Ilima MacFarlane vs. Amber Tackett
    Javy Ayala vs. Carl Seumanutafa
    Art Arcienega vs. Justin Smiley
    Paul Ruiz vs. Josh San Diego
    Matt Perez vs. Eugene Cancino
    Nick Bustamante vs. Te Edwards
    John Paul Elias vs. DeMarco Villalona
    Jermaine McDermott vs. Eric Huggins

Last edited by Sanity Check; 01-29-16 at 09:35 AM.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Sanity Check 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BELM0NT gave Sanity Check 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law gave Sanity Check 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

I was hoping someone would make a Bellator thread. You guys spot any dogs you like?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

I'm finding MMAmania to have the best information based event write ups in recent months.. I added sherdog links, Here you go -

170 lbs.: Paul Daley (37-13-2) vs. Andy Uhrich (11-5)http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Paul-Daley-4270

It's slightly astonishing that "Semtex" has more than 50 professional MMA fights on his resume and is just 32 years old. And if you factor in his kickboxing record, the "P" in Paul might stand for "prolific." Unfortunately, he's also had a few troubles over the years; therefore the "A" would stand for assault and the "U' for being fired from UFC, while he gets the "L" for notable losses to Tyron Woodley and Nick Diaz, among others. With 27 out of 37 career wins by knockout in MMA alone, he lives up to his explosive nickname, but he's also been finished in more than 50 percent of his losses (two knockouts, five submissions).
    Bellator fans will best remember 'Stunner" for either being knocked out on the Bellator PPV or for winning on Bellator "Fight Master," only to be eliminated because of a cut. He's had some significant success outside of Bellator and comes in on a three-fight win streak, which was capped off by beating Bellator veteran Bobby Cooper in March 2015. The diversity of his style lends itself well to fighting Daley -- four knockouts, two submissions, five decisions -- and he's slightly younger at 30 years old.
    Uhrich wants to shock the world with a win, but we know his chin can be touched ... and few people will disagree that Daley hits harder than Ben Brewer. Even putting that aside, the original plan was for Daley to fight Uhrich, Koscheck to fight Secor, and then Daley and Koscheck to finally settle their long-standing grudge. Daley isn't taking Uhrich lightly, but this is a fight that seemingly puts him on the road to a future "tent pole" grudge match.
    Final prediction: Paul Daley knocks out Andy Uhrich in round one

170 lbs.: Paul Bradley (22-6, 2 NC) vs. Chris Honeycutt (6-0, 1 NC)
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Honeycutt-124263

If this feels like deja vu all over again, well, there's a good reason for it: This fight happened before at Bellator 140. Unfortunately, multiple head clashes by both men led to Bradley getting a forehead cut deep enough for the fight to be waved off in round two and ruled a "No Contest." I had Honeycutt winning up to that point and had predicted Honeycutt winning the last time they met, and I see no reason to change -- he is the younger fighter (27 vs. 32) and seemed to have a slight advantage in their grappling exchanges the first time out.

Final prediction: Chris Honeycutt defeats Paul Bradley by unanimous decision

265 lbs.: Raphael Butler (9-1-1) vs. Tony Johnson (9-2)
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Raphael-Butler-78613

In a Heavyweight division where the champion is roaming around Russia with no signs of returning soon, any man who can put together a few wins isn't just a top contender, he's potentially an uncrowned interim champion. Tony Johnson brings a two-fight win streak to the cage, including a win over former champion Alexander Volkov at Bellator 136. Butler is looking for a second win in a row coming off an impressive submission of Josh Diekmann.
    Both men tip the scales at (or near) the 265-pound weight class limit, so neither will look to make it a long, drawn-out scrap; however, that scenario would favor Johnson, who has five decision victories to his credit. Butler is called "The Silencer" for a reason, though -- five knockouts ... all in the first round. Add his ever-improving Brazilian jiu-jitsu and ground game and Butler feels like a professional boxer who really has figured out how to take his athletic prowess in one field and successfully apply that drive in training to another.
    Final prediction: Raphael Butler scores a second round technical knockout

155 lbs.: Patricky Freire (14-7) vs. Ryan Couture (10-3)
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ryan-Couture-51228

This feels like a bad decision for Freire. I applaud him for agreeing to take the fight on short notice, but having just lost to Derek Anderson one month ago, taking another bout so quickly to rebound from a loss may not be wise. Couture has a four-fight win streak going, is undefeated in his Bellator career, and finishes 60 percent of his fights via submission. The Freire brothers are hard to finish, and Patricky "Pitbull" has only been knocked out once and submitted once, but Couture may just settle for grinding out an opponent who came back far too quickly.
    Final prediction: Ryan Couture wins via unanimous decision
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-29-16 at 10:44 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't think Ryan Courture will be able to grind out a decision win here.. I also don't think he can ground and sub out Patricky Freire either so I disagree with that prediction.... I got Pitbul by KO in that match up..

I originally thought Paul Bradley with his experience should out class Honeycut, but I'm not so sure now.. Still working that fight and capping it, watching their last brief fight on video now..

Chris Honeycut has better wrestling and ground and we all know when in doubt go with the better wrassler!!!

I'm on all the favorites.. Parlay 2 pairs...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-29-16 at 11:51 AM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Fresno cali !!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Fresno cali !!!
    Fresno is too far of a drive for me to attend, how bout you Killa? You kick'n in Fresno?.. Bellator always has events held in Cali...

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Fresno is too far of a drive for me to attend, how bout you Killa? You kick'n in Fresno?.. Bellator always has events held in Cali...

Nah. I had to commute there for college for 4 years. Hour & half each way. Lots of latina and asian vag around though. Top notch

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Final prediction: Raphael Butler scores a second round technical knockout

Final prediction: Ryan Couture wins via unanimous decision
    I have Tony Johnson over Raphael Butler / Patricky Freire over Ryan Couture. Tony Johnson trains out of AKA with Daniel Cormier, Velasquez, Rockhold and friends. In the past he's used the same fight plan Cain used against JDS where he ducks as soon as he enters punching range and shoots for takedowns. Butler's best chance, being from a boxing background, throw an uppercut as Johnson is coming in. If he doesn't finish Johnson when he bum rushes, he'll wind up on his back with Johnson ground and pounding him for the entire fight. Johnson's wrestling is pretty solid fighting out of AKA with Daniel Cormier coaching him.

Ryan Couture has zero power in his strikes compared to what other pro fighters in his weight division have. His only chance is to out wrestle Freire to a decision while Freire is punching him in the face. Big advantage for Freire, he hits hard and has the power to give Couture problems. Couture's subs weren't the most impressive. He's been able to handpick opponents with suspect sub defense, the area where he's strongest. If you look at Couture's last 4 wins, his last 4 opponents all have extremely suspect defense against submissions. Freire is a good grappler with good sub defense, Couture shouldn't finish him nearly as easily as he finished his last 4 suspect opponents.

Honeycutt and Paul Daley to close things out. Honeycutt was winning the last fight with Bradley before it was stopped due to a cut from an accidental headbutt. They're both division 1 wrestlers, last time around their wrestling cancelled out and it was a stand up scrap. Honeycutt was barely edging out Paul Bradley but it was close. Daley should have no trouble with his opponent based on stats and records.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 01-29-16 at 12:58 PM.

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

I am going big on Tony Johnson.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Don't quote me on those predictions Sanity, that's the MMAmania writer predicting those..... I'm on Tony Johnson and Pitbull Patricky as well Sanity!!

Leaning ever so slightly on Honeycutt just because he was winning that first fight.... Playing all 4 favorites here unfortunately.. Would love to hammer a dog but just can't lock one down with this event..

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Looks like Tony Johnson moved from AKA to tennessee for this fight.

He says he's planning to stand more, too.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 01-29-16 at 01:09 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

So this cranks up in an hour.. I'll check!!!

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Let's get this! So far I'm Daley, Honeycutt and Johnson.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The question is do we all fade Josh Kos when he fights in Bellator? Sorry getting ahead of myself ..

Ok Tony Johnson do this!!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Good ball shot for fatboy to catch a breather early on... Lol...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This is not looking good.. I didn't think this fight would stay standing at all...

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

This is not looking good.. I didn't think this fight would stay standing at all...
    1 round each

Unwritten Law

Agree. 1-1 heading to the final round. Winner takes all. Let's go TJ!

JAKEPEAVY21

immediate takedown...now just lay on him and smother him!

Unwritten Law

Let's go Big Boy. Keep on top of him. Johnson is about 280 tonight. Just lay on him 2 more minutes!

BELM0NT
    BELM0NT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Couture inside the distance could be a good hedge bet +454

JAKEPEAVY21

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Tony and the wrestling taking over now.. Good come back after round 1.. Tony Johnson getting it done in rounds 2 and 3.. Wrestling took over in this fight.....

Stoppage.. Outstanding.

Unwritten Law

Yes! Yes! Yes!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Lol weird stop. No reason

PaperTrail07

Winner

JAKEPEAVY21

need Freire now in a 3 teamer...last leg is northcutt vs barbarena over 1.5
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law

Emulated DC's style after losing to him earlier in his career. Nice win for Tony Johnson! Congrats, backers!

PaperTrail07

Couture would be bagging groceries if his last name was Smith lol. Freire should make easy work if him. Tko or 30_27 around

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BELM0NT View Post
    Couture inside the distance could be a good hedge bet +454
    I'm thinking the opposite with Pitbull myself Bel.. I see Ryan getting dropped in this one.. Ryan is improving though as a fighter so you never really know for sure, especially if he goes into grind mode like his father, in that case he probably wins by decision......

3309 Freire wins inside distance +268

or

3307 Couture wins by 3 round decision +320

Unwritten Law

Have Tony Johnson with Paul Daley in a parlay, and Johnson as a single. Might sit out next one but I think Couture could win it if he can drag this into deep waters and capitalize on a submission. Though Pitbull has only been submitted once in his MMA career.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Lol weird stop. No reason
    He didn't seem very upset at the stoppage.. He wasn't going to win anyways..

PaperTrail07

Agree. But it still was early

Unwritten Law

No props available on BookMaker. Good luck on your props, fellas!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I need Pitbull let's get this... KO would be nice.. Ryan isn't no Randy...

123 Last