to give their feedback.

GL2U!
    Thanks wojo. I would appreciate if mako or jmon have any insight on this?

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Good day, fellas! Two from me:

oS(L, N=15)>=14 and A and -6.5<=line<=-5 and season>=2000

tS(L, N=4)=4 and tS(ats margin<0, N=5)=5 and A and o:rest=0

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    question for you guys ?? so, do you go through the card on a given night, and query the totals and sides for each game, and use the best results ???, or is it coming from the trend database ??? or are you originating your own querys ?? thanks in advance
    I do both...I scour the net for angles and turn them into SDQL and look for legit queries. I also create my own by looking through box scores and stats or even possible angles that pop in my head. With trial and error, some stuff will amaze you and others need to be trashed.
    Points Awarded:

JR007 gave JMon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

figue gave JMon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LiarGame gave JMon 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JMon

here is a trendy simple little sob that I stumbled upon...lol

A and tA(o: points)>=103 and p:M2<=-10 and pp:M2<=-10

possible filters

o:rest<3 and rest<=3 and line<=14

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Don't quite understand exactly what you mean about querying the totals and sides? I look at each game, what has happened recently with each team, what is happening in the near future, and different data points such as winning percentages, team scoring, shooting, etc. I do add the lines and totals into a query if it shows promise.

As to the trend database, I assume you mean the trends that are already present. I don't use those as the ones that I see are very short term and some are team-oriented. That doesn't mean they are not worthy of looking at, I just don't see the advantage of knowing Teams are 8-0 ATS (6.19 ppg) since Mar 21, 2014 at home after a loss as a home dog. Maybe knowing the Hawks are 7-22 ATS after a loss as a home dog since 12/14/2006 is valuable. I don't know who was coaching or playing for Atlanta in 2006.

cash$bro91
    Update your status
    cash$bro91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9919

possible filters

JMon, do you like the under for that game? I noticed the total has moved down a few points.

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by cash$bro91 View Post
    JMon, do you like the under for that game? I noticed the total has moved down a few points.
    just the side as of now. I wish I would have got in before the line move...as I do have a salty situation for the under.

208 >= total >= 201 and tS(ou margin, N=5) >= 30 and 60 >= WP >= 51 and 2009 <= season and site = home

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
    Good day, fellas! Two from me:

oS(L, N=15)>=14 and A and -6.5<=line<=-5 and season>=2000

I was already on both before I saw these! Thanks for added assurance.

JR007

thanks for the help

comon kryptonite
    comon kryptonite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

HI guys new to this and very interested and if im reading this correctly this sdql pertains to playing the total as in the over or am i reading this wrong boys???

help...

green7

You guys keep coming up with the goods.

Though......

when you add "division=o:division" and rest=0 as filters, the total looks less enticing.

I've got nothing to share today, but will consider the Hawks and Kings from the queries presented.

Good on us for tonight.

green7

Take that back

Here's a query that shows how teams have done after playing a particular team this year, and in this case, with no rest.

That two applicable teams for tonight's game of course would be the Kings after playing the Thunder, and the Wizards after playing the Pacers.

po:team and rest=0 and season=2013

green7

A mistake was made in my comments in #794

I made reference to a query and said that when an added filter of division=o:division was added plus "rest=0" that the total didn't look good.

The mistake on my part was to add "rest=0" which isn't applicable or correct for tonight's situation.

The query could read with the added filter could read

tS(L, N=4)=4 and tS(ats margin<0, N=5)=5 and A and o:rest=0 and division=o:division

which tells us that now the total could be considered,...just wanted everyone, especially the new or not so experienced of this. All the best.

Mako-SBR
    Mako-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3262

Quote Originally Posted by husky View Post
    This is worth exploring but it's not something that is tops on the list when researching queries because sides and totals are the driving force. What I might suggest is compiling a variety of queries within a sport, like we're currently doing in the NBA, and then once you've got a bunch of them screen them for just this sort of parlay opportunity.

I actually run the queries first to see what 'automatic' plays they spit out, before even looking at the whole card. Once I have 2-3 or those autoplays I'll then look closer at them to make sure I still want to be on that play, as sometimes there are injuries or other errata that would keep me off a play despite the query having an 80%+ win rate ATS as an example.

After that I'll look at the card and see if there's something I actually want to bet personally, and if so then I'll look at the last few games on each side of that match and build a small query around it just to see if I want the action.

possible filters

That is very sexy, passed all the tests in terms of eliminating chance/random occurrence, which is odd because who gives a damn if a team was losing after the 2nd Q in its previous two games by large margins right? But that's the beauty of SDQL queries like this one, if they win then you don't necessarily have to understand the complete logic behind the result (though of course you should try to drive down the reasoning always of course).

Thanks J, appreciate it.

I was already on both before I saw these! Thanks for added assurance.
    Ha, same, for whatever reason a lot of different solid queries are pointing to those two games, which certainly makes you feel good when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by green7 View Post
    I made reference to a query and said that when an added filter of division=o:division was added plus "rest=0" that the total didn't look good.

The mistake on my part was to add "rest=0" which isn't applicable or correct for tonight's situation.

The query could read with the added filter could read

tS(L, N=4)=4 and tS(ats margin<0, N=5)=5 and A and o:rest=0 and division=o:division

which tells us that now the total could be considered,...just wanted everyone, especially the new or not so experienced of this. All the best.
    Good stuff green, you're contributing a lot of good thought to the thread, nice work.

nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7160

here are a few from me:

ou streak > 7 and site = away

ATS: 51-27-1 (2.86, 65.4%) avg line: 5.5

P: points in the paint > Po: points in the paint and P: L and AF

ATS: 235-177-6 (-0.11, 57.0%) avg line: -3.8

maybe some of you can tweak this a bit

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29848

Rested teams only on Sunday.
    Good luck.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Great thread guys keep up the good work. Vigorously trying to learn this stuff and I respect everyone who has put the time in to keep making everyone money. I know I have profited from this read.

figue
    Update your status

3-1 TODAY

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29848

3-1 TODAY
    A strong close to a great week.
    Love it when the stars and queries align.
    Good luck.

Mako-SBR
    Mako-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3262

3-1 TODAY
    Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

A strong close to a great week.
    Love it when the stars and queries align.
    Good luck.
    Same, a pair of back-to-back 3-1 days along with the rest of the great results the past month = strongest finish to a regular NBA season ever.

Great stuff.

Tillos
    Tillos's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play for Sunday. 48-9 record.

p:AW and p:margin>14 and pp:AW and pp:margin>14 and H

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by Tillos View Post
    Play for Sunday. 48-9 record.

p:AW and p:margin>14 and pp:AW and pp:margin>14 and H
    Heads up for your effort, but clearly that SU record is mostly made by heavy favourites. If you shorten the line -6<=line<=0, doesn't look so good anymore.

It's basically a working trend for 7 or more point favourites, but Portland is only 2 points favourites, which is close to ML.

p:AW and p:margin>14 and pp:AW and pp:margin>14 and H and line<=-7

First ... 20212223242526 ... Last