THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC on FOX 17: Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone (December 19, 2015)

FOX, 8 p.m. ET
    Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone (for lightweight title)
    Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
    Nate Diaz vs. Michael Johnson
    Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Randa Markos

FOX Sports 1, 5 p.m. ET
    Myles Jury vs. Charles Oliveira
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Nate Marquardt
    Sarah Kaufman vs. Germaine de Randamie
    Tamdan McCrory vs. Josh Samman
    Danny Castillo vs. Nik Lentz
    Jim Alers vs. Cole Miller

UFC Fight Pass, 3:45 p.m. ET
    Leon Edwards vs. Kamaru Usman
    Hayder Hassan vs. Vicente Luque
    Luiz Henrique vs. Francis Ngannou

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-20-16 at 11:58 AM. Reason: image does not exist
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Cerrone At +215 Pick em fight IMO

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

up next

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Cowboy and Diaz

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    How does he solve the problems from the last fight? Remember, he didnt win one second of that fight. Neither did pettis. Wait, and then you say the words "pick em". Are you sure the + before the 215 doesnt cloud your judgement? Its very easy, i know.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

War Diaz!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I'm still too shell shocked to begin to start capping this event.. Need to take a few days off..

Will say this though -

Pending12/19/15 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1001 Donald Cerrone +260* vs Rafael dos Anjos

I will say a good hedge play to back up the Cowboy straight is the RDA KO prop.. I need start thinking about protecting bank roll more with hedge props.

For example - The Conor McGregor KO prop would have been a good hedge for sure just like the Holly Holm KO prop was with Rhonda Rousey.. Luke Rockhold KO prop too..

Hedge play taken -

1041 Dos Anjos wins by TKO/KO +440
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-13-15 at 05:08 PM.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Jury

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by jibbby View Post
    i'm still too shell shocked to begin to start capping this event.. Need to take a few days off..

Will say this though -

pending12/19/15 11:59pm ufc fighting 1001 donald cerrone +260* vs rafael dos anjos

i will say a good hedge play to back up the cowboy straight is the rda ko prop.. I need start thinking about protecting bank roll more with hedge props.

For example - the conor mcgregor ko prop would have been a good hedge for sure just like the holly holm ko prop was with rhonda rousey.. Luke rockhold ko prop too..

Hedge play taken -

1041 dos anjos wins by tko/ko +440
    rda wins. Im sorry, jibbs.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

There's some good spots to bet this card. Time to feast before holidays

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Take JDS. and run with the free money

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Take JDS. and run with the free money
    JDS and by KO when that prop comes out. I agree..

Allister is known for gassing and should get dropped by the heavy hitting JDS when that happens.. Reems chin and gas tank is suspect..

Hedge with Allister ITD, KO or to win in round 1 is something to consider..... Allister can only win this fight by KO you would think early on, he's not gonna win it by decision and out work JDS.... JDS has been rocked before in past fights and typically slows down his output after getting rocked is something to think about though.....

Sat 12/19 1105 Overeem wins inside distance +364

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    rda wins. Im sorry, jibbs.
    Not so sure about that Unc?

Cowboy went to decision and lost in the first fight but since then rattled off 8 straight wins against stiff comp.. I'm sure he'll have a different game plan coming in and will be more prepared this go around... He knows what he is facing now with RDA...

Cowboy has been very impressive since that loss anyways.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Donald-Cerrone-15105

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Nate Diaz the long rangy boxer with a high volume output of soft peppering punches is what you got.. He is facing the tough and more well rounded fighter in Michael Johnson. Both tall fighters, both have good cardio. Both tough as nails... Nate's only chance one would think is by Submission win but probably not happening.. No prop out for Nate by sub win yet.. I guess he could conceivably out box Johnson but that's not likely either IMO.. The decision prop anyways -

1207 Diaz wins by 3 round decision +670

The play is Michael Johnson as he's one tough cookie to crack, solid chin with a good wrestling base.. Michael Johnson probably wins by decision if I had to guess. Nate is very tough to finish..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Nate-Diaz-11451

Michael Johnson is coming off a decision loss to Dariush, respectable..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Johnson-68788
    He's looking to rebound and I think he uses his wrestling to win this fight on points from the top position. Might even get the better of Nate standing as well.

1211 Johnson wins by 3 round decision -120
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-14-15 at 01:47 AM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Pumped for this card!

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Nate Diaz the long rangy boxer with a high volume output of soft peppering punches is what you got.. He is facing the tough and more well rounded fighter in Michael Johnson. Both tall fighters, both have good cardio. Both tough as nails... Nate's only chance one would think is by Submission win but probably not happening.. No prop out for Nate by sub win yet.. I guess he could conceivably out box Johnson but that's not likely either IMO.. The decision prop anyways -

1207 Diaz wins by 3 round decision +670

The play is Michael Johnson as he's one tough cookie to crack, solid chin with a good wrestling base.. Michael Johnson probably wins by decision if I had to guess. Nate is very tough to finish..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Nate-Diaz-11451

Michael Johnson is coming off a decision loss to Dariush, respectable..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Johnson-68788
    He's looking to rebound and I think he uses his wrestling to win this fight on points from the top position. Might even get the better of Nate standing as well.

1211 Johnson wins by 3 round decision -120
    He clearly won tho, 29-28 IMO. It was also the commentators opinion from what i remember.

PaperTrail07

Your right the + does make it a tad cloudy-but Cowboy has been bringing it
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    How does he solve the problems from the last fight? Remember, he didnt win one second of that fight. Neither did pettis. Wait, and then you say the words "pick em". Are you sure the + before the 215 doesnt cloud your judgement? Its very easy, i know.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Pumped for this card!
    This actually is a really good card.. Prelims are stacked... I agree...

bjpenn85

Your right the + does make it a tad cloudy-but Cowboy has been bringing it
    He absolutely has. Against a fighter that fought close with yancy medeiros this weekend, myles jury, and the washed up jim miller that appears to lose to anyone who shows up. 2. og 3. runde av alvarez was good, but mostly because alvarez didnt perform. He stopped doing what he did in the first round, maybe because he was getting tired, i dont know.

Dos anjos Koed benson henderson, outclassed diaz and pettis. I do think both fighters are levels above the others, so their both outstanding. The point is, if the dos anjos that showed up last fights meets cerrone, he wont loose. Its the way dos anjos fights that smells trouble for cerrone, the constant pressure, the mixture of takedown, the speed and movement. Dos anjos is just a better version of cerrone basically. Last fight wasnt really close, and dos anjos is better now. Cerrones opposition has slowed significantly down, while he is pretty much the same, so its actually an pseudo "improvement". Go look for yourself...what is actually different with cerrone? He finishes people he would have finished two years ago as well. Its dos anjos who have changed. Roided or not hehe.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Hard to beat the same fighter twice, but if RDA has his number he has his number.... Cowboy will be looking for redemption and I expect a better showing from him anyways..

Dos Anjos could very win again though as he did get the better of Cowboy in that first fight... If I were on Dos Anjos I'd normally say he wins by decision but this fight is a 5 rounder... Their first fight was only a 3 rounder.. This is the decision prop anyways..

1011 Dos Anjos wins by 5 round decision +125

If I remember correctly RDA rocked Cowboy in that first fight.. I need to watch that fight over again..

Cowboy wins or Dos Anjos by KO is my best guess.

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-14-15 at 08:49 PM.

PaperTrail07

Agree....cant hate on RDA......like RDA's volume too...great for the judges...tough call but 2:1

bjpenn85

[QUOTE=JIBBBY;24972701]^^ Hard to beat the same fighter twice, but if RDA has his number he has his number.... Cowboy will be looking for redemption and I expect a better showing from him anyways..

Dos Anjos could very win again though as he did get the better of Cowboy in that first fight... If I were on Dos Anjos I'd normally say he wins by decision but this fight is a 5 rounder... Their first fight was only a 3 rounder.. This is the decision prop anyways..

1011 Dos Anjos wins by 5 round decision +125

Its hard to beat the same fighter twice because the first fighter may adjust, so strategically first winner may have an disadvantage. BUT, in this matchup Dos anjos advantage is speed and movement primarily, not so easy to negate. Frankie edgar beat me twice by better speed and movement, tj dillashaw beat barao def better movement and speed, Jose aldo doesnt even have stellar movement, but what he does have is speed - beat mendes twice, so normally when you have someones number, thats basically because of speed in some shape or form in combination with movement.

If Cerrone mixing in takedowns and try to get dos anjos on his back he may have a shot though, but thats not really hes style. Jackson -winkeljohn is def a scary tag team, those concern be a bit to be honest. If only Tarverdyan was his coach....if only..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Speed does kill, can't argue with that BJ.. Will say superior technique can negate speed though, and since this is MMA you can use the different arts such as wrestling to cancel out a strikers speed..

I'm thinking just maybe Cowboy tries to put RDA on his back this go around.. Cowboy has improved his wrestling over the years by leaps and bounds even though he doesn't show it in recent fights, and that may be the one area where Cowboy might have the advantage over RDA.. I just think he will change things up in this fight anyways..

Cowboy does have killer kick boxing skills and that's been his bread and butter.. Let's see where he goes in this fight.. It should be a good rematch anyways..

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ Speed does kill, can't argue with that BJ.. Will say superior technique can negate speed though, and since this is MMA you can use the different arts such as wrestling to cancel out a strikers speed..

I'm thinking just maybe Cowboy tries to put RDA on his back this go around.. Cowboy has improved his wrestling over the years by leaps and bounds even though he doesn't show it in recent fights, and that may be the one area where Cowboy might have the advantage over RDA.. I just think he will change things up in this fight anyways..
    Cowboy does have killer kick boxing skills and that's been his bread and butter.. Let's see where he goes in this fight.. It should be a good rematch anyways..
    Exactly, your banking on something unexpected to happen. It may be wrong i wont challenge that. Both come at a price, mine is more expensive tho.Where applying different strategies. We will only know Saturday who succeeded.

bjpenn85

I may may be wrong i meant...

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

michael johnson will absolutely dismantle nate diaz.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    You could be right Imadegen, Michael Johnson is certainly the stronger fighter period, just a really hard nosed tough dude is what I'm seeing in his recent fights win or lose.... He may just walk right thru Nate like you suggest and drop him..

The KO prop just for you Imad..

1233 Johnson wins by TKO/KO +150

The Diaz brothers are tough and hard to walk thru on the flip side though.. Nick Diaz especially...

Michael Johnson be like -

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-14-15 at 07:43 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Anyone betting RDA might want to wait a fight since it is his first fight after the PED ban. As Mcgreggor said "Steroids is a way of life for these Brazilians"

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Anyone betting RDA might want to wait a fight since it is his first fight after the PED ban. As Mcgreggor said "Steroids is a way of life for these Brazilians"
    They are finding new inventive ways to get past these tests.. You see Romero and Luke Rockhold in this most recent event? You think that's natural and steroid free?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

He did have his moments in the Dariush fight..

Laid out Tibau..

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

I might have to bet cerrone here. Does the juiced RDA that manhandled pettis show up?

UncleChael

Michael Johnson sucks.. Lol.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Michael Johnson sucks.. Lol.
    No he's actually probably one of the best stand up strikers in the lw division. a rusty nate diaz is not going to be able to compete with him standing. michael johnson got robbed his last fight, will be motivated here.

UncleChael

No he's actually probably one of the best stand up strikers in the lw division. a rusty nate diaz is not going to be able to compete with him standing. michael johnson got robbed his last fight, will be motivated here.
    Nate Diaz is Octagon rusty? If you say so. mj lost to Dariush, Madadi, Jury and couldn't win the TuF against Jonathan brookins.. He sucks.

UncleChael

Nate Diaz is gonna whoop some ass, I'll talk to you dec.19th.

1234 ... Last