KingofKings
    KingofKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

YO Jibbby. I got Akiyama in this fight. His judo is going to be problems for Sadollah. Both fighters haven't fought since 2012 tho. I like Amir's muay thai striking but Akiyama is going to close the distance and toss Amir for 5.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by KingofKings View Post
    YO Jibbby. I got Akiyama in this fight. His judo is going to be problems for Sadollah. Both fighters haven't fought since 2012 tho. I like Amir's muay thai striking but Akiyama is going to close the distance and toss Amir for 5.
    Gotta agree with ya on this Kingo.. My thoughts too if I am to play it straight..... This is not a 5 round fight.. It's 3 rounder...

KingofKings

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Gotta agree with ya on this Kingo.. My thoughts too if I am to play it straight..... This is not a 5 round fight.. It's 3 rounder...
    I meant Akiyama flipping Amir like a pancake in the air. Quick question since I'm new. How come you're the only one breaking down fights here?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I meant Akiyama flipping Amir like a pancake in the air. Quick question since I'm new. How come you're the only one breaking down fights here?
    This is a comedy board

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

remember when luke thomas would post his pix?

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Jibby "breaks down" fights - we laugh.

That's how it works around here.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

With same logic Nakai's judo would be a problem for Tate, since you know shes been training judo since she was 4. but like Beez said this is a comedy board.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

How come you're the only one breaking down fights here?
    Because nobody takes an interest in breaking down the fights like I do, exploring all current MMA fighter article reads, watching all the recent fight vids, etc.. I'm also around the mecca for MMA here in LA and get the current low down and feel for all the popular fighters. Been involved in this sport since it began.. It's also my job to know what's going on in MMA daily...

Most people in this forum section are gamblers first and MMA fans second.. I like to share and help out while keeping it silly..

The most important fact to consider (not bragging) is that I also can't remember the last time I actually lost a UFC or Bellator MMA event gambling since posting on this forum. Honest truth... I stay very consistent in picking them right in this sport so I feel good about posting my thoughts..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-16-14 at 04:17 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Jibby "breaks down" fights - we laugh.

That's how it works around here.
    Then after every MMA event I laugh all the way to bank..

It all works out well in the end for all parties involved...

marzwoody

Jibby check your PM want to talk fights with you
    Last edited by marzwoody; 09-16-14 at 04:11 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Basic thoughts on the main event fights... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fight-night-52

mirinquads

Go get em jibby.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Hog analysis?

KingofKings

Because nobody takes an interest in breaking down the fights like I do, exploring all current MMA fighter article reads, watching all the recent fight vids, etc.. I'm also around the mecca for MMA here in LA and get the current low down and feel for all the popular fighters. Been involved in this sport since it began.. It's also my job to know what's going on in MMA daily...

Most people in this forum section are gamblers first and MMA fans second.. I like to share and help out while keeping it silly..

The most important fact to consider (not bragging) is that I also can't remember the last time I actually lost a UFC or Bellator MMA event gambling since posting on this forum. Honest truth... I stay very consistent in picking them right in this sport so I feel good about posting my thoughts..
    You're telling me you haven't lost any money for almost 5 years betting on MMA? If that's the true, I need to take notes. Also, I have been searching for tapes on the fighters fighting on the prelims. Is there a good website or place to watch all their fights?

KingofKings

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    With same logic Nakai's judo would be a problem for Tate, since you know shes been training judo since she was 4. but like Beez said this is a comedy board.
    I'm hoping Meisha learn her lesson for the Ronda fights and not get toss around so easily. But this is MMA and anything can happen.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You're telling me you haven't lost any money for almost 5 years betting on MMA? If that's the true, I need to take notes. Also, I have been searching for tapes on the fighters fighting on the prelims. Is there a good website or place to watch all their fights?
    I might lose a couple events every year on average.. Break even on a few too... Not bullet proof but do very well..

For fight vids - Try MMAshare.com or UFC fight pass (but you gotta pay for that).. Can find old fight vids on some of the file sharing sites too..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Jibbbeh, can i be your apprentice?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Whatchya talk'n bout Willis???? ^^
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-16-14 at 08:24 PM.

Sacrelicious

Hog analysis?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    surprised to see Nelson as the dog here
    Me too considering the advantage Roy Nelson will have if the fight goes to the ground.. Mark Hunt doesn't have the greatest take down defense either.. Roy could get a trip take down in the clinch maybe, doubt he gets a double or will even attempt that...

The question is if Roy even wants to take the fight to the ground going in? Not his style.... I think if he gets cracked hard standing early on he may give it a try...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-16-14 at 06:18 PM.

mirinquads

Roy has gotten exactly 3 takedowns in his UFC career and attempts around 1 each second fight he is in. He has been standing and banging with every single opponent, no matter how big their striking advantage are.

Hunt is farm from easy to takedown, and has a better gas tank than Nelson

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Roy has gotten exactly 3 takedowns in his UFC career and attempts around 1 each second fight he is in. He has been standing and banging with every single opponent, no matter how big their striking advantage are.

Hunt is farm from easy to takedown, and has a better gas tank than Nelson
    What's more important than his completed takedown statistic is his attempted takedown statistic, if people still want to keep that "any grappler will beat Hunt immediately" meme alive, but I'd assume most of us are past that (except for JIBBBY, apparently.)

Nelson attempted seven takedowns against JDS, but JDS is a farcry from Mark Hunt. Between his accuracy, power, timing, and decision making, JDS is the best knockout artist the heavyweight division has ever had; the best striker, too, barring maybe Fedor. His striking is relentless and terrifying, and no one in the world will continue to rely on their chin against him after he cracks them. Not even Roy Nelson.

Personally think the ground should be a non-factor unless Hunt decides to take it there. Hunt is stronger in the clinch, and should be able to avoid trips. Roy's doublelegs are cake.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    What's more important than his completed takedown statistic is his attempted takedown statistic, if people still want to keep that "any grappler will beat Hunt immediately" meme alive, but I'd assume most of us are past that (except for JIBBBY, apparently.)

Nelson attempted seven takedowns against JDS, but JDS is a farcry from Mark Hunt. Between his accuracy, power, timing, and decision making, JDS is the best knockout artist the heavyweight division has ever had; the best striker, too, barring maybe Fedor. His striking is relentless and terrifying, and no one in the world will continue to rely on their chin against him after he cracks them. Not even Roy Nelson.

Personally think the ground should be a non-factor unless Hunt decides to take it there. Hunt is stronger in the clinch, and should be able to avoid trips. Roy's doublelegs are cake.
    LOL

Sacrelicious

Hog analysis?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Hey a little dialog finally.. Brilliant!!!!

Both of these slobs Nelson and Hunt will be standing and clinching up against the cage at some point when both begin to gas out in this 5 rounder, Roy could conceivable get a sneaky trip take down in the clinch against a tired out Mark Hunt... Not impossible to think of if the fight drags on..

I do expect them both to stand and bang to start this fight off though.. Gotta consider also that Roy Nelson is just as tough standing as a 40 year old Mark Hunt swinging away in the pocket. Roy also hasn't been KO'd like Mark Hunt has recently either.. Roy could get the KO himself....

Many ways to get a fight to the ground in a 5 rounder anyways fellas and If by chance Roy does get it there expect this to happen........
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-16-14 at 08:28 PM.

KingofKings

MD droppin' knowledge. No doubt Mark Hunt is the better striker, but his weakness is the ground. If the fight does go to the ground, can Roy finish the fight?

MD

MD droppin' knowledge. No doubt Mark Hunt is the better striker, but his weakness is the ground. If the fight does go to the ground, can Roy finish the fight?
    Certainly. Hunt survived Struve on the ground, who is one of the best guard players at heavyweight, but that was from top position. If Nelson does manage to get him down, it'll be completely different. Don't expect Nelson to be too much of a threat off of his back, though.

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Certainly. Hunt survived Struve on the ground, who is one of the best guard players at heavyweight, but that was from top position. If Nelson does manage to get him down, it'll be completely different. Don't expect Nelson to be too much of a threat off of his back, though.
    Not for nothing but Roy hasn't landed a TD since he fought Mirko in 2011 - all he does nowadays is throw the overhand right and see if it lands in the first round - and if it doesn't he gasses and gets beat up en route to a decision loss - this being a 5 round fight and overseas with a ****** up timezone (Roy strikes me as a guy who probably likes his regular sleep) he might just retire from exhaustion and not get off the stool after round 4 if it gets that far

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I'm not a Hunt fanboy but I can't see how Nelson wins this.

marzwoody

I am a Hunt fanboy and I can't see how Nelson wins this.

mirinquads

Hunt got up from under both Struve and a roided up 300ish pound Bigface.

Nelson also hasn't scored a sub since 2006. I hear it before EVERY Nelson fight, "Nelson by SUB, underrated BJJ." I venture that his BJJ is overrated, especially off his back. Sure he is heavy on top, but as already pointed out, would be very surprised if Nelson gets on top, unless Hunt makes a mistake possibly taking him down. Nelson is a sack of potatos on his back, He aint sweeping or triangling and anyone, specially when he is gassed later in the fight.

Every sign points to an easy Mark Hunt victory, but i have a bad feeling that Nelson takes this somehow.
    Last edited by mirinquads; 09-16-14 at 10:49 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Boys and Girls please just remember Gluttony is a sin after this is all said and done!!!!... Lay off the cheese please... Not everyone is George Foreman or Roy Nelson...

Got Fat power?

Roy should be fighting at 205 from the start if you ask me... Dana White will agree to this.... Discipline Diet FAIL for sure with Big Boy Roy and Marky... Shiit happens.....

Still Big Country Roy has found a way to stay in the UFC HW picture as a contender for a long time now.. Sure he's hyped himself with the fat crap, but this fat boy has been knocking UFC HW's out of the box for a while now that are slow and stationary...

Can't say the same for Mark Hunt as he hasn't won in 2 UFC fights and he's not getting any younger either....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Hunt-10668 - MARK HUNT was the Man in Pride when not taken down though... Respect mon!!!...

This is why this battle of the bulge will be a good show and promotion when all is said and done.. This is why we are posting more about this fight then any other.. Zuffa delivered in Japan in this one with the main event..

Should be a Sumo wresting match main event if ya ask me going in.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumo
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-16-14 at 11:44 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

hehe

marzwoody

Boys and Girls please just remember Gluttony is a sin after this is all said and done!!!!... Lay off the cheese please... Not everyone is George Foreman or Roy Nelson...

Got Fat power?

Roy should be fighting at 205 from the start if you ask me... Dana White will agree to this.... Discipline Diet FAIL for sure with Big Boy Roy and Marky... Shiit happens.....

Still Big Country Roy has found a way to stay in the UFC HW picture as a contender for a long time now.. Sure he's hyped himself with the fat crap, but this fat boy has been knocking UFC HW's out of the box for a while now that are slow and stationary...

Can't say the same for Mark Hunt as he hasn't won in 2 UFC fights and he's not getting any younger either....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Hunt-10668 - MARK HUNT was the Man in Pride when not taken down though... Respect mon!!!...

This is why this battle of the bulge will be a good show and promotion when all is said and done.. This is why we are posting more about this fight then any other.. Zuffa delivered in Japan in this one with the main event..

Should be a Sumo wresting match main event if ya ask me going in.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumo
    Draw with roid foot and loss to JDS?
    Last edited by marzwoody; 09-17-14 at 07:11 AM.

MD

I might lose a couple events every year on average.. Break even on a few too... Not bullet proof but do very well..

For fight vids - Try MMAshare.com or UFC fight pass (but you gotta pay for that).. Can find old fight vids on some of the file sharing sites too..

JIBBBY's stumbled upon the famed "Gaberz Criterion", a mathematical betting system in which you brag about your wins and pretend your losses never happened.

First 123456 ... Last