Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Looked through the card. Only play for me is Stipe vs Hunt Over 1 1/2 -187

I see both of these guys gassing towards middle/late rounds

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Well, Miocic KO'ed Maldonaldo with one shot. They should either have stopped in the third or let it go all the way. Some consistency please, it's not like the shots he took in the 5th was close to the third.

agree...same ref (Dean) stops McMann immediately after a liver blow brings her down, not allowing any follow-up punches whatever...but lets matt brown fight his way out of a way worse liver-kick AND many follow-up blows from E.Silva early in their fight...then later in that same fight let's Matt rain down blow after undefended blow on a flattened out fully-mounted Silva...but McMann got protected instantly from much less than he let go on AND ON in another fight

Rousey has benefitted from ridiculously early stoppages a few times...the few rabbit punches to Alexis Davis whilst in a tight headlock could do little harm,
    but Davis got insta-"protected" after a few of Rousey's big-sister "noogies" put another extra-careful feather in Rousey's well-maintained frisson of invincibilty

on the other hand, we've just seen how the refs can let Hunt, Erick Silva and many others take wicked sustained beatings...a few weeks ago in Bellator, Paul Daley was allowed to wail on an over-matched opponent for the full 15-minutes to the delight of the crowd...and Eric Koch got damn near killed in each of his last two stoppage-losses (first one by Lamas) with lots of extra unnecessary shots he wasn't "protected from"...also memorable was Weidman's near murder of Munoz by UES (unnecessary extra strikes)

consistency please, indeed..Hunt was certainly not having fun tonight, but he suffered less damage at the hands of Miocic than both he and Bigfoot inflicted on each other a while back...but in that battle, the outcome was definitely in doubt till the very end, so the punishment "attrition" had to be allowed to play itself out...the key is in the word "unnecessary"...in Hunt/Bigfoot and Jones/Gustafsson tremendous damage was inflicted but at no time in either fight was the outcome inevitable...but tonight, and in several other instances the losing fighter is made to suffer absolutely unnecessarily
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-10-15 at 02:05 AM.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Miocic literally had 60 opportunities in this fight to submit this guy, really did. If there's complaints about why didn't the ref stop it, why did Miocic not just stop this. It was there n it was easy, all day. Dude should have put like 100k on himself to do that hes a millionaire now.

KingofKings
    KingofKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Miocic literally had 60 opportunities in this fight to submit this guy, really did. If there's complaints about why didn't the ref stop it, why did Miocic not just stop this. It was there n it was easy, all day. Dude should have put like 100k on himself to do that hes a millionaire now.
    I hear you loud and clear Sykes. I was asking myself the same question. Shout out to Miri on Whittaker. Great call.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I was thinking the same thing.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

what a night, did well but was more pumped about winning fantasy contest but only got 15th with a score that probably would have won any other event.

anyone else play any of the fantasy contest on draftkings or km, scores were ridiculous last night

tebowned
    tebowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 423

10U profit!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

caught this last night. Mark Hunt could be the most exciting heavyweight but the guy just simply does not want to train. He looked like he didn't train at all for this fight. Every fight it is the same "mark had a very tough weight cut". The guy has so much talent but now just gets by whiole refusing to get in shape. I think this fight he looked in worse shape than he ever has. You are 5 ft ten and having a tough cut to 265?

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Lol!!

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Stopped by to see what people thought of Curran/Chambers. With Curran being the up and comer with the full backing of the UFC's marketing team, it seems she's being groomed to be another face for women's MMA. She fights aggressively and is smooth and confident on the feet. Doesnt seem to respect subs though and gets caught in many attempts, even though she defends decently. Check out her fight with Kaiyana Rain for example.
    Well, I'm 0-1 in my return to this forum. This was my one decent sized play. Hate to lose that way. Sucks when you are right, but you are wrong. That fight never shoulda been on the ground.

Some good calls on Whitaker and Alvey... Nice work guys.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Hunt looks like a battered house wife in the NBA.. Geez!!! Fat boy took a real beating in that one......

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Call it perfect....too perfect....insane she let herself lose...horrible coaching as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Well, I'm 0-1 in my return to this forum. This was my one decent sized play. Hate to lose that way. Sucks when you are right, but you are wrong. That fight never shoulda been on the ground.

Some good calls on Whitaker and Alvey... Nice work guys.

Thor4140

Hunt twitted to his fans he is sorry he got to tired. If i had to run five miles the morning after drinking a case of beer i would go into a clinic. The guy simply doesn't like to train and is getting to be a waste of time.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

How Stipe didnt just arm bar the lazy blob on the floor is BEYOND me lol...

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Hunt twitted to his fans he is sorry he got to tired. If i had to run five miles the morning after drinking a case of beer i would go into a clinic. The guy simply doesn't like to train and is getting to be a waste of time.
    curious if you lump Roy Big-Tummy Nelson in with Hunt...to me, Nelson even worse with regard to not even bothering to build up a gas-tank that goes beyond 8.5 (= 5 + 1 + 2.5) minutes...only guy in modern MMA that actually "competes" (more like, "WTF, let's give this hay-maker lottery a few more spins shall we") with a higher % body-fat than the typical bus-driver
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-14-15 at 03:15 PM.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

People like to watch Nelson fight for some reason. If they didn't, Dana wouldn't keep giving him fights. I hate watching that guy. I wish Dana would have told him years ago he can fight at 205 or he can leave. Nelson actually has some legit skills but he's too busy playing up his fat, stupid, redneck persona that he forgets to actually train to win fights.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    curious if you lump Roy Big-Tummy Nelson in with Hunt...to me, Nelson even worse with regard to not even bothering to build up a gas-tank that goes beyond 8.5 (= 5 + 1 + 2.5) minutes...only guy in modern MMA that actually "competes" (more like, "WTF, let's give this hay-maker lottery a few more spins shall we") with a higher % body-fat than the typical bus-driver
    NO cause Hunt actually has some pretty good solid talent. Nelson has talent against mediocre talent. The Hunt dos Santos fight i was on the edge of my seat cause Hunt came into shape a little bit. Nelson was just a human punching bag for Dos Santos. Hunt simply gets by on talent. He would beat every fighter Roy beat if he would just train a little.

Thor4140

Nelson has no shot at beating Barnett. Horrible matchup for him unless Barnetts age catches up with him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Nelson has no shot at beating Barnett. Horrible matchup for him unless Barnetts age catches up with him.
    Not so sure.. Nelson matches up well against Barnett I think.. Standing Nelson has the punching power advantage as Barnett has been dropped in the past.. Grappling Nelson can hold his own if not gassed out.. Nelson has been the more active fighter..

Still probably a no play for me.. Need to see odds...

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Not so sure.. Nelson matches up well against Barnett I think.. Standing Nelson has the punching power advantage as Barnett has been dropped in the past.. Grappling Nelson can hold his own if not gassed out.. Nelson has been the more active fighter..

Still probably a no play for me.. Need to see odds...
    Jibby Barnett isnt gonna get hit by that silly overhand right guys with no reflexes and brains get hit with. If u think Barnett doesn't have power go look at the time he knocked out Pedro Rizzo. One of the most savage knockouts i ever saw. I thought it was check out time for Rizzo. U are feeding into that bullshit Rogan spews. "Roy is a blackbelt" Lol where and from who? I never saw the guy go for a sub in my life.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibby Barnett isnt gonna get hit by that silly overhand right guys with no reflexes and brains get hit with. If u think Barnett doesn't have power go look at the time he knocked out Pedro Rizzo. One of the most savage knockouts i ever saw. I thought it was check out time for Rizzo. U are feeding into that bullshit Rogan spews. "Roy is a blackbelt" Lol where and from who? I never saw the guy go for a sub in my life.
    Probably right Thor.....

I'm done betting on Roy Nelson, was just saying they match up a little better then what was being said in a sense..

Barnett probably gets the win but I haven't been that impressed with his performances lately.. Barnett with his grappling strength will not be able to sub out Roy Nelson most likely is all I was saying.. Barnett could take down Roy and lay and pray or Barnett could get the KO if he prolongs the fight and doesn't get clipped early on standing me tinks..... Flip side - As always Roy has that punchers chance..

First ... 2345